stages 2 & 4

Options
14567810»

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo!! I'm now down to the last two sessions of stage 2 so will be done by the weekend. I had a few days off with a sore back but otherwise have really enjoyed this stage. I won't mind coming back to it in stage 4.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Finished and couldn't be happier! I'm excited to move on. Maybe I'll post tomorrow on my gains.. I'll see also of I can find my previous post when I did stage 2 and compare.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Well done @terrie_k I did my last A session today. B to be done on Saturday. I've got a 'spare' week before going away skiing next Saturday so may do an extra A and B session next week, or may have a trial run of stage 3.

Have quite enjoyed this stage....definitely noticing a difference in my balance!!
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Officially finished stage 2 today. I now have a few days before going skiing for a week so need to decide whether to repeat stage 2 for a further week or launch straight into stage 3!
  • terrie_k
    Options
    I took a little break with holidays, moving on to stage 3 tomorrow. I still want to see my gains and losses. Hopefully this week.
  • terrie_k
    edited January 2016
    Options
    terrie_k wrote: »
    I finished stage 2 a little bit ago but figured I should post my stats finally!

FSPP: Just the bar -> bar + 10lbs
    Step-up: bar + 45 lbs -> bar + 75lbs (I used the barbell so I could increase weight - couldn't with dumbells)
    One-point Rows: 24 lbs - >50 lbs
    Static Squat: 60 lbs -> 70 lbs
    Push-ups: T with 3 lb weights -> regular on low step
    Planks: 60 sec - > 75 sec
    Wood Chops: 20lbs -> 23 lbs

DL from box: 40lbs + bar -> 70lbs + bar
    Bulgarian Split squat: 35lb plate whole time
    Underhand pulldown: 70lbs -> 90lbs
    Rear lunge with reach: 40lbs -> 45lbs (Really felt in my abs with the reach)
    Cuaban Snatch: 20lbs -> 24lbs
    Ball crunch: eventually went from 35lb plate to putting arms back with 5lb plate
    Cobra: 80sec -> 100sec
    Intervals did increase on the treadmill.

Loses, or gains in inches (I am pretty small but fairly curvy and right side dominant):
    Biceps: No change from stage 1, +0.25 stage 2 (+0.25 total)
    Upper Chest: -1.5 stage 1, -0.5 stage 2 (-2.0 total)
    Chest: No change from stage 1, +0.25 Stage 2 (+0.25 total)
    Waist: -0.25 stage 1, -0.5 stage 2 (-0.75 total)
    Bellybutton area: -0.75 from stage 1, -0.5 stage 2 (-1.25 total)
    Hips: No change from stage 1, -0.25 stage 2 (-0.25 total)
    Thighs: Only the left went -0.25 from stage 1, both went -0.25 stage 2 (-0.50 left, -0.25 right)
    Calf: -0.25 stage 1, nothing stage 2 (-0.25 total)

My weight still fluctuates too much to tell if anything is happening there.Gain 1-2 lbs and lose 1-2lbs daily.
    My butt is starting too look real perky, but is coming at the price of my jeans fitting tighter in that area :)

There is my previous!
    Now for this time: I put a + or minus in front as a gain or loss from previous Stage 2. Seems I did great in A, not so much in B.

+FSPP: 33lbs -48 lbs (incl bar)
    +Step-up: barbell with 142lbs total - 159 lbs total
    +One-point Rows: 40lbs - 54 lbs
    +Static Squat: 105lbs - 114 lbs (barbell bar incl)
    +Push-ups: on step, 1 foot whole time
    +Planks: all over a minute, best was 1min 22sec
    -Wood Chops: I had to use a plate and ball this time: 25lbs whole time

+DL from box: 140lbs - 147lbs (I did from ground as my plates aren't as tall as most, so same theory as box)
    +Bulgarian Split squat: 22lbs - 62 lbs
    -Underhand pulldown: 79lbs - 84lbs (my machine is mising the numbers so just a guess what the plates weigh)
    -Rear lunge with reach: 20lbs - 35lbs (Really felt in my abs with the reach)
    -Cuban Snatch: 16lbs the whole time, I read in sometyhing else not to overdo with the rotator cuff, I stayed low
    -Ball crunch: just did basic arms back
    -Cobra: 98sec best, rest all over 60 sec
    I did not do intervals as these workouts take forever! And I am running outdoors once a week.

I'll do measurements eventually, but with holidays and my usual timely bloat, I am not sure how well they will go.
  • terrie_k
    Options
    Will I see you in Stage 3 posts now @kimiuzzell ?
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    @terrie_k I'll be there!! Ski holiday has been put back a few weeks so uI can now dedicate January to stage 3!!

I did SL only before work today as not enough time to do more but will be looking to do my first stage 3 workout on weds after work.....
  • terrie_k
    Options
    I should be doing 3 tonight. I looked at my previous, seems I only did about half before quitting.
  • terrie_k
    Options
    Stage 4, how many reps did anyone (who answers) do?
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Looking back in my notebook, it looks like in stage 4 I mostly did 8 reps though some lifts and days I only managed to do 6 on some of them. A good percent of the time, however, it was 3 sets and 8 reps.
  • terrie_k
    Options
    Thanks. I mix up reps and sets a lot, I think it said 2-3 sets, so that was my question that you answered still :)
  • nufertiri
    nufertiri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'll be starting with stage 2 next week, and just want through this thread to get some first ideas what to expect (in real live :) ) and hints what to take special care of - very helpful indeed!

Seems like all exercises of stage 2 (and all later stages) take significantly longer time to finish, but I couldn't find any kind of numbers on those. Does one of you remember how long A and B usually took you to go through (e.g. with 2 sets)?
    And how did you handle the rest timing? The book says to rest 75sec, and I remember a general note in some chapter saying that one can shorten/extend the rest, but they don't recommend this. But I already found the 60 sec in stage 1 quite boring... :neutral:
    I don't think a break of 45-60 instead of the 75 should be that harmful (or in case I'm totally screwed, 90+ sec to catch breath again - hehe)?