Replies

• Futureme2017
    Futureme2017 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, think I'm getting the hang of it
  • CatRunna
    CatRunna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy and all the 12WBT gang. I'm Cath, in for my 4th round of 12WBT (glutton for punishment!) and doing the half marathon program. My diary is open for all to see - the good days and the bad! Looking forward to the extra support on MFP, it's a great way to keep each other honest and help pick up the pieces on the bad days... So to our good friends chocolate and wine (and for me it's peanut butter, I love it on anything), it's time to say goodbye, or in my case, probably when I'm allowed my treat meal. So thank you Kathy for setting up this group. Bring on 1st Feb, I'm so ready
  • fitness4nat
    fitness4nat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome CatRunna :) Cheers to achieving your goals.
  • Futureme2017
    Options
    CatRunna wrote: »
    Hi Kathy and all the 12WBT gang. I'm Cath, in for my 4th round of 12WBT (glutton for punishment!) and doing the half marathon program. My diary is open for all to see - the good days and the bad! Looking forward to the extra support on MFP, it's a great way to keep each other honest and help pick up the pieces on the bad days... So to our good friends chocolate and wine (and for me it's peanut butter, I love it on anything), it's time to say goodbye, or in my case, probably when I'm allowed my treat meal. So thank you Kathy for setting up this group. Bring on 1st Feb, I'm so ready

• Futureme2017
    Options
    Welcome Kath, how exciting signing up for the half marathon. Do you have a particular one in mind that you are aiming for?
  • Zara12WBT
    Zara12WBT Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Zara12wbt....GREAT JOB without chocolate for 2 weeks. You can do it.
    Fitdress40 wrote: »
    Zara12wbt I think your chocolate is my wine. It's all sugar I guess. You are doing really well. If you don't obsess about it it's amazing what you can avoid. I guess the great thing with MFP is you can factor small bits in. I'm not a big chocolate but struggle with salty, savoury ie chips and BBQ shapes. The kitchen makeover is helping. If it's not there I can't eat it.

Thanks guys :) and yeah Fitdress40 I think you're absolutely right in what your saying. It seems all of us seem to have a weakness for some sort of sugary snack. I guess this is the time we kick that weakness to the curb though! The kitchen makeover task has helped with that too. It's only preseason right now but I'm already starting to feel refreshed and I feel like I'm actually getting proper sleep these days. Got my meal plan today and everything there looks absolutely delicious! (Unlike some other food recipes on other programs). Bring on day 1!
  • CatRunna
    Options
    Fitdress40 wrote: »
    Welcome Kath, how exciting signing up for the half marathon. Do you have a particular one in mind that you are aiming for?

Yeah I am planning to register for the Great Ocean Road (Vic) event on 15 May. A run with a view. Should be good. Anyone else doing a running program?

• als03103
    als03103 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi !! I'm doing the 10K running program.. I've only just discovered that I love running.. My hubby and 3 of our kids do a Parkrun each Saturday but I'm wanting the push myself.. Figured if I can have 6 kids I can hopefully achieve this 10K !!! Plus I'm turning 40 at the end of March so that's another incentive ...
    Our first race is the Gold Coast marathon in July... :)
  • angiefitz84
    angiefitz84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! So great that you have formed this group, I think support is a huge part of success. I am starting my 3rd round of 12WBT on Monday, I'm excited and ready to go!
  • CatRunna
    Options
    als03103 wrote: »
    Hi !! I'm doing the 10K running program.. I've only just discovered that I love running.. My hubby and 3 of our kids do a Parkrun each Saturday but I'm wanting the push myself.. Figured if I can have 6 kids I can hopefully achieve this 10K !!! Plus I'm turning 40 at the end of March so that's another incentive ...
    Our first race is the Gold Coast marathon in July... :)
    That's great Als03103! You will definitely smash the 10k if you stick with the program. And you're right, 10k should be a piece of cake compared with having 6 kids lol! Nothing like the big 40 to spur on a big goal. I ran my first half marathon 2 years ago, 2 days before I turned 40. We actually watched the Gold Coast Marathon last July while we were holidaying there, and it's now on my list of races to run. Looks awesome! Good luck for this round of 12wbt :smile:
  • sharkette44
    sharkette44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ah ladies I wish I could have one defined weakness! I don't drink and I don't snack on one major thing to say I could pin point a particular good weakness! In general I normally eat fairly well but I think maybe my idea of healthly food maybe isn't as healthly as you think! I am hoping this will really educate me on the types of food to eat.
    I did my fitness test today and got 31! I managed to do my 1km in 7min 33 secs which considering I can't run and I ran at least 50% of it was well impressive for me! My stretch test was -1 but I have been told by my massage therapist that my hamstrings are over stretched as I have a tilt in my pelvis and he would prefer I didn't try to reach past my toes!!!
    Am looking at signing up to the spartan race that is happening at suncorp stadium 27th Feb. I will be dismal at it but it should be a good laugh and a bloody good challenge!
    Away this weekend for hubbys bday so last few days of rubbish to eat before we all kick off on Monday!
  • fitness4nat
    fitness4nat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sharkette44 - Cheers to aiming high! By setting goals and believing in them...AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN. Good on you for signing up for the spartan race. For all of you that run and do marathons...you are an inspiration to me. I need to add it to my bucket list :)...but first I want to challenge myself just to be able to do more than 9 push ups! Have fun celebrating your hubby's birthday and cheers to living a happy life.