Share your pics

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    And on another happy note, I was with a group that toured one of the nicer restaurants in Milwaukee. They dry age their beef and yes, we got a tour. There are no prices on the menu. :smile: The steaks run about $100 a piece.

6789b406.jpg

86ad1d86.jpg

They trim a lot of the outside and lose about 1/4 to 1/3 of the meat on each rack. It's one reason it is so expensive, but it's a steak you truly can cut with your fork. Fantastic! :yum:

Wow! That is a steak I will probably never get a chance to eat. Too pricey for me! But I've always heard they're the best!
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Today was my meat pick up day for my farm subscription. This is my fourth year as a subscriber. This year , I ordered 1/4 grass fed cow, 1/2 pastured heritage pig, 40 lbs each ground pork and ground beef, and 12 pastured chickens. I also get 6 dozen pastured eggs per month. Once per month, I meet my farmers at the pickup location. Today I picked up 1/4 of my yearly supply of pork, 10 lbs each ground pork and beef, 6 dozen eggs, and 5 lbs of organic, fair trade dark roast coffee beans. Here's what it looks like. Notice the nitrate free bacon, and various types of homemade sausage, made with just ground pork and spices, no fillers.ojh147grm9fz.jpeg
    I also bought HWC, butter, cheese, almond meal, pork rinds, stevia and a few vegetables today, but didn't take a picture of those. Now I'm all set !

Super awesome haul you got there! I would love to buy a deal like that. I don't have a freezer and nowhere to put one in my small house :(
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Great meat pictures @lowjax75. Wow, what a meat tragedy to lose the whole freezer full ! That would be my worst nightmare. I have a lot invested in my two freezers full of meat. Next time I'm at my farmers' farm, I need to take some pictures of their meat shop and smoker. They make the best prosciutto too.

@Sunny_Bunny_, I have a small house too. I have my freezers in the basement near my washer and dryer. It's a very tight squeeze, but it can be done.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Great meat pictures @lowjax75. Wow, what a meat tragedy to lose the whole freezer full ! That would be my worst nightmare. I have a lot invested in my two freezers full of meat. Next time I'm at my farmers' farm, I need to take some pictures of their meat shop and smoker. They make the best prosciutto too.

@Sunny_Bunny_, I have a small house too. I have my freezers in the basement near my washer and dryer. It's a very tight squeeze, but it can be done.

I have a ranch with no basement. Teeeeny tiny house! Lol
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat---Where do you get your farm fresh meat? Do you live by Olympia WA??? :-)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Lol @Batlady49 , I'm in Manitoba, Canada. I live in Winnipeg and my farmers live about 3 hours away. They come to deliver to my city twice per month. We eat nothing but "frolicking" animals. ( No barns at all )
  • sitzenhuser
    sitzenhuser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    And on another happy note, I was with a group that toured one of the nicer restaurants in Milwaukee. They dry age their beef and yes, we got a tour. There are no prices on the menu. :smile: The steaks run about $100 a piece.

6789b406.jpg

86ad1d86.jpg

They trim a lot of the outside and lose about 1/4 to 1/3 of the meat on each rack. It's one reason it is so expensive, but it's a steak you truly can cut with your fork. Fantastic! :yum:

Where in Milwaukee? I would love to check this out!
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    How do we poat pictures on here, I can't see anything to add an image!
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I meant post, fingers not working properly
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    There's an icon that looks like a piece of paper with the corner turned down. The instructions here are super clear (not!) Lol!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    How do we poat pictures on here, I can't see anything to add an image!

If you're using the android app there isn't a option. You'll have to go on the website to add a pic.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Still having dreams about this. This was on a hike to Ouzel Falls in Rocky Mountain National Park this past summer. We passed by these falls (Calypso Cascades) on the way and I can still feel that cool morning mist on my face. So beautiful. I love waterfalls!

iwxpda24gsyb.jpg
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    That's beautiful!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Here's another waterfall for you :) this was at letchworth state park in letchworth ny. I know I have some of Niagara somewhere I'll post one if I can find it.
    jthgd60zpv7i.jpg
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Well....since you pulled my arm....here is another waterfall. LOL This is Alberta Falls, also in RMNP.

h7mknn9i32sk.jpg
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Wow!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    It may be cold, snowy and windy, my thighs are frozen and my nose running. But how else am I gonna get frozen pics of the creek.
    whe13dssf9oh.jpg

bkx1j6mee5kc.jpg

awxuhy6wlrfv.jpg
    n4e03lo8mugo.jpg
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Nice picture, @auntstephie321 . Reminds me of northern Wisconsin.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Love the waterfalls @Emily3907 !

Beautiful pix of the frozen creek @auntstephie321 ! Sounds like you had to work hard for those. Brrrr
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    yes I'm still a little cold from it. I walk there in the summer on my lunches and learned that they plow the walking path in the winter so there's no reason not too, unless its way too cold. trying to keep up some of my healthy summer habits in the winter too.