Introduction- looking for accountability partners who have a sense of humor :)

Options
Hi there! Renee here, looking for accountability partners with a sense of humor. Of course getting healthy is serious business, but it doesn’t mean we cannot laugh along the way 

Replies

• verno00
    verno00 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi. I need some accountability too. I was trying to think of a funny response that would ensure my participation offer acceptance, but my brain is in overload for my first day back to work. In fact, I'm probably in trouble right now for posting this during working hours. But don't worry, I'll talk my way out of it with tears and limping. That usually works.
  • brooklyn_gal_11228
    brooklyn_gal_11228 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    verno00 you're awesome!!!!!!
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have no sense of humor at all. I am entirely too serious for my own good, yet people continually send me friend requests after reading my profile and talking about how funny I am. I do not understand this, but people are often strange. I do accept most friend requests though, unless you're a stalker. You aren't a stalker, are you?
  • brooklyn_gal_11228
    Options
    Matt you're in! You're safe, my stalking days are over.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm holding you accountable. Are you?
  • linton100
    linton100 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    im holding you all ....wait what are we doing? ...im 47 now and i cant remember a dam thing....add meeeeeee
  • brooklyn_gal_11228
    Options
    I love it! you guys rock!
  • kickstandup
    kickstandup Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So, this was my last post and now I just came across your thread. PLEASE feel free to add me.

"I am determined to get my stride back that I had when I first started this journey, and I realized that when I started this, it was FUN! Seems to me that the more serious I got, the less I wanted to do this and the more I resented having to get on here and log everything. At the same time, I went from losing weight at a solid pace to gaining back half of the weight I lost. So, it's time to find the fun in all of this and to enjoy the journey rather than resent it. Here we go peeps, let's knock this thing out of the park and have a little fun along the way!"
  • verno00
    Options
    So, Booklyn_gal Renee, what are the next steps? I haven't done this social media accountability thing before. I'm like a fragile flower bud.

oh - we probably need to commit to something, right?
    #1) I will consider stalking Graymanstole
    #2) I promise to brush my teeth tonight, not dink wine, and do minimum 20 ball pass crunches.

Is that how this works?
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Everything sounds fine except the 'not drink wine' part. What are we, animals?!
  • marvinq42
    marvinq42 Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Humor? What's that?

Feel free to add me as well!
  • Nease269
    Nease269 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you guys are awesome! Maybe you can help me find a sense of humor. Add me please....
  • brooklyn_gal_11228
    Options
    Here's what I'm thinking- (and for the record when I start thinking it gets dangerous, you've been warned) we all add each other and every other post something in your news feed. I like the committing thing, but I'm not very good at commitment, unless of course it has to do with finishing off a good bottle of wine or making my husband miserable for a day.

• brooklyn_gal_11228
    Options
    verno00 wrote: »
    #1) I will consider stalking Graymanstole

yzb6sxwkosz0.jpg

• brooklyn_gal_11228
    Options
    So, this was my last post and now I just came across your thread. PLEASE feel free to add me.

"I am determined to get my stride back that I had when I first started this journey, and I realized that when I started this, it was FUN! Seems to me that the more serious I got, the less I wanted to do this and the more I resented having to get on here and log everything. At the same time, I went from losing weight at a solid pace to gaining back half of the weight I lost. So, it's time to find the fun in all of this and to enjoy the journey rather than resent it. Here we go peeps, let's knock this thing out of the park and have a little fun along the way!"

Exactly!!!!
  • brooklyn_gal_11228
    Options
    linton100 wrote: »
    im holding you all ....wait what are we doing? ...im 47 now and i cant remember a dam thing....add meeeeeee

you're still with us buddy :) ?

I'm turning 47 in a few months and I'm with you on the memory thing- luckily I have two kids born on the same day this month or someone was going to be forgotten! Here's a chuckle- my oldest is and my youngest; 27 & 9.
  • verno00
    Options
    Love the Silence of the Lambs reference... and I am currently a size 14, so I have to look out for that buffalo Bill guy and his van all the time lately.

Brookly_gal - Great work not forgetting those birthdays - That's an automatic gold star in my book (even if they are on the same day).

BTW - For those that are holding me accountable - I totally...
    1) Brushed my teeth last night. Flossed too. My dental higiene is just amazing.
    2) Didn't drink wine (which I prefer red, so thats another bonus to my pearly whites)
    3) Did my 20 ball pass crunches, but I could have done much more - so I'm thinking I'll commit to 60 -80 tonight on top of the ball.

Tomorrow, I kick off 2016 training sessions with my trainer Mac. I <3 Mac, but he can't be with me 24/7. I need to take some accountability of where I've gotten myself and take some action to get where I truly deserve to be.
  • brooklyn_gal_11228
    Options
    Great job!
    Though I didn't floss, I had the wine and the only mac I love is with cheese!
  • verno00
    Options
    You're funny :)
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? I too enjoy wine, flossing, and the occasional stalking. I speak fluent sarcasm, and enjoy long walks on the beach. I am a recovering slacker, and could use all the motivation I can get! :)