start date

Options
Hi hey i see that there are some members in this group but i see no discussions (unless i am doing it wrong) well i started the 30 day shed yesterday and would love to chats and exchange some good recipes and tips---

Replies

• jele30
    jele30 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, I started up 30 DS today and found this group after. Feeling really sore, but I also went downhill skiing yesterday so likely a combo effect. Are you planning on going straight through for 30 days or will you have rest days?
  • littleemama
    littleemama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started level one on 1/3. I have done level one in the past with great results and used to have rest days depending on my schedule. I'm hoping for at least 5 days a week this time around
  • mrsghosh
    mrsghosh Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started level 1 today..with 8lbs it was tough. I think I have to get 5 lbs to finish the reps without getting arms tired too much? Any suggestion
  • jele30
    jele30 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 3 complete. I can do some of the workout with 5 lb and some with 2 lb, but by the time I get to the last set of side lunges I'm lucky if I can do it with weights at all. My fitness and strength level is pretty much non existent as starting this after a very long hiatus, but each day seem to be able to keep the weights going a little bit longer and maintain form. Once form starts to go I drop to the lighter weight or go without.
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    I wish to go 6 days a week n complete the course sooner than dragging. Last time I tried in oct and halfway through level 1 I started getting compliments as I was toning..couldn't finish level 3 as I went out of country for vacay. This time I want to go until the end without hiccups n start another program to lose 45 pounds.

• motherpenguin
    motherpenguin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30 day shred tomorrow. I need to buy some weights but might do a week without weights first.

I am excited to begin my transformation.

I have a goal to lose 30lbs or 13kg in 3months.
  • suegreg77
    suegreg77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday 4th, and boy am I sore! I completed the 30DS a few years ago and lost 6cm from my tummy (although it's all back now!) so know that I just have to stick with it. Once you get past Day 5/6 you can definitely start to feel a difference in your ability. I'm only using 1kg weights as I have very little upper body strength (my push-ups are terrible) but I' m hoping to lose 20lb in the next 3-4 months :smile:
  • kellysb72
    kellysb72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm on day 7 and finding it a tiny bit easier lol. It will take me 60 days as I jog / 30 day shred alternate days. Using 3lb weights and feling the burn.
  • hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Starting today! Going to be using 5lb weights (bc that's all I have. Lol) going to do 6 days a week, resting on Sundays. I don't have a specific goal in mind as far as 30ds goes. I have around 35-40 lbs to lose in all so I'm just hoping to get closer to that goal. I lost around 45 lbs in 2014 then got pregnant and baby is 8 months old now so I say it's about time I get back on the ball and lose this weight. :) good luck to everyone!! -haley
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. This is my second time around doing 30DS. I did this in 2013. My process was to set 2 rest days a week, not necessarily consecutively. I lost 33 inches and 20 lbs last go around.

I have roughly 40-50lbs to lose, but I am focusing more on inches than the scale.

We can do this!!
  • wonderwoman1974
    edited January 2016
    Options
    hnsr1021 wrote: »
    Starting today! Going to be using 5lb weights (bc that's all I have. Lol) going to do 6 days a week, resting on Sundays. I don't have a specific goal in mind as far as 30ds goes. I have around 35-40 lbs to lose in all so I'm just hoping to get closer to that goal. I lost around 45 lbs in 2014 then got pregnant and baby is 8 months old now so I say it's about time I get back on the ball and lose this weight. :) good luck to everyone!! -haley

If you don't have smaller weights, I have heard of some people using cans out of their pantry as weights…just a thought :)
  • wonderwoman1974
    Options
    jele30 wrote: »
    Level 1 day 3 complete. I can do some of the workout with 5 lb and some with 2 lb, but by the time I get to the last set of side lunges I'm lucky if I can do it with weights at all. My fitness and strength level is pretty much non existent as starting this after a very long hiatus, but each day seem to be able to keep the weights going a little bit longer and maintain form. Once form starts to go I drop to the lighter weight or go without.

Try starting out with less weight to begin with and working up to more weight with each level...
  • SuperSaiyanGoddess86
    SuperSaiyanGoddess86 Posts: 84 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Starting 30 DS today with 5lb weights
  • kellysb72
    Options
    Hi. Day 8. Definitely noticing an improvement. Gave it my all today. Don't know how you can do it with 5lb weights, 3lb give me the burn and my trainer tells me I have high muscle mass. Think I actually enjoyed today :o
  • kellysb72
    Options
    I use Youtube. Has anyone got the DVD? Just wondered what the recommended wright is?
  • kellysb72
    Options
    'Weight'
  • wonderwoman1974
    Options
    I think the weights really depend on you. I agree. I burn with 2 and 3 lbs! I use both.
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    I feel that using 8 lbs (just bcoz i don't have smaller weights) made me to look forward for jumping jacks as it really feels cardio is lighter than strength exercises
  • kellysb72
    Options
    I detest jumping jacks! I'm the opposite. Enjoy strength but not cardio.
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    kellysb72 wrote: »
    I detest jumping jacks! I'm the opposite. Enjoy strength but not cardio.
    Either way good for us