Like Minded Lushes - January 2016

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Gary!! I didn't see that it was your birthday yesterday or I certainly would have considered celebrating with a cocktail in your honor. :drinker:
    Ashley, you're going strong...the snow sounds like a perfect reason to have wine.
    Have fun in Vegas Robin!!
    Bridget cheers to you! When I want to complain about it being cold here, all I have to do is look at the temps where you all are! Brrrrr.
    Sunday-0
    M0nday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    I seriously am not sure why I'm doing this since it's not translating to any pounds lost. Usually I make up the calories I save from booze with non healthy foods, and I'm not even doing that. Stupid scale. Grrrr :s
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I smashed my finger yesterday. I needed vodka to ease the throbbing. That's my story and I am sticking to it. I can't write with a pen today without a lot of pain. At least typing is good. Syd, I hate it when the scale doesn't recognize my sacrifices.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Must be something in the air. I was down 0.1 lbs for the week. BAH!
    Robin- sorry about your finger!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    An old friend came in from out-of-town
    Wed - 6 beers
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Gary hi, a very belated happy birthday from me. You share your birthday with my best friend. Definitely a good day :-)
    Robin I hope your finger is better soon, just so long as it doesn't stop you holding a glass....
    I saw a report on the news earlier about the blizzards expected in certain parts of America. I hope those of you affected stay safe.
    I kind of have a semi-win with the alcohol tonight.
    3 glasses of wine drunk but I've managed to stop before the bottle is empty. I think I've borrowed some will power from somewhere
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! Now have a great lushy weekend! :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes. Well I made up for my time on the wagon. Friday night was not too bad. I had about 4-5 glasses of wine. We took the kids and went to early dinner and then drank some more wine after. Saturday was a doozie though. We did our usual coffee shop and then I decorated cake/cupcakes for almost 4 hours. We didn't eat lunch till late, started drinking around 4:30, never ate dinner and ended up staying up later than we wanted. Yesterday was Daphne's birthday party (she's 4 today!) and we were both unfortunately hangin' a bit and rushing around all morning and then pretty much vegged out the rest of the day. I think we're going to try to stick to no drinking during the week as a rule. Although I have a birthday dinner this Tuesday. But now that I had my off the wagon blowout, I want to get back to moderate drinking when I do. So cheers to that! Have a great week!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Oy...being hungover at a kids birthday party does not sound pleasant!! Way to power through mom!
    I didn't over do it this weekend. Went through almost 2 bottles in 3 days with the husband having a couple of glasses. I guess I'll see how the week goes with the 0's. It didn't seem to translate much on the scale so that's frustrating. I reallllly want to drop this excess weight so I need to figure things out.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I hear ya Syd. My first week on the wagon I dropped a pound but then gained half a pound back last week. :/
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY!!!!
    Robin-how's the finger and how was Vegas.
    Happy birthday to Daphne and Olivia, as well.

Back home they got hit with a HUGE blizzard, 23-30in...crazy and soooooo glad we missed it!!!

Lenny started work today, so starts some serious moderation, healthier eating and exercising. I am going to start with some yoga this morning and probably do a beach walk after Lenny is done work!! Not sure what is on my agenda for the day. Maybe some errands, maybe some cleaning.....weird to be alone. For the last two weeks Lenny and I have done so much running around together, now I don't know what to do with myself :wink:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate!! Lucky you're in beautiful Hawaii! Man, I would give anything for warmer weather! But it'll be in the 60's come this weekend....in KANSAS! Very weird for January. LOL

I need to moderate this week, but I don't know how committed I am. Sunday the 31st is my birthday, so I consider this my birthday week. :) I have a 3 day weekend & my husband & I are meeting friends in KC. I'm super excited!

Monday - 0
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Um well if I were u my A** would be on the beach with a great book in hand!

Still drinking here :p
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 3 drinks
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wish Kate! Oh, when you get a chance post a pic of the beach you walk on!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    s09wt5juy6d9.jpg

That is West Maui Mountain behind us. Lenny looks much different now too....cut hair and shaved beard. It was mandatory for his new job....he looks even more handsome now

• kblue2007
    Options
  • kblue2007
    Options
    The images look huge...sorry!!!!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Nice pics Kate - love the mountain/beach and Lenny looks totally different in the 2 pictures. (like the beardless better but you have a handsome hubby either way :smiley: )

I ate and drank a TON last week, we took a Royal Caribbean Bahama cruise - so much fun! Only bad part is that I sprained my left foot - it's a rainbow of colors still almost a week later! (I had not been drinking prior to hurting myself but I sure did afterword!! :wink: )
    Been dry since I got back though - think my liver is waving the white flag!!
    Sat - 0
    Sun - 0
    Mon - 0
    Today - probably a 0
    Been a long, long time since I had that many zeros!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    OK so maybe that no drinking on week days will start next week. Daphne wanted to go out to dinner for her birthday so we went for sushi. I had 2 glasses of white and nothing when we got home.

Hi Kate! Wow, he does look different! Cutie. :) I tend to like the long haired bearded, but that is my type. But he looks great either way.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Vegas was a success. Princess Ariel came to Olivia's party and was a hug success. My daughter told everyone that "Jamma, called some of her princess friends and got Ariel to stop by" (I'm Jamma) She entertained the kids for an hour. It was great. My daughter over did it as usually with really cute sandwiches(Croissants with eyes so they look like crabs) and fruit skewers (green grapes so they look like Kelp bulbs) and "seawater" punch. oh and we had seaweed dip (it was spinach dip) we decorated with green streamers for Kelp and blue streamers for water and put up a bunch of fish. Oh and we twisted pink streamers and made coral. It was really cute. I had a blast. And the best part of the weekend is that the BRONCOS WON!!!!

I didn't lush too bad. But I ate like crap and the scale really shows it.

BTW great pics Kate.