Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Welcome, Linds! Your sweet tooth will not trouble you on OMAD as much as it did before OMAD - that's what happened with me!
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    your name Ruby
    ...your weight....maybe but not yet...will dind out monday am...
    ...your height....164cm
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    Hi i have lost 60kg with weightloss surgary but had some medical iasues and an injury that put me on the couch for over 3 months.. going to use OMAD to try to get some contol back and creat a new way of life.
    ...your goal weight range.... half of me lol..
    ...the time of your OMAD... think it will be lunch time.
    ...and your OMAD start date. 11th january...
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Awesome. Welcome!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Welcome Ruby and good luck for tomorrow!...may the force be with you <3>:)
  • vrojapu
    Welcome, Ruby!
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    Thanks on the train to work woke up late no coffee for me oh well :) will get one at the station on yhe way on to work
  • vrojapu
    Good luck on your first OMAD day, Ruby!
  • almostmrsfox
    almostmrsfox Posts: 24 Member
    Hi everyone!

...your name or preferred username :: Audrey

...your weight :: 257 lbs (highest scale reading was 290.5)

...your height :: 5' 8"

...any past struggles you've faced or are facing :: binge eating, life long weight struggle

...your goal weight range :: 150 to 175 lbs - I have never been under 220 in my adult life so I chose this range based on the middle of my healthy weight range for my height to about 10 lbs over. I have always been strong, and I carry my weight very well but I have NO idea what it's like to not be obese. I plan on adjusting my goal as I lose.

...the time of your OMAD :: Dinner time - typically between 6 and 9pm

...and your OMAD start date :: officially today, January 10th 2016 :blush:

I have been testing out OMAD with the exception of my weekends when I may have two meals on Saturday and/or Sunday. I was previously doing Weight Watchers and from February to late summertime I lost 30-40 lbs and experienced a sudden halt. I was eating the way everyone told me to - many small meals to "feed my metabolism" and it just stopped working. I cancelled my WW membership and started to track calories only on here. Before I even saw that OMAD was a thing, I had started to do it by default. I have been pushing myself to drink a gallon of water per day while at work so I really haven't been hungry for more than OMAD, and I LOVE that I can have a heartier dinner! As someone who would "hoard" as many points/calories as possible for dinner, and who found ways to cheat - it's a dream to be able to lose and maintain my weight by doing this!!

Please feel free to add me as a friend - I'd love to connect with people with similar goals! :smile:
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome Audrey!

Yep, the "feed my metabolism" / little meals idea has led lots of people astray. OMAD will set you right Just remember, there will be drop-off periods where your body settles for a time at a weight. Don't get discouraged.

-Joe
  • mittenswillet
    welcome Audrey!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Welcome!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome! You can do this!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    ...your name: Sam
    ...your weight: 140 lbs
    ...your height: 5"4
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: I love good food and drink! I've lost 20 lbs since March 2015, and have 20 lbs left to go. My main stumbling block is indulging in delicious food with my partner. He's a six foot tall chap who is a lot heavier than me, so his calorie limit to lose 1 lb a week is the same as my maintenance! We eat big meals together and love to get takeaways, but eating the same size dinners as him puts me pretty much at my calorie limit so OMAD makes a lot of sense for me. I've never been a fan of breakfast and when I was a teen I'd often naturally go without eating until about 4pm, when I'd have a snack before dinner. I ate OMAD regularly a few years ago and it worked really well, but I was less active during the day then so I think my challenge this time around will be getting used to keeping up my daily activity without eating lunch.
    ...your goal weight range: 120 lbs is my current goal, although I could comfortably be between 110 and 120.
    ...the time of your OMAD: around 6pm
    ...and your OMAD start date: Today, 12th Jan!
  • mittenswillet
    Welcome Sam!! Sounds like your gonna do great!! :)
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Sam.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Good luck, and welcome!
  • vrojapu
    Welcome, Sam!
  • nmidwood13
    nmidwood13 Posts: 12 Member
    your name Nancy
    ...your weight....174
    ...your height....5ft 6inch
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing. I Just really love eating, I guess I'm an emotional eater and feel like everything is improved if your eating at the same time. The only emotion that makes me not want to eat is anger and if I have planned to have something all day and then you make me angry and I don't have it, I'm even angrier. Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm not a very angry person. Luckily I also love walking but just haven't been able to due to some family issue. Soooooo I've packed on weight but have started a plan and think I may make this part of it.
    ...your goal weight range....145
    ...the time of your OMAD... Probably lunch or dinner.
    ...and your OMAD start date. Monday the 25th because don't all new beginnings start on a Mondays. lol
  • mittenswillet
    Hey Nancy! Welcome to OMAD :)
  • arguablysamson
    Hey there, Nancy. Welcome to OMAD!