Getting to know everyone!

Options
2dogzrule
2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
Welcome to the group and thank you for joining! This is a great spot to meet everyone! Tell me a little bit about yourself, what kind of programs/workouts you are doing, what's working for you, what's not, etc. I'll kick us off!

I'm Holly. I have been dieting on and off for several years. I have been on E Diets, MFP and most recently the 21 Day Fix. I feel like my dieting has been a roller-coaster at times and I am constantly losing and gaining and losing again. I went through a divorce last year and gained 30 pounds!! I leaned to the 21 Day Fix and the program has been great for me from a consistency and habit standpoint, plus the accountability that my team provides has been awesome. I did 2 rounds of the 21 Day Fix and just started the Extreme - 18 pounds of the 30 are gone! I struggle with a love of wine and cheesy comfort foods and I don't always feel like exercising! : )

In my spare time, I love spending time with family/pets, going to concerts, antiques/yard sales and outdoor activities.

Replies

• tmtatum01
    tmtatum01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My name is Tracie. I just started the 21 day fix. This is the 1st program I have ever tried. It's the only one I ever saw which teaches portion control. In a supersize world it's about time they created a plan that allows you the freedom to choose what you want to eat, when you want to eat it and in the right portions. All the other plans tell you what to eat and it is usually foods my kids call weird. So this is a nice change. I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet but hopefully you will be able to help.
  • tmtatum01
    tmtatum01 Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The plan says I should be eating 1400 calories per day but myfitnesspal automatically defaults to 1200 calories per day. How do I change it?
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    Happy to help! Did you get my message back about fixing the calories?

Let me know what some of your challenges are. The containers are a little overwhelming at first - it took me about 2 rounds before I stopped writing everything down and committed the containers to memory. I like using MFP to track nutrients so I can see salt, fat, etc.

How do you like the exercises so far?
  • MittenKitten1219
    MittenKitten1219 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi there, everyone!
    My name is Tiffany and it's nice to "meet" you all ;)
    I'm starting 21 day fix on Monday and was looking for some support ~ so thanks for hosting this group! I've had real success int he past with MFP but I know I do better when I eat better things ... and I like my outcomes better when I'm exercising, not to mention that they show up faster!
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    Welcome and your welcome Tiffany, I am glad to help! You will do awesome on 21 Day Fix!
  • soummer
    soummer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm soummer, 53 and about 130 pounds overweight.

I started last week as sort of a dry run, to see how it all works, and am starting for serious today. I am also learning to belly dance :) and have a gently used membership to planet fitness.

I am getting married in April, which is soon! I do not expect any unreasonable results in that short time, but I am hoping to just to the point where I can survive the honeymoon!
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! My name is Betsy. I just received the 21 Day Fix program in the mail and plan to start this weekend. I started reading over the materials and became a little overwhelmed so I'm going to give it another read tonight. I've been using MFP for about 4 years now and I find it very helpful in tracking what I eat and being held accountable. I am very active at my gym with things like Zumba, spin, cardio kickboxing, some high intensity interval training and core workouts. In the last 2-3 years I have incorporated running, starting out with some really fun 5K races and then did my first 1/2 marathon in 2013. I'm doing another 1/2 marathon in April. I'm not a runner by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, sometimes I don't like to run. I do it to push myself and to prove that I "can" do it.

Recently, I've been gaining weight and I'm really upset with myself...frustrated as all get out because I know how hard I workout and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. When I look back on my food diary I noticed I wasn't eating enough, and, sometimes not making the best food choices. So, I've upped my calorie intake and started to make better food choices. I haven't seen any change yet in my weight, but, I'm going to stick with it to see how I do. I'm excited to start 21DayFix, I'm just really bad at coming up with the right food combinations :-). Thank you for hosting this group!
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    Welcome Soummer and Betsy!

Soummer, if you are following to a T, I believe you will have results that will surprise you by your wedding. (Congrats on getting married!) Plus, you are taking part in other forms of exercise, which is great!

Betsy, I totally understand being overwhelmed. When I opened my first package I was so confused! You will get used to it soon, but in the meantime, if you need copies of the templates to track your food, I can send you some of those. It helps to write down at first. You get a lot of exercise in already, which is great and will help your body adjust to the workouts. Running is tough, bless you for that!

I'll get some recipes up over the weekend and for any food questions you have, just shoot me a message!
  • soummer
    Options
    Hi Betsy, and thanks Holly :)

Any advice on how to use MFP with 21 day? I feel like now that im on here, i should be counting calories... which is kinda the opposite of 21 day.
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    I adjusted my calories to be exactly what 21 Day Fix has them at and I still track just to keep track of nutrients. I feel like it's good to keep a beat on things like sodium and fat.
  • soummer
    Options
    Yeah, that's what i'm trying to do. I had just started the Fix when my doc wanted me to start here and count calories. I think i'm pouting about him interfering with my Fix :(

The Fix has me at 2300, he wants me at 1900. What i've done so far was knock off a Purple and a teaspoon. I think i need to kill something else, but not sure what.
  • pbgrenier
    pbgrenier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm britni! I've done 21day fix before and had great results but got a little sloppy over the holidays and having a tough time getting back on track! Sweets are my downfall and lack of self control. Looking/hoping for some help with accountability to avoid those sweets! Going to start the plan back up tomorrow. have 10lbs I'd like to lose and keep off! I already work out regularly either running, elliptical, t25 (like to do more of that for toning up!) I'd also like to teach my kids better eating habits through watching me, their little (2 & 4yo) so I have control over their food now but I know they watch everything!

Thanks for this group and hope I can also help others to stay motivated! This plan does work if u stick to it! I was surprised with how quick the results came when I first did it over the summer! Good luck ladies! And healthy eating!
  • 2dogzrule
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Soummer, you might try cutting a carb.

Welcome Britni! I love your enthusiasm! The plan absolutely does work. I took two weeks on the holidays and got sloppy as well, but it's a new year and a new us, right! The system is great for teaching your kids! Shakeology tends to work like dessert for me, especially the new café latte one! Berries and yogurt are a good sweet curb also.
  • soummer
    Options
    Holly, at first i thought cutting a carb would be more than i could stand, but as it turns out, i can live without it. i'm actually having trouble eating every thing anyway!
  • DDsMrs
    Options
    Morning guys! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I'm doing the same thing Holly is with MFP/21DayFix and adjusting my calories to what 21DayFix(21DF) suggests. Today is my first day on 21DF. :-)
  • kelseyvstewart
    kelseyvstewart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm Kelsey and I am on day 1 of the 21day fix. I've always had an insane sweet tooth and it is hard to get away from that. That, and wine. I love my red wine!! These are my vices that I am trying really hard to kick! I hope I can do it.

I wanted to start off with the 3 day fix as a sort of "boost/detox" to kickstart this 3 week* journey (and then many more after that!!) . Any ideas on this or the effects of starting with it? Has anyone had experience with the 3 day fix?

Today I did the Dirty 30 workout. It flies by, but those 30 minutes are TOUGH! I broke a sweat and it was fun. I dislike exercising and am hoping that I can build a good habit by the time these 3 weeks are over.

I am 5'2, 157 lbs and am trying to lean out get in the best shape that I can! I am getting married at the end of October and really want to be confident when walking down that aisle in my strapless dress!

*Side note: I am leaving for a trip to Espana on the 9th - 15th of February. I know I won't be able to be getting all of the containers in, but hopefully will have the strength to stay away from all of that bread and CHURROS, (yes, they are amazing. And terrible for you.) I will have my laptop with me and will be able to do my workouts (hooray!).

Good luck everyone!
  • 2dogzrule
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Betsy and Kelsey, hope your first day has been a success!

Kelsey, if this is your first day and you haven't dieted recently, you might want to do the 3 day refresh just before or after your vacation to give your body a chance to get used to clean eating. I haven't done the refresh but I know a ton of people who have been successful with it.

Dirty 30 slowly became one of my favorites! The good news is the 1/2 hour goes by very fast! As for sweets, try to go to things like fruit and if you are using Shakeology that will help! Like you, I love my wine and I am doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme, so no wine allowed. I have hit day 8 and I haven't caved! As Autumn says, we can do anything for 21 days!

Don't sweat your trip too much and enjoy! We are all human, it's just important to get back on the bandwagon when you are back from vacation. You have lots of time till October and you will do great!
  • mener6896
    mener6896 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I just found this group, and I am on Day 2 of my 21 day fix. I do have a question. How do you track your fix workouts that they are accurate? I did the upper body today (with some modifiers) and not sure how to track.

Anyway, a little about myself. I am a 44 year old mother of 2 teen boys, married 20 years. I was diagnosed 10 years ago with fibromyalgia, so I spent a lot of time inactive and in bed, on many meds. 2 years ago, I wanted to control this a more natural way, started supplements, off all 6 medications, and just now trying to get control of diet and exercise. I have to listen to my body a little closer, but I know God can heal all!! This is the year of ME getting into my best shape, but I have a long way to go (60 lbs). Just praying that I can finally finish something I start!!
  • DDsMrs
    Options
    Thanks Holly! Nearing the end of day 2 and I'm hanging in there. My work schedule is crazy and I think I'm doing okay so far trying to get in everything, well, almost everything. Dunkin Donuts iced coffee and I have had a VERY personal relationship for about 4 months. Two days without an iced coffee...taking one day at a time, LOL!

Hope everybody is doing well!
  • AbbyH1016
    AbbyH1016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Abby. I work per diem and am mostly a stay at home mom. My goal is to lose 30-40lbs. I am on day 9 of 21 day fix. I did complete one round last year but fell off the workout wagon. I am hoping to lose the weight by August. I definitely feel better eating non processed food and have more energy. I am trying my best to stay away from sweets and coffee. Prior to this I was drinking roughly 5 cups a day and now drinking water. So far I am down 4 lbs, assuming it is water weight. Good luck everyone! :)