Hello, and my week one results of LCHF

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
Hi all.

My name is Chuck and I am 53 years old. Also happen to be diabetic. And have acid reflux.... so I looked around and came across the LCHF diet. I have done a lot of my own research and I talked to a cardiologist, and after all of that, I am here.

So, I started about a week ago. I have done a low carb diet before so I pretty much knew what to expect, but I never did it with high fat.

Well, this time the results have been amazing..... My blood sugar is down about 35 points... my acid reflux seems to have gone away. I have not needed a daily Prilosec in 3 days.

I "only" lost 3 pounds, but that is 100% fine because I was already dieting and likely had very little water to lose.

Finally, and this is huge for me - being a diabetic - I have cut the amount of times I need to pee from 15+ times a day down to about 6x a day, and I can sleep through the night for the first time in many years.

The "high fat" concept still bothers me for now, but if things keep getting better, I will qet used to it in no time at all.

Good luck to all of you folks, whatever your goals!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chuck! That's terrific news. I'm so happy for you formerly being a pre-diabetic myself. Also be sure to check out the main low carber forum group here in of MFP as it's got over 20 thousand LCHF members and is much more active that this particular group. Here's a link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

• motown13
    Options
    Thanks. I already applied about 2 hours ago. :)
  • pjwood1967
    pjwood1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Chuck I too am from MoTown but now live near Jacksonville Fl. I also did a lot of research and have spent alot of money on diets and pills, i also got weight loss surgery 20 years ago and gained it all back. it is really hard to let go of counting calories and eat alot of fat but it works, at least for me it does. you might have tp play with the numbers a bit i started at 10% carbs 20% protein and 70% fat and was getting no where changed it to 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat and i do not set a calorie goal even though MFP sets one for me. i started about January 8 and have lost 10# and reached my first goal of getting under 200#. I too no longer have to take my prilosec either. If you find there is any food that you are really craving let me know because I probably have the recipe for an alternative. you can add me as a friend my profile is open.
  • motown13
    Options
    I am not from Motown. It is just a combination of my favorite music and favorite number. :smile:
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay for you @motown13!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Btw: if you begin to have any tummy pain, that's the prilosec! It has to be weaned down sometimes! Just wanted you to know! :smiley: