ABC show "My Diet Is Better Than Your Diet"

Options

Replies

• Mongo5918
    Mongo5918 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's kind of scary that most of those trainers are allowed near people let alone advising them on weight loss and health. How many lives have they ruined so far and how many of their clients wound up giving up on ever losing weight.
    The Wild diet trainer is the only one of the trainers that seems to know what he is doing in my opinion.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Why I love this WOE...
    ahi3x96jcp48.jpg
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Have started watching it on ABC on demand. Yes, there are some flipping idiots for trainers (nutrition wise anyway!)On the show, but love Abel (of course! :wink: ). The dessert party was cool! I do want to punch the "no plan"guy, but the "mom's" whatever diet is ridiculous too! Will keep watching!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    dawlfin318 wrote: »
    I have been watching that. I wonder why they won't call it what it is.

I think it's because the trainers all have their own "branded" plan that they want to build an audience for. This show is a huge opportunity for them to market their diet programs and develop their own personal following. Plus "The Wild Diet" sounds catchier than the Keto diet :smile:
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    OMG I had to watch this show after reading all the posts! I appreciate that the blue plate guy wants to focus on the mind and hopes that the body will follow, I know I could use some emotional support with my eating habits, but this is a competition! You need to do more than sleep on purple sheets LOL. I think he wrote a blog post titled 20 Things to Help You Control Your Emotional Eating and decided to turn it into a "diet program". I think the Clean Mama annoys me the most though, she's just a bit of a drip. Wiping the floor with your foot is no better than eating off blue plates, IMO.

#TeamAbel
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    OMG I had to watch this show after reading all the posts! I appreciate that the blue plate guy wants to focus on the mind and hopes that the body will follow, I know I could use some emotional support with my eating habits, but this is a competition! You need to do more than sleep on purple sheets LOL. I think he wrote a blog post titled 20 Things to Help You Control Your Emotional Eating and decided to turn it into a "diet program". I think the Clean Mama annoys me the most though, she's just a bit of a drip. Wiping the floor with your foot is no better than eating off blue plates, IMO.

#TeamAbel

I think clean momma needs a color scheme makeover from No Diet guy to address her anger and control issues!

Anyone find No Diet plan to be funny since it's actually a diet plan? I mean he took him shopping and showed him what food to eat... So, sounds like a diet to me! Lol

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

#TeamAbel

I think clean momma needs a color scheme makeover from No Diet guy to address her anger and control issues!

Anyone find No Diet plan to be funny since it's actually a diet plan? I mean he took him shopping and showed him what food to eat... So, sounds like a diet to me! Lol

She definitely has anger issues! She's trying to play it off passively aggressively but it just comes off as mean.

"I want you to stay on plan, ok"
    "Ok"
    "Ok?"
    "Ok"
    (Mean glare) "ok?"

....wow. Issues!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    edited January 2016
    Options

LMAO Yes she does! I think she has serious hormonal problems, one minute she looks like she's going to explode and the next minute she looks like she's going to burst into tears. Maybe the color green brings that out in her LOL.

I'm really sad right now though, Taj just said, "Is Tuna a fish?" And this is the same person that couldn't identify an avocado when her vegan trainer showed it to her. I think some basic nutrition lessons need to be taught in school. People shouldn't be able to get that far in life without some basic food knowledge in a first world country.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I tried to watch it, but the no diet guy made me want to punch the TV. :)

I'll follow the recap here.

LOL! You punch, I'll kick.
  • daylitemag
    Options

LMAO Yes she does! I think she has serious hormonal problems, one minute she looks like she's going to explode and the next minute she looks like she's going to burst into tears. Maybe the color green brings that out in her LOL.

I'm really sad right now though, Taj just said, "Is Tuna a fish?" And this is the same person that couldn't identify an avocado when her vegan trainer showed it to her. I think some basic nutrition lessons need to be taught in school. People shouldn't be able to get that far in life without some basic food knowledge in a first world country.

Totally! I couldn't believe it when she said she'd never seen an avocado, and yet Mexican food is her fav. You may recall that she said, "Oh, that must be the green stuff!" I assume she meant Guacamole; and this woman is an EDUCATOR! I grieve for her students...and the future of our society as a whole.

I can't believe I've been hooked into this crap, but I am. Naturally, I'm rooting for Abel/Kurt. I have only seen episodes 1-4 and had to watch them "on demand," which meant I couldn't fast forward. It nearly killed me. I just want to skip through the garbage pseudo-advice and get to the weigh-ins. I don't totally hate the "super food" woman, but the rest of them are either useless or down-right dangerous (Abel aside).
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    daylitemag wrote: »

Totally! I couldn't believe it when she said she'd never seen an avocado, and yet Mexican food is her fav. You may recall that she said, "Oh, that must be the green stuff!" I assume she meant Guacamole; and this woman is an EDUCATOR! I grieve for her students...and the future of our society as a whole.

I can't believe I've been hooked into this crap, but I am. Naturally, I'm rooting for Abel/Kurt. I have only seen episodes 1-4 and had to watch them "on demand," which meant I couldn't fast forward. It nearly killed me. I just want to skip through the garbage pseudo-advice and get to the weigh-ins. I don't totally hate the "super food" woman, but the rest of them are either useless or down-right dangerous (Abel aside).

You gotta watch the garbage advice too so that you can see how differently Able and Kurt really look. It's subtle and I know that the mainstream isn't picking up on it, but whenever they show the others exercising, they are working hard and sweating their literal butts off! Kurts taking walks in the park and playing in the pool with his granddaughter! The only time he's broken a sweat is during their challenges. And he's done well and is a lot older than the others!

Go Kurt!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @daylitemag You can watch them on you tube and fast forward but think of all the ridiculous parts you wouldn't be able to laugh and/or fume at (using up emotional calories as you do :) )
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Have started watching it on ABC on demand. Yes, there are some flipping idiots for trainers (nutrition wise anyway!)On the show, but love Abel (of course! :wink: ). The dessert party was cool! I do want to punch the "no plan"guy, but the "mom's" whatever diet is ridiculous too! Will keep watching!

Thank you so much, I have been watching on youtube as I couldn't find it on my cable...
  • AshleyC1023
    Options

#TeamAbel

No joke about the floors. You know what else gets them clean and exerts energy? Using a industrial wet mop. THen again I don't have any carpet so I do the whole house and that is a workout! lol
  • daylitemag
    Options
    @reblazed I'm old. We don't watch Youtube. LOL! I'd like to say I'm kidding, but mostly I'm not.

@Sunny_Bunny_ due to it being "on demand" I literally can't fast forward through ANY of it. Even the parts when the re-hash the same thing they just said 30 seconds earlier. So, yeah, I'm shaking my head and watching the majority of it in disgust. Abel and Kurt are the only ones with half a chance of long term success.

I'd like to throw cLean Momma from the train (a reference of the over 40 crowd).
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    @reblazed I'm old. We don't watch Youtube. LOL! I'd like to say I'm kidding, but mostly I'm not.

@Sunny_Bunny_ due to it being "on demand" I literally can't fast forward through ANY of it. Even the parts when the re-hash the same thing they just said 30 seconds earlier. So, yeah, I'm shaking my head and watching the majority of it in disgust. Abel and Kurt are the only ones with half a chance of long term success.

I'd like to throw cLean Momma from the train (a reference of the over 40 crowd).

Love the reference!
  • AshleyC1023
    Options
    Some of us under 40 get it too...LARRY!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options

You gotta watch the garbage advice too so that you can see how differently Able and Kurt really look. It's subtle and I know that the mainstream isn't picking up on it, but whenever they show the others exercising, they are working hard and sweating their literal butts off! Kurts taking walks in the park and playing in the pool with his granddaughter! The only time he's broken a sweat is during their challenges. And he's done well and is a lot older than the others!

Go Kurt!

I absolutely love that he's the only grandparent on the show and winning! Well, at least last time I watched. I'm not caught up yet.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Another thing, ever notice that all the other shows on the ABC app have tons of commercials and this one doesn't? No sponsors? Hmm!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Some of us under 40 get it too...LARRY!

LOL!
    Word. I just turned 37.