Ja-new-ary(ou) in the making: Workout Check-in

Options

Replies

• christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Had Mon and Tues off as I had incredibly horrendous reflux.
    So tonight did upper and lower hypertrophy to 15 reps. Ended up splitting upper and did lower in between. Worked OK :/
    Front squats 1x15 30kg,2x15 32.5kg
    Bench 3x15 30,3x5 32.5 kg
    Db bench 1x12 12,3x15 9kg
    Db bicep curl 3x15 9kg
    Db flyes 3x15 9kg
    Single arm row 3x15 12kg
    Leg press single leg 3x5 20kg, both legs 1x10 40,50,1x8 60,3x5 70kg
    Leg extensions 3x15 12.5kg
    Hammy curl 3x15 12.5kg
    Lat pulldown 3x15 33kg
    Triceps 3x15 10+ kg
    Preacher curls 3x15 15kg

Tired tonight
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Today was squat day...

Barbell squat 3x85, 3x95, 10x110

Then I switched to goblet squats for my accessory work since someone needed the rack. 5 sets of 10 holding a 50lb dumbbell. Wow, I've never done goblet squats before, they felt great through my legs, but it was so much harder in my upper body. I really had to brace my core (which I think is my weak point in my barbell squats)
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    FWIP! No time to report workouts lately! I think the last time iposted was saturday? Well, I got 6 reps of squats @ 175 on Sunday, 4 reps (or maybe 5 but I'm hesitating more and more) of bench @ 127.5 yesterday and 6ish reps of pendlay rows @ 115 today.

The rest is a mish-mash of a rehash of the past 2 weeks anyway. Got some progress either weight or time-wise for the most part. Happy with the pace I've got, even happier that after tomorrow the challenge workout will be a standalone and I'll only be doing 4 days a week otherwise.

Gotta go back to work so WAAAAHHH! (I don't know, I feel Waluigi-ish xD)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats-3X7X 25
    Kettle bell swing-22X9X 25

I really love the transformation that doing these is making to my stomach glutes and thighs.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for my kettlebells book to be delivered then I will be giving it a go myself, @fanncy0626!!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When I get home from work I'm going to look up what a kettlebell swing looks like. I need something to make a difference on my... anywhere. :) And I have 1 kettlebell hanging around somewhere.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    :)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Today was a mid-shift day at work so I was at the gym at 7pm after working the 8 hour shift. Not a fan of that schedule because I'm used to working close shifts and getting my dinner break at around 7, so I was hungry by then. Had to wait a little for the cage too because a woman was using it when I first got there. On the plus side, one of the roommates cooked chicken and rice, so that was awaiting when I made it home. Mmm protein.

61 - Lower Hypertrophy

leg extension 4x8 @ 80 - odd with the different machine. It's a leg curl and leg extension type, so depends on how you have it set up. Seat didn't go quite far enough forward for me either.
    front squat 3x10 @ 80 then cross arms 1x7 and 1x5 @ 110 - First sets were easy enough. The crossed arms was a struggle with my arms and holding the bar. Fitbit needs to go during that cause it was pressing against my other wrist. Not comfortable. Need to work on the balance and holding the weight with it a little more.
    curtsy lunge 4x10 @ 85 - decent
    good morning 4x12 @ 85
    rdl 3x8 @ 140 - okay but grip issues by the last reps
    sumo deadlift 3x5 @ 170 - okay, calluses hurt a little during them

Think I'll try getting in some cardio after work tomorrow to see what it's like there after 10:30 pm. It's a new location so the "busy" times have barely anyone and I imagine that means not many at all should work out later either. Should get a good run on the treadmill then since still too rainy and flooded outside to go to the park for that.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X 122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    0HP-1X5X 45/50/55, 3X5X 60, 2X5X 55
    DL-1X5X 150

Swimming freestyle-40 minutes

I went swimming before my weightlifting and I really did not have any energy for lifting. I will not do that again! The OHP is still difficult to lift the 60 pounds without losing my form. I had to deload The last two sets to 55 pounds.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Back to it! I didn't make it to the gym on Tuesday, then had a class last night, so I've been missing it.

Squat: 5x5 @ 73.5 kg
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 61.5 kg - I thought this was an increase, then realised it was the same as last time ... pfft.
    OHP 4x5 @ 22kg and then 1x5 @ 22.5kg - slowly going up (ha, both the weight and the bar)

Did some chin ups and pull ups, then home.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Worked out Sunday the 17th and Tuesday the 19th, but I'm just going to post today's workout...

ICF Workout 'A'.

10 minute warmup on treadmill
    Squats: 70kg - 5x5
    Bench: 35kg - 4/3/3/4/4
    Row: 55kg - 4/4/5/5/5
    Shrugs: 25kg - 3x8
    Skull Crushers: 17.5kg - 6/5/5
    Curls: 17.5kg - 8/6/4
    Hyperextensions: 20kg - 8/7
    Cable Crunches: 21.6kg - 3x10
    Good Mornings: 20kg - 3x8
    Decline Crunches: 10kg - 3x10

Didn't bother with steady state cardio today since I added the decline crunches and good mornings. It was my first time doing good mornings and they certainly lived up to their name.... my hamstrings were like "gooooooood morning!". :tongue:
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    I'm done in!! ICF B tonight...worked up to the following:

SQ 5X5 @65 kgs got all my reps in so now to improve form.
    OHP 6/6/6/5/5 @25kgs trying to increase reps in order to lift more!
    DL 1X5@72.5 kgs a new best and no back pain :smile:
    Row 5X5 @35 kgs
    Close Grip Bench Press 3x8@30kg
    Barbell curls 8/8/4@20kgs..finished off with 15kgs but definitely getting there'
    Hanging leg raises 3x10
    Plus some assisted pull ups and a couple of rubbish negatives.

Then tried to side plank but my shoulders had given in so I stretched and showered and collapsed!!!
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ankle is doing better. I'm finally out of the light support brace and my ankle isn't hurting at all doing everyday stuff or long walks, so this is good!

Untamed Strength
    Conventional Deadlift - 3x8 145lbs (warm up 95/95/125)
    Front Squat - 3x8 65lbs - these kinda sucked as I lost a lot of my wrist flexibility to do these. More wrist/arm stretches!
    Planks
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Good news on the ankle!
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tonight's session
    Deadlift 1x10 50,60,65 kg
    Front squat 1x15 30,3x15 32.5kg good depth bum touching bench
    Bench 1x5 30,3x5 32.5,35, 2x3 37.5 kg shoulder/chest sore from flyes on Wednesday
    Db bench 3x15 10kg
    Incline db bench 3x15 10kg
    Oh press 3x5 20kg
    Db bicep curls 3x15 10kg
    Single arm row 3x15 12 kg
    Lat pulldown 3x15 33+
    Triceps pushdown 3x15 10+kg
    Leg extensions 3x15 12.5kg
    Hammy curl 3x15 12.5 kg

Struggling with reps to 15 wouldn't be so bad if I was starting to see a change in body shape.
    Going to have a bowl of ice cream after dinner. Really would love a wine but would give me reflux at moment :'(
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Went to gym after work to check it out at my usual time and I had skipped cardio on Tuesday. Can see why I don't normally do cardio after lower body days. My legs are feeling it. Freight day plus hour run on the treadmill. Gym was empty the whole time.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squat-3X7X 25
    Kettle bell swing-22X 10 X 25

I was a little frustrated today when I weighed myself and gained 1.4 pounds. So, I increased my kettle bell swing by one rep. I also took my measurements and found that I lost 1 inch in my waist. That made me feel better!
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    One inch! That more than makes up for 1.4 lbs :smile:
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Untamed Strength

OHP 3x8 65lbs - These went pretty well, but I don't think I could of done another set at this weight!
    Pull up negatives
    Kettle Bell swings 3x15 35lbs - tried these out as conditioning as I didn't feel like doing farmer walks. They were okay.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    accidentally benched 70 at trainer day. in fact, first set was 75, because i THOUGHT i was upping it from my 'legal' weight to 70 when trainer guy was looking elsewhere. but one set of that was enough.

after that i thought i was backing off to 67.5. but i can't math with trainer-guy's plates because they all look the same. i ended up being over what he'd set for me anyway. either way, 75 was okay for 1 set and 70 was that just-right kind of heavy for the next two. and imo that's not bad for someone who only benches every other week when her trainer makes her.

squats on the other hand totally, utterly, thoroughly, HOPELESSLY sucked. i can't even express it. don't wanna talk about it either. however, trainer and i both decided i ought to quit trying since i can't get my quads out of it and every attempt simply widens the gap. instead he gave me a special kind of deadlift to do volume reps with - like a roumanian but with the bar really tight to the thighs the whole time. he said when i get it figured out so that it actually stretches and loads the hamstrings, it'll beat the crap out of them. which is fine with me because that's about what i feel like doing to them by this point.

it's so frustrating. i KNOW the strength's there. i can grab my own legs and feel these monster muscles just lolling around in there under the fat. i just can't get them to get with the game anymore.