5-day Egg Fast Dec 26-30 .... Hedonistic version

Options
13»

Replies

• CrewZen
    CrewZen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    daisysmamu wrote: »

Boy, you got me there. I remember when I first started Atkins, I got the ketosticks and everything. I never saw anything on them! Maybe I should get some more and try again.

I never get a moderate reading... always a little or more less. I bought a blood ketone meter but haven't tried it yet. The test strips are pretty expensive so I want to reserve it for fine-tuning. Now I'm just trying to see consistent ketostix readings and some obvious weight loss. I read that you can cut the ketostix in half - which I've been doing. Also read that after a while in ketosis the urine levels drop off so ketostix aren't as accurate for people who have been keto-adapted for a while.

• creamcake2
    creamcake2 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I started the egg fast on Monday and I used the pee test strips every day. I stayed in the "small" range each day....EXCEPT on the morning of day 5 !! My strip turned a beautiful merlot color......I almost fell over! I was finally in Keto !!! I lost a total of 5 pounds in 5 days......and now I am slowly adding in a few things each day so I do not gain the weight back. I had NO PROBLEM with the 5 day egg fast.....but I DO LOVE eggs! I am thinking I will give it a rest for a week or 2, and then do 3 days on the egg fast and 4 days off. I have read that seems to work for many people. Also...I too am a baby-boomer.... (which means I am in my 60's) which also means it is difficult for me to lose weight !! I am thrilled that I tried the egg fast! I want to thank this board for introducing it to me!!!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @creamcake2 Great job! Which brand keto sticks did you get?

A few days after my egg fast, and I've dropped another pound. I didn't gain more than a few ounces after the fast, but then my kiss was minimal.