Moms Needing to Lose 50+?

I'm going to start a new group for women like me. I'm thinking it would be helpful for us moms to connect with healthy ideas for our whole family. I'm 30 and have 1 daughter who will be 2 at the end of the month. I need to lose at least 50 lbs. Comment here to be added to the group!

Replies

• supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    I have 50+ to lose but may get pregnant again before hitting goal. I'm 2 years PP and may not want to wait another year.
  • katesmithnn
    katesmithnn Posts: 7 Member
    A big challenge for moms to loose weight after baby.
  • jtate0212
    jtate0212 Posts: 53 Member
    Hey all! I'm 32 and 1 year PP. I also have a 6 year old and am looking to lose 50 lbs
  • leleti01
    leleti01 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi I'm 37 working mom of 1.... I too have 50lbs to loose...
  • twiigo
    twiigo Posts: 39 Member
    Mom of four, I have 60 lbs to loose. I'm at a 100 days on MFP I'm 7 months pp and have lost the baby weight :) now I'm working on the baby weight from my first child who is now 18 :) add me
  • kittybug2005
    kittybug2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Im a mom of 1 9 month old and have a short term goal of losing 50 lbs and long term goal of losing 100 lbs. Im at the biggest ive ever been at 250 lbs
  • WildGing
    WildGing Posts: 77 Member
    Im a mom of 1 9 month old and have a short term goal of losing 50 lbs and long term goal of losing 100 lbs. Im at the biggest ive ever been at 250 lbs

We could be twins! I have an 8 month old, and am also looking to lose 100 pounds. I'm currently 243, which (sadly) is not the biggest I've ever been, but still bigger than I want to be. We can do it!
  • kittybug2005
    kittybug2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Yes we can! I am amazed at how much this app has already boosted my confidence and all these great people have gave me encouragment! Its only day 2 for me and I know its going to b a challenge but with everyones encouragment i know I can stay on track.
  • FireCrackerMommy14
    FireCrackerMommy14 Posts: 10 Member
    I have a one year old son & im at the biggest ive ever been 250lbs trying to lose 50lbs but im not stopping there! We all can do it!
  • lauradunn613
    lauradunn613 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm aiming for 60 but would be THRILLED to lose 50! I am 30 with a threenager (boy) and 9 month old (girl). I was halfway to my goal before when I got pregnant with baby girl, so I know HOW to lose weight, it's just a matter of motivation and effort.
  • birtley15
    birtley15 Posts: 44 Member
    I want to loose 70 lbs. I have a 4 year old boy and 1 year old girl. I have lost 25 pounds since June of last year and this year I am pushing to loose 70 more before I turn 40 in September!!!
  • ChickenDrinks39
    ChickenDrinks39 Posts: 8 Member
    I want to lose at least 65. I was doing well with exercise and diet until I was pregnant with out third and then gained it all back in pregnancy and her first year. Now that I'm getting more sleep I'm motivated to get back on track.
  • pixiexribbons
    pixiexribbons Posts: 9 Member
    I've got 70lbs to lose. Have an 8 year old son and a new baby daughter is 15 weeks. I lost 20lbs right before I got pregnant with baby girl. Exclusively nursing and wanting to balance losing weight with my milk supply. *sigh*
  • lauradunn613
    lauradunn613 Posts: 6 Member
    I've got 70lbs to lose. Have an 8 year old son and a new baby daughter is 15 weeks. I lost 20lbs right before I got pregnant with baby girl. Exclusively nursing and wanting to balance losing weight with my milk supply. *sigh*

Girl I was in the same spot earlier this year. Nursing made me gain weight, not lose... I was too tired to exercise and had absolutely no time to cook since I work full time too. And if I cut down on calories my supply would tank, which meant more stress! First time I ran after we weaned, i was amazed at how easy it was when I'd been dragging for so many months!
  • Shaunare
    Shaunare Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    If anyone is interested in new friends, please friend request me. I am new to this site and relearning how to eat correctly for nutrition. I'm 36 with a 2 year old that still nurses, so I have to balance all that out.

My first goal is to lose 50 lbs which would put me back at around the weight I was when I got married almost 12 years ago.

Thanks!
  • Miffyfax
    Miffyfax Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    30 something, wife, littles at home, work full time outside the home, part time student, and have 80+ to loose. I love the support of the NEM group on FB and am looking to add more MFP mom friends here. When I jump from fb to mfp it feels so lonely here! This is the first time I have started tapping into the groups... I am far more more motivated when I see a lot of activity in my feed so please add me if you are an active MFP mommy!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Two years to 40, kiddos mostly out of the home, and 40 to 50 pounds from goal (again)!
  • tihi18
    tihi18 Posts: 102 Member
    I'm 32 and it would be great to lost 50 pounds. I have a 11 yo, 10 yo, and a 3 year old.
  • PanamaCaramelLatte
    PanamaCaramelLatte Posts: 21 Member
    I'm 275 at 5'5 and need to lose 100..ahh ! I have a 6 and 7 year old...