Fitbit Calorie Adjustment wrong

Options

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I was kind of hoping it would retroactively adjust, but maybe it is just on a go forward basis.

You can kind of force it to retroactively adjust the past few days by inputting a 1-calorie 1-minute cardio exercise manually on those days. Then, the Fitbit adjustment should recalculate, and then you can delete the 1-calorie adjustment.

This doesn't always work. But it's worth a try.

Not seeing a change yet. Was there a delay between input and adjustment?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    No, for me it happened pretty much immediately. But it seems to be finnicky.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    I just see a -3 cals exercise adjustment reflective of the 1 min cardio.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    I just see a -3 cals exercise adjustment reflective of the 1 min cardio.

Yeah that didn't work for me either. What I ended up doing was figuring out how far off my MFP cals burned was for the last few days and did a manual exercise adjustment to add that back in.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    Tonight, my extra calories changed from 299 after I logged my dinner to 9 when I went back in to approve my food diary. Crazy!
  • adamcfc94
    adamcfc94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    adamcfc94 wrote: »
    Following this topic as I am having the same problems with varying MFP calories when they should be constant. May be stupid, however I cant find 'more' on the iphone app? I have a charge HR, and the current workaround from you guys seems to be:

"What has fixed it for me through several syncs was the suggestion above to go to the app (I'm on iPhone), More, Steps and select Fitbit. Previously I had "Don't track steps" selected."

However like I said, I cant find the 'more' part in the menu?

At the bottom right of the app. (Home is bottom left.)

There we go, I knew it was something simple! New to this forum and MFP/fitbit tracking, but I was looking for the 'more' menu on the fitbit app :| as I dont use the MFP app.

Just changed the steps on the MFP website, and gone back and added a 1 calorie 1 minute exersize and everything is now as it should be. Big thank you to everyone who has contributed to finding a fix!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Bless you people... I have been so frustrated for the last week about this ridiculous "now you see them, now you don't " for the calorie adjustmention on my FinessPal. Have tried your fix....fingers crossed.
  • WilsonFilson
    WilsonFilson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just checking back in. The fix seems to have worked for me. Continued correct all day yesterday and still today. No more finicky adjustments.
  • Noot30
    Noot30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just changed mine. Fingers crossed, thanks for pointing the change out.
  • segacs
    Options
    I'm rather dismayed at the continued silence from the support team on this issue. They should at least acknowledge the bug, and suggest the possible workaround until such time as they implement a fix.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    I'm rather dismayed at the continued silence from the support team on this issue. They should at least acknowledge the bug, and suggest the possible workaround until such time as they implement a fix.

Agreed. A stickied announcement with possible workarounds would be helpful. Are any other activity trackers having issues?
  • segacs
    Options
    Finally, an acknowledgment that there's a problem, at least: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2315186-fitbit---mfp-s-total-daily-energy-expenditure-calculation-incorrect

No fix yet, but at least after more than 6 weeks they're admitting there's a problem. That's worth something, right?
  • MrAstro
    MrAstro Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I also tried the fix mentioned here regarding fitbit steps in the IOS app.

It does seem to work now after a day.

The big question is why did it ever go wrong in the first place requiring me to tick that box in the IOS app. It worked fine for months without this issue.

Someone at MFP has fiddled with something or unticked a parameter on everyone's profiles.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    The fix mentioned in prior posts seems to have resolved this issue for me as well. I made all of the changes yesterday, and things remain correct today.

I did not make the change in the app, however. I changed the setting on the website. (Apps--->Steps, then select Fitbit Tracker). I did check, and the changed setting shows up on the app as well, so I don't think it matters where you make the change. The original setting was Don't track steps.

I also went back and fixed the past couple of weeks in my exercise diary by logging in a cardio exercise, which caused things to be recalculated using the appropriate numbers. I am relieved to have this issue resolved with such a simple fix.

TY!!!! I have a Windows Phone, and none of the phone app suggestions applied to me. I do have a version of MFP, but it does not have that setting. I had simply given up on this issue and was just logging food here and making note of my Fitbit burn.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    None of the workarounds seem to do the trick for me. *beyond annoyed*
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    new issues arising tonight! my mobile app shows a different amount for calories consumed then my desk top version. The missing butter on my bagel at lunch is the culprit, I have synced but the mobile app just dosnt want to keep the entry
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    The fix mentioned in prior posts seems to have resolved this issue for me as well. I made all of the changes yesterday, and things remain correct today.

I did not make the change in the app, however. I changed the setting on the website. (Apps--->Steps, then select Fitbit Tracker). I did check, and the changed setting shows up on the app as well, so I don't think it matters where you make the change. The original setting was Don't track steps.

I also went back and fixed the past couple of weeks in my exercise diary by logging in a cardio exercise, which caused things to be recalculated using the appropriate numbers. I am relieved to have this issue resolved with such a simple fix.

Interesting - I don't use the app and uninstalled after their last update was sending me alerts about how many days people had logged in (and that was only alert) - my setting on web account was already correctly set as Fitbit Tracker.
    I guess that's why I haven't experienced these issues.

That is really sad the way they are addressing this and other bugs.

With workaround - they don't need to figure out immediately why it happens to screw things up with it though it seems it shouldn't touch those figures anyway.
    They can figure out their spaghetti code later - they now have means to cause the issue though by putting setting wrong to make that easier.
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is the same issue or I'm just not understanding how it works, but my UA calories burned in MFP is completely off from what my fitbit app shows. Yesterday for example it says my estimated brun from UA was like 3200 but in fitbit my end of day was 2500. I had about 250 cals of nonstep activity logged in mfp, but even that wouldn't make up for the difference. It's been like that at least the last few days too. By the time I sync the morning after shouldn't those #s match?
  • davp70
    davp70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    With workaround - they don't need to figure out immediately why it happens to screw things up with it though it seems it shouldn't touch those figures anyway.

As someone who does use the app, I would like to see it fixed asap - not by some unintuitive workaround. It shouldn't be broken, and I should be able to trust the headline figures the app tells me - well at least trust that MFP hasn't randomly applied some spurious adjustment.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    davp70 wrote: »
    heybales wrote: »

As someone who does use the app, I would like to see it fixed asap - not by some unintuitive workaround. It shouldn't be broken, and I should be able to trust the headline figures the app tells me - well at least trust that MFP hasn't randomly applied some spurious adjustment.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon for those of you that rely on the numbers. If not, Fitbit has their own calorie tracking feature that you can use.