JTH11706 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2016
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congrats to tahm42, 2essie, k80flec, and scarfe9991 on on making goal for December!

I'm on the board with a 3 mile run this morning.

Happy new year everyone!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Jan: 125 m cycling or purposeful walking

1st: 5.81 miles purposeful walking, - MTD 5.81

exercise.png

Started the day with a brisk 3.5 m round the block in relatively mild conditions with DH. After dinner we went out again for a short 2.3 m - by which time it was a tad cooler. The wind cut right through us.
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,235 Member
    Put me down for 80, please
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    75 miles for Jan Goal 2016 this year
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Back after an ankle injury in Nov. I'm aiming for200km this month.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    6.50 miles walked today
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    4.0 miles today!
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Going to stick with my 40 miles until I figure out what my body is going to let me do this month. Thanks, as always, to the people who commit their time to keeping this going. Happy New Year to all.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    3.2 mile walk

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,951 Member
    Exercise total for

1/01

24.25 miles (exercise bike) & 1.63 miles (cross trainer) &2.55 miles walking

28.43 miles for today

28.43 miles done
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member
    Put me down for 100 miles - 60 walking miles and 40 cycling miles.

01/01 - 3.14m walking

exercise.png
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 956 Member
    ... hoping to actually make my goal this month :smile: -- start the year off on the right foot.

Aiming for 75 running miles this month. Started off with a 4 mile run (in the rain) today.

Happy New Year.

exercise.png

• Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    5 miles

exercise.png

MTD 5
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,792 Member
    Walked a bit w/DH and Bean but had to cut it short. Got on the recumbent for 45 mins and an episode of Agent X!

1/1 - 2.44 miles
    1/1 - 13.10 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope you all have a fun Saturday!

Chris
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,747 Member
    1/1 Run 5 miles / Walk 3.5 miles

As of 1/1 8.5 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited January 2016
    Put me down for 75 miles again in January. It might be a stretch with my work schedule and the weather, but I need a challenge to get me off the couch. :D Only walked one mile today.

exercise.png

I did want to thank everyone who is keeping the spreadsheet updated. I know it can be time consuming, and you should know we all appreciate your time to keep this challenge going.

Also, Thank You to everyone here. I have had some tough months in 2015 and if it were not for this group, I am sure I would curled into a ball and stopped moving all together. Knowing you are all here to listen, give advice and encouragement and share your own struggles keeps me going on the bad days. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Let us all have a healthy, happy safe new year.

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,950 Member

exercise.png
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 833 Member
    1st - 3.25 miles hiking

3.25/200
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    clepant wrote: »
    Here we go...I have decided to do a C25K program for the first time and am new to running. So, this should be interesting and hopefully a great way to introduce my body to moving more and pushing myself. If I stay on track with the program, I should be able to complete 25mi this month minimum. so my goal for January is 25miles.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    If anyone else is attempting or has completed the C25K program, please message me if you would like to be friends and share experiences with me. Thanks!

Wishing you all the best in your new goal. You might want to look into Jeff Galloway and his run walk program. It also is a good program that would te in nicely with your goals. I still use it in a modified way to get me through big mileage. There are a number of runners on here that are always willing to share helpful tips.

Thanks for the encouraging words and the suggestion. I will definitely look into it. :smile:
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Here we go...I have decided to do a C25K program for the first time and am new to running. So, this should be interesting and hopefully a great way to introduce my body to moving more and pushing myself. If I stay on track with the program, I should be able to complete 25mi this month minimum. so my goal for January is 25miles.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    If anyone else is attempting or has completed the C25K program, please message me if you would like to be friends and share experiences with me. Thanks!

There is a c25k group. You will find support there. I was a new runner a couple of years ago. I swear by c25k! Have fun!

Thank you. I can use all the support I can get. Checking the group out right now. I wish you the best with your goals this month.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,512 Member
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    clepant wrote: »
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wishing you all the best in your new goal. You might want to look into Jeff Galloway and his run walk program. It also is a good program that would te in nicely with your goals. I still use it in a modified way to get me through big mileage. There are a number of runners on here that are always willing to share helpful tips.

@wonstepatatime - I still use Galloway and I'm about to run my 8th marathon. It is a wonderful way for people who are older (like me) or new to running (like you) to be able to achieve their goals. My advice to you as you go through c25k is that getting started is the hardest part. I found it much harder going from 0 to 3 miles than going from 3 to 26. So stick with it. If you are persistent it will get easier. Good luck! Always love welcoming a new runner to the club.

@clepant - yes, I'm still planning to do Disney Dopey next week - 5k, 10k, half, and full marathon in 4 days. It won't be pretty but I think I will finish. It has been so blasted hot here - high 80s for weeks -- that I've barely trained at all. Thankfully it's only supposed to be in the 70s for the races. This will be my 3rd time doing the Dopey Challenge.

@Janet: I am so impressed with the fact you have done this once let alone three times. I will be keeping good thoughts for you.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    In for another 155 miles in January walking/biking/elliptical
    1/1- 6.0 miles walking
    Total to date - 6 of 155 miles
    Thank you to the moderators for another year of keeping all the numbers 'crunched'. Some days I get out there only because of this group!
    Happy 2016 everyone
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,512 Member
    I went to a New Year's Day evening wedding and did not get home till after midnight. Fell asleep trying to post my mileage.
    Jan.1: 10.25 miles doing a resolution run of 3.6 miles and walked trails for 3.4 miles and fur baby walks of 3.25 miles
    TTD: 10.25 miles

exercise.png

• Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    1/1 - 2.38 miles walking

MTD - 2.38 miles :)
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 3,015 Member
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Welcome back, Watersm04.

3 mile run for me this morning after dropping my son at the airport at the crack of dawn.

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,336 Member
    Checking in with 6 miles so far
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    4.3 mile walk

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,402 Member
    I meant to say yesterday when I was updating the spreadsheet (but got distracted and hurried out the door to a family thing lol) that I'm happy to see several of you back that have been gone for a while...WELCOME BACK! :drinker:

Dave
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,951 Member
    Exercise total for

1/02

24.30 miles (exercise bike) & 1 mile (cross trainer) & 2.55 miles walking

27.30 miles for today

56.28 miles done
This discussion has been closed.