Intermittent Fasting

Options
dawlfin318
dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
Anyone know how to do this? Any good reading about it?

TIA,

Dawl

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Try youtube for Dr Jason Fung. Or look up the 5:2 diet. I think there is a book on 5:2

Good luck!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I thought IF had been added to the Launch Pad, but I don't see it.....
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    another way to do it is by following wild diet promoted by Abel James.

8pm dinner
    morning fatty (bulletproof) coffee
    afternoon green smoothie
    8 pm dinner

Google fat burning man by Abel James
  • dawlfin318
    Options
    Thanks
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I do the overnight route.

7am Bulletproof

1pm starts a 6hr eating window till eating high fat no carbs usual LC foods

7pm bulletproof
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I have naturally evolved to a one meal per day eating plan. This was not intentional, although I love to fast. I found that eating keto keeps me feeling satisfied, so I first gave up eating lunch, then switched to BPC for breakfast and skipped eating breakfast, then gradually switched to black coffee for breakfast and throughout the morning. My one meal at supper is very satiating. I simply do not usually have the desire to eat until supper now. So I guess I have an over 23 hour fasting period every day.

I also like to do extended fasts of 48-72 hours at least once per week. I might have two shorter fasts or one longer one, depending on my schedule and how I feel.

This has given me much greater control over what I eat, and I enjoy the benefits as well. Increased mental clarity, elevated mood and amazing energy while fasting. I seldom feel hungry.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I think there are many different fasts. Personally, I like the 16/8 model where you fast for 16 hours and eat for 8. That sounds fancy, but all it really means, at least for me, is skipping breakfast a couple times each week. LOL

Agree with @dasher602014 highly recommend watching Dr Fung on YT. His videos are great and very informative.
  • dawlfin318
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I find when I accidently do not eat after 5 PM I sometimes will lose a few ounces .
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/
    These series of blogs are informative. They are buy Dr.Fung.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    There's a group started by @DittoDan called ketogenic diet and water fasting that's helpful.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I don't really think you are fasting if you are drinking BPC or other fatty drinks between meals...I just started learning about this, but most things which I've read only allow about 50 calories during the fast in order to stay in fasted state. Please continue to do your research. I am SOO not against BPC/Buttered Tea, but if you are truly looking to fast, you shouldn't drink that many calories during your fasting window. Good luck!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I have naturally evolved to a one meal per day eating plan. This was not intentional, although I love to fast. I found that eating keto keeps me feeling satisfied, so I first gave up eating lunch, then switched to BPC for breakfast and skipped eating breakfast, then gradually switched to black coffee for breakfast and throughout the morning. My one meal at supper is very satiating. I simply do not usually have the desire to eat until supper now. So I guess I have an over 23 hour fasting period every day.

I also like to do extended fasts of 48-72 hours at least once per week. I might have two shorter fasts or one longer one, depending on my schedule and how I feel.

This has given me much greater control over what I eat, and I enjoy the benefits as well. Increased mental clarity, elevated mood and amazing energy while fasting. I seldom feel hungry.

Got to ask, what is in that one meal? Typically??
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    I eat a variety of foods. Usually meat or eggs or both. Very few vegetables, mainly as garnish, maybe one serving per day. My supper could be burger patties with cheese, mayo, mustard etc. The other day I ate 3 small burgers, enough to fill me up. I made one of the patties into a mini pizza with pepperoni and mozzarella. Supper could be Thai chicken curry with coconut milk and a few token veggies. Supper is often a plate of roasted meat of any kind. Yesterday was a bowl of 190 g of ground beef and pork, with a wee bit of black bean noodles, homemade tomato sauce and cheese, very fatty and full of protein and filling. My meal sometimes is well planned out, or it could be bacon and 3-4 eggs. I made beef stroganoff a couple of weeks back.

I tend to love to fast, so I will plan a special meal that I am craving and make enough for the kids to eat for a couple of days, I'll get my fill then just not eat for a couple of days. This is so simple and easy and takes meal prep worries away. I don't even really worry about what I'm going to eat. I'm not constantly thinking of food. I just eat my one big meal, that might not even be a large quantity but it is so full of fat that it is filling, then I know I don't have to eat again for 23-24 hours, or more. I really like this woe. I even have a wee bit of chocolate dipped in whipped cream and I am happy.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @Kitnthecat your Thai curry photo got me craving some a few weeks back, but coconut milk is a bit too carby for me as I get carbs from other sources throughout the day and can't give 'em up. I just found coconut cream though, which I'm so excited to try in a curry tomorrow night! It has less carbs :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Oh that one was so yummy! The coconut milk really fills me up. I'll have to make it with shrimp next.

The other thing we'll have to make is coconut milk chocolate pudding with cocoa and egg yolks, with whipped cream on top... That'll be for Valentine's Day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    I don't really think you are fasting if you are drinking BPC or other fatty drinks between meals...I just started learning about this, but most things which I've read only allow about 50 calories during the fast in order to stay in fasted state. Please continue to do your research. I am SOO not against BPC/Buttered Tea, but if you are truly looking to fast, you shouldn't drink that many calories during your fasting window. Good luck!

Yep, that's exactly what I've read too..

• crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »

The other thing we'll have to make is coconut milk chocolate pudding with cocoa and egg yolks, with whipped cream on top... That'll be for Valentine's Day.

Sounds great! I would love the recipe!!
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Yikes, anyone who asks me for a recipe is going to be disappointed. We just wing it and cook by intuition in my house. My daughter makes it, and she heats the mixture up on top of the stove. Coconut milk, cocoa, xylitol or stevia to your liking, egg yolks, heating while whisking, then adding chopped unsweetened chocolate for good measure, stirring to combine. The eggs thicken the pudding. Pour into small bowls and chill.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options