ABC show "My Diet Is Better Than Your Diet"

Options

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Anyone else watch it last night? I'm totally hooked now. I like it a lot better than BL because they are incorporating working with people in their real life. I guess they are going to go trainer free in the next episodes.

(Spoiler alert below)

The players are:

Nutrient Timing - Rob and La'Tisha. Plan is 4 meals spread out over the day. Trainer suggested magnesium, vitamin D to help calcium absorb. I like this new trainer over clean Momma. La'Tisha is much happier too!

Superfood Swap - Dawn and Jasmine - I think she is the smallest contestant and has won several of the physical challenges. (no surprise). She has a great attitude.

Wildfood - Able and Kurt(47 years old and the oldest contestant) - He's doing great and losing weight like crazy but doesn't know how - Keto baby! His diet is Low sugar, low starch, low carb, fresh organic. (Yup, my favorite team)

Strong, safe and Sexy Plan - Jennifer and Taj - Gluten free plan. She's going through a divorce and dropped out of one of the challenges. Not really clear she will keep her trainer.
    She told her contestant she can drink tequila, potato vodka, and rum, but with no straws, so you won't drink it as fast. LOL.

The No Diet plan - Jeff and Jay - This is another team I'm not sure is going to make it.

There were a couple of interesting suggestions that you don't hear on BL:
    - Shop the perimeter of the grocery store. The psychology of eye level shopping. Eye level is usually where the "bad" stuff is. Look higher and lower on the shelves. Hmmm.
    -Fat is grass fed meat is better than the Fat in grain feed animals.
    -Boiled sweet potatoes have a lot less carbs.

• vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this week yet but after reading this posts, I went and watched them all. I think Jasmine is doing do good because of her positive attitude and putting in the work. I cannot stand the other two girls, I think they want a quick fix without putting in the effort.

The crybaby has so much anger, I think thats a whole other issue. I am concerned about them running a half marathon especially those that really aren't training.

I am hooked snd I am definitely rooting for the Wild team! :-)
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Thanks for the reminder! I forgot it aired last night! I live in the boonies and don't get any reception so I have to watch it on the app and they don't release it till a week after it airs. I know what I'll be doing tonight!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Oh man. That was great. That woman was ca-ra-zyy! (Clean living mama)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Quit it. I only get to watch them on Youtube and I haven't finished ep 4 yet.
    I really like the Clean Living Mama, as a person, but she IS crazy. Just a tad. And Jay is bonkers. I get what he is trying to do, but you can eat on blue plates all you want. It's what you put on those plates, and not the color, that is actually important. SMH.

I agree the half-marathon is completely out of the reach of them all unless they are actually training. Hope there aren't any injuries or lasting ill-effects for them as a result of overtaxing themselves. $50,000 is a bit of money, but...not worth blowing joints over.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still betting on Kurt for the marathon because "fat burning" and endurance. Lol
    I really hope he keeps blown by them away!
    I bet there is some legal bullcrap that prevents them from using the word "ketones" on the show. Cuz I can't imagine that Able hasn't explained it to him.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Is this on Hulu? I might check it out when the kiddo goes to bed.

Edit: Yes it is. Time to check it out.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I tried to watch it, but the no diet guy made me want to punch the TV. :)

I'll follow the recap here.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Does it make me a bad sport that I was amused when the vegan coach was the first person fired? And the paleo guy is doing pretty awesome (even if not winning everything)?
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Omg, this sounds like a train wreck, and I can't wait to watch it. Secretly. Lol!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Does it make me a bad sport that I was amused when the vegan coach was the first person fired? And the paleo guy is doing pretty awesome (even if not winning everything)?

I have no idea why that contestant even chose that diet in the first place! She clearly is more into aggressive training. Her personality just wasn't even close to a good match for the vegan trainer.
    I love how Able has Kurt literally doing less strenuous exercise than anyone else seems to be doing. And on the most recent episode when someone only lost 1 lb, their trainers response was to exercise harder even though she said she didn't understand since the contestant had been working so hard... Facepalm!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I am on episode 3 tonight. I think there are 6 on hulu. I can't finish this tonight. Tomorrow, I might finish off the ones that are on there. So far, it's one of the "less bad" diet shows I have seen. It's pretty real with what people face on the various different diets.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options

Nope. Makes you normal. Haha. It was hilarious!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options

He gets better. You should watch it. Wait till his color therapy. ROFL
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    The Wild Diet Guy is Able James from Fat Burning Man. http://fatburningman.com/read/
    I love him! Was so excited to see he was on the show.

I love Abel James! I listen to his podcast weekly... he's had some really great guests in the past including Jimmy Moore, Michelle Tam (NomNomPaleo) and Chaz Branham (keto bodybuilder).

I started watching because I'm a huge fan of his, but I do find it hard to watch sometimes. Some of the trainers are straight up out of their minds.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I'd scream!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Does it make me a bad sport that I was amused when the vegan coach was the first person fired?

You weren't the only bad sport. I'm of course interested in the failure of everyone except Kurt and Abel.
    I'm worried about when he's going to plateau though. But I think the big guy is happy enough to stick with him.
  • baconslave
    Options

I'd scream!

It's straight up crazy. Made him go out to buy only blue plates to eat on. Made him sleep on purple sheets. Makes him wear red when exercising. Batty.

It's not the colors, it's the food, DUMMY.
    I get that he's trying to focus on the mental game. You can color the guy chartreuse and maroon, but if that doesn't translate into change in the kitchen game...it's all just insanity. I like painting my nails different colors and wore batman pajama pants during my last workout. That's not what got me where I am.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Does it make me a bad sport that I was amused when the vegan coach was the first person fired?

You weren't the only bad sport. I'm of course interested in the failure of everyone except Kurt and Abel.
    I'm worried about when he's going to plateau though. But I think the big guy is happy enough to stick with him.

That's what I"m hoping for, that he'll see that it's just a speed bump. Hopefully he has been told about it happening and not to stress it.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have been watching that. I wonder why they won't call it what it is.