Rock Your Resolution: January Challenge, Week 4 (1/22-1/28)

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    This week's progress report summary:
    regroup

Ended workplace diet which was making me feel out of control and very bad food habits were resurfacing. So back to keto. So relieved. Not sure what caused all the panic and hoopla, but I'll try to figure that out before I try again. I still think it would be worth trying to reboot my metsbolism, but need to work out the kinks first. I fell back into my keto woe instantaneously and without any hitches. I am so grateful for that.
    Activity levels remained the same, which is fine. I believe I would say I've gone from sedentary to lightly active over the last half year, or even somewhere just shy of active.
    Decluttering is going at a snail's pace, and I never really see how ADD affects my thinking more than when I try to organize my life. I would call it comical. But, I persist and persist, and that is where that stands.
    Overall, not a bad week, just not stellar. I'll take it!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Tuesday!

SW: May 2015 184: Jan 1. 150
    CW: 149.5
    GW for January: 5 pounds

Calories Goals: yes
    Carbs Goals: yes
    Exercise: No, but will do tonight

I didn't fast yesterday, but I did get back on track. Cooked a yummy duck breast for dinner. I need to buy that again. The skin was soo yummy. Just used a skillet and coconut oil, kerrygold butter, and some steak seasoning. I ate half for dinner and was going to eat the other half for lunch, but BF found it in the fridge and devoured it. LOL. Grass-fed organic beef tonight for dinner. Can't wait.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Tuesday!

CW: 149.5

Calories Goals: yes
    Carbs Goals: yes
    Exercise: No, but will do tonight

I didn't fast yesterday, but I did get back on track. Cooked a yummy duck breast for dinner. I need to buy that again. The skin was soo yummy. Just used a skillet and coconut oil, kerrygold butter, and some steak seasoning. I ate half for dinner and was going to eat the other half for lunch, but BF found it in the fridge and devoured it. LOL. Grass-fed organic beef tonight for dinner. Can't wait.

I've never had duck, but I'm getting pretty bored with the same old same old and have been considering it.... you may have just inspired me. :)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)
    Goal for the end of January: 136 lbs

Monday, Jan 25:
    [√] Write - Journaled :)
    [√] Hydrate: 81/67
    [√] Step goals: 5,246/5,000
    [√] Activity: Shopping, Grilling, Going outside to breathe.
    [√] Logging: Weigh-in (139.0 lbs), Macros C/F/P (2%(11g)/81%/17%)
    [√] Daily NSV: Getting better (again) about listening to my hunger. Of course, I think it's easier when I've got steak to gnaw than when I eat things that chew with less effort.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    JAN 26
    SW: 153.4
    CW: 132.8
    GW: 130ish

Cals: Under
    Carbs: Under
    Exercise: 10 min yoga
  • ashleybarcus
    ashleybarcus Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    22 y/o 5'7 Mommy of 1.
    First day keto SW:(1/ 6) 198
    Today CW:(1/26) 187
    GW:(by June/July) 160

4 liters of water a day.
    Under 1500 calories.
    Under 20g net carbs.
    macros: fat 65% protein 30% carbs 5%
    Exercise: Bikini Body Mommy 2.0( ) except I skip the rest days and go straight into the next workout week because I'm afraid I'll fall off track..
    Abstaining from alcohol til goal weight. Then I'll drink only on special occasions.

Side note: I've always loved coffee, but I could never handle it because it would trigger my anxiety real bad and also make me sick to my stomach. I've been extra tired lately, so I decided to try regular coffee with a tbsp of heavy whipping cream and it gives me great energy with no weird crash or jittery feeling. I even like the taste of it... weird. I'm blaming it on all the sugar I used to have in coffee(5-6 tsp + tons of creamer). Keto has improved my life so much in such a short span. So happy I found it :)
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    JAN 26

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 218.6
    GW for January: 220 (new) (was 224)
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)
    Goal for the end of January: 136 lbs

Monday, Jan 25:
    [√] Write - Journaled :)
    [√] Hydrate: 105/67
    [–] Step goals: 4,009/5,000
    [√] Activity: Shopping, Grilling, Going outside to breathe.
    [–] Logging: Didn't weigh, Macros C/F/P (5%(18g)/79%/16%)
    [√] Daily NSV: I am gaining a reputation among local coffee shops as "the kerrygold butter girl!"

• slimzandra
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wednesday

CW: ?

Calories Goals: No
    Carbs Goals: No
    Exercise: Yes, but I need to put in a bit more effort.

Yesterday, we had an amazing lunch catered by Blue Hill Restaurant. Dan Barber is a top chef based in NY, so I had to try everything. There was a beet steak, celery root, yogurt with granola, wheat ice cream and a broccoli potato pizza. The only meat was the 3 pepperoni on the pizza. Needless to say there were tons of carbs, but since it was from the veggies I'm going to give myself a pass. I didn't eat any bread, which I understand was fabulous. For dinner I had the grass-fed organic beef with garlic and mushrooms, a little onion for taste and cajun seasoning. So good but again more carbs than usual. I didn't weigh in today, just so I wouldn't see the potential damage. Very expensive food day!

@Mami1976D Glad to inspire. Duck isn't usually in my go to dinners, but I'm trying to explore new proteins and make this a fun process. It's motivating to plan something new, instead of the same old same old. Some things weren't such a success, like the liver, blood sausage, liverwurst, probably won't repeat, but the duck, lamb and bison were big hits!

@glossbones Activity: Shopping, Grilling, Going outside to breathe. - LOVE IT!

@ashleybarcus - Bikini Body momma is smoking hot! That's inspiration. Abstaining from alcohol til goal weight, has been on my list. I've fallen off a few times, but it makes a world of difference on the scale. (and how you feel generally.)
  • macchiatto
    Options
    SW: 153.4/150.6 for keto
    CW: 132.8
    GW: 130ish/24% body fat

Cals: 1275/1460
    Carbs: 21 net
    Exercise: YAYOG (strength)
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    JAN 27

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 219.8
    GW for January: 220 (new) (was 224)
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    1. Stay 30 net carbs most days, truly special occasions 50-70. Hit 100 with my bday dinner but no biggie.
    2. Hopefully lose ten pounds. Down 2 pounds this month. No loss this week. Dealt w/ TOM.
    3. Make exercise a major priority. I took some walks and shoveled snow.
    4. Decluttering my home. Not much progress here.
    5. Make an effort to be more social. Check! Dinner out with friends plus b-day celebration with family.
  • slimzandra
    Options
    Thursday

CW: ?

Calories Goals: Yes! Great success.
    Carbs Goals: Yes.
    Exercise: No.

Haven't weighed in for a couple of days. I'm trying to hold off for a week. The daily weighing was effecting my psyche. Almost made it to the gym. (sigh). This weekend is going to be very active. Hopefully, getting back to keto will be enough. That's going well. Can't believe it's Thursday already. I've got a big report due at work tomorrow, so back to the grind. Have a great day!
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    SW: 195
    Prior W: 189.8 (1/22)
    CW: 187.4 (1/28)
    GW: 160-165

Goal for 1/21-28: Sticking to 20-22 Net Carbs. Going to add in 1-2 running days and 1 class (yoga or Zumba).

I didn't get in a run during the time frame of this week, but I am planning a run FOR SURE on Friday. It's been much needed, and I should have done it yesterday while there was sunshine (I live in Oregon, so that's hit or miss sometimes). However, I did do 2 days of body weight exercises and my daily walking. I was hoping for a bigger loss for this week, but I will take the 7.6 pound drop from when I started.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    1/1 weigh-in: 174.8
    1/28 weigh-in: 174.4
    Down a measly 0.4 lb, but hey, it's better than going up, which I also did this month.

I'm doing pretty well on carbs, staying right around my goal (going over a bit sometimes but not by much). I hit my 8,000-step goal once or maybe twice in the past week. No additional exercise and no deliberate mindfulness, and I've only listened to my audiobook once or twice. But I did talk to my BFF and my dad this week. And I'm planning a trip to go "home" (to Massachusetts, where my parents and brother live) in two months, which has been several years in the making (it's been 4 years since I visited last). I'm eager to see how well I fit in the airplane seat. :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been updating. Been busy and the mood has been in the toilet.
    My scale is doing the kangaroo-on-crack business. I think I'm done with the fasting days at least this week. I just can't do them right now with the mood issues.

Mon 1/25:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: :+1:
    Carbs: :+1:
    Exercise: HIIT :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    7/7

Tues 1/26:
    Calories: :+1:
    Exercise: Kettlebells :+1:
    7/7

Wed :
    Calories: LOLOLOL! Nope.
    Exercise: Down and mentally exhausted. Took a rest day.
    5/7

Week1:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

Week2:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

Week 3:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

• macchiatto
    Options
    1/28
    Cals: under
    Carbs: 17gm net
    Exercise; Nope
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Feel a little out of control emotionally, but hanging on to keto for dear life. It's working for now and helping me settle as well. Keto seems to have become like a trusted friend. If I do what I'm supposed to, it responds like it should. Grateful for that.
    Don't really understand what is going on with my mind right now. no drama, no upsets...just feel really unsorted and a little needy. Guess the answer will surface given time. In the meanwhile, I have keto.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    1/25 - 1/28
    Calories: Under
    Carbs: Well under 20 net
    Water: always good
    Exercise: not so much; been sick for a few weeks.
    Weight: Steadily climbing over the past several months for no apparent reason.
    Mood: Super-frustrated but, I'm in this for the long haul.
  • fangirlish
    fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post progress last week, but here I am for week 4. Gained back 0.8 pounds these past two weeks, but I still ended the month with an overall loss of 4.6 pounds, which is double my goal of only 2 pounds. Did log in every day, but wasn't faithful about the meal details. It really does make a difference for me, if I get those recipes calculated so I know for sure the counts. Also, as work got busier, the exercise tapered off. But on the whole, it was a good start to the year and now am looking forward to February's challenge.