Low cal, low carb, breakfast omelet/Less than 200 calories

Options

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I'd rather eat a Tbsp of butter all on it's own than bother to make a salad which would not fill me up or an apple which has too much sugar for my liking, and baked goods are out of the question.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Fit_Goat most women and many men would be obese if they ate the way you do. You are obviously blessed with a very high metabolism.

Eating the way @FIT_Goat does is what is curing my PCOS, insulin resistance, elevated insulin, and inability to lose weight.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Also: everyone should remember that this group is for all low carbers. We are here for vegans to carnivores. We are here for high fat and even low fat (yes, low carb / low fat is unsustainable long term but we are here for those doing it... usually under doctor direction). We are here for those who want no animal fats and those (like myself) who want exclusively animal fats.

We don't have to agree. But, everyone has their place here. I will argue my position, as I am wont to do, but even if no one ever changes their minds in anyway... They are still a welcome member of this group.

A nice thing about being here is that we can disagree but still recognize that the other members are our brothers and sisters on this journey, even if they are on a slightly different path.
  • VirtualMaddy
    VirtualMaddy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat a diet similar to fit goat, and not because I choose to believe butter and cheese are healthy. I was a vegan for many years and would prefer to not eat animal products if I could. I gain weight when not eating LCHF and become less healthy with that way of eating. It is my experience that this is healthier for me, that's why I believe it. It's not for everyone, so we all need to find what works for us.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I disagree. I'd rather eat a Tbsp of butter all on it's own than bother to make a salad which would not fill me up or an apple which has too much sugar for my liking, and baked goods are out of the question.

Same. Salad with little or no fat makes me sick before it fills me up. I need at least some good fats, like cheese and olives and meat, for it to not do that. I've been known to take a tablespoon of so of butter to quell hunger, too. :)
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Clearly we all have our preferences. But if you don't work the tablespoon of butter into your daily caloric requirements, you will not lose weight. It is not a free food. And Fit_Goat, with all due respect, my body never adjusted to Atkins. After the initial water loss from cutting carbs, I gained weight on it. So unless you are planning on buying the folks you encourage to go on this plan, new larger sized wardrobes at the end of their high/calorie low carb dieting journey, I really do suggest that you encourage a more realistic and reasonable way of eating. BTW, anyone can say anything online. The proof is in the pudding.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hi Q. Welcome to the group. My LCHF woe consists of 5% carbs, 20% protein, and 75% fat, which is sort of like @Fit_Goat too. I've been at this level for almost a year and haven't felt better in my life!. I was a size 20/22, and am now a 12/14. It's great that you've found your way to our wonderfully supportive group! :smiley:
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    One final work before I head out to the gym, I am not fundamentally opposed to butter if it provides comfort and solace to the folks who use it. However, I do believe that it is a high calorie food choice that could sabotage the caloric goals for many us. It is not a "free food" as Atkins would have us believe and it has virtually no health benefits. If you like it and are able to work it into your caloric goals, great. Most women would prefer something more solid such as a tossed salad with lemon juice, an apple, an egg, or even a fiber-one english muffin than a tablespoon of butter.

Honestly I don't believe your speak for "most women"

You may want to do some unbiased research to properly educate yourself on the 'evil butter' conspiracy you feel Atkins is forcing people in to.

Most of us in here don't follow Atkins to begin with that seems to be something you are assuming however.

Guess staying private didn't really solve any trolling issues.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Options
    I have posted links to some very credible unbiased research. Some people simply need to lash out. How very sad.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Who ever said butter was a "free food" wth is even going on here. Eat your yogurt margarine, be happy. But why are you railing against others who eat butter?
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I will continue to eat my butter,lose weight and be happy :):):)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,526 Member
    Options
    Who ever said butter was a "free food" wth is even going on here. Eat your yogurt margarine, be happy. But why are you railing against others who eat butter?

I was wondering that myself.

I am sad to see this thread at all. It reeks of ignorance and rabble rousing.

For me, who eats two meals per day plus coffee, a good breakfast can be 3 eggs scrambled in butter with a couple strips of bacon and if I am feeling like dirtying another pan, a good 4-6oz of spinach sautéed in bacon grease (which I keep in a jar in the fridge) with garlic and a splash of red wine vinegar.

Dinner tonight was 1.5 portions (out of 4) of a mix of 1lb 85/15 ground beef, 1/2 lb mushrooms, 2 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 64g (3 slices) of baby Swiss cheese and salt and bunches of black pepper. It was super delicious and ran me 624 calories. It will also keep me full, until mid-afternoon tomorrow.

Dinner last night was an 8oz NY strip steak, grilled medium rare, along with a good sized portion of broccoli roasted with olive oil. 600 calories at 5pm and it kept me full while I worked a 12hr night shift.

Don't have to eat fake food to lose weight.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Remember to keep it civil folks.
    :smile:
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Options
    I put the belligerent ones on ignore. This place is for support, not to argue the merits of butter.
  • auntstephie321
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes ma'am
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Clearly we all have our preferences. But if you don't work the tablespoon of butter into your daily caloric requirements, you will not lose weight. It is not a free food. And Fit_Goat, with all due respect, my body never adjusted to Atkins. After the initial water loss from cutting carbs, I gained weight on it. So unless you are planning on buying the folks you encourage to go on this plan, new larger sized wardrobes at the end of their high/calorie low carb dieting journey, I really do suggest that you encourage a more realistic and reasonable way of eating. BTW, anyone can say anything online. The proof is in the pudding.

I am a petite woman (by height, anyway). I have been eating a diet that is between 60 and 70% fat since October 3. I am down 36 lbs (more than halfway to my goal). The only new wardrobe I'll need at the end of my low carb/moderate protein diet is a much smaller one.

Eating a low carb/high fat diet works for many people because it naturally decreases the caloric intake. Many who have failed at calorie counting repeatedly find fat naturally satiating - and good at reducing cravings: Resolving two challenges for many people who count calories as a means of controlling consumption.

That's not why I'm eating this way - and this way of eating is more challenging for me than merely moderating my diet to lose weight is. But it allows me to keep all my fingers and toes (and the feeling therein), my eyesight, my kidneys, and my life. Because I have diabetes, shifting carb calories to protein calories does not make good sense. The only other option is to shift them to fat.

You may want to chill out a bit, do more listening, and less talking until you get your bearings. What you learn may well surprise you. And it might decrease the number of people you offend by trashing the ways of eating this forum is dedicated to, that have helped us maintain control of our health, manage our pain, and lose weight (just to name a few).
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Options
    I think it is great that you are losing weight and feeling good. But by your own admission you have cut calories as well. It is impossible for a woman with a 1200 hundred calorie goal to eat 1800 calories worth of meat, butter, and cheese and not get fatter. Sorry but that is reality.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I eat 1600 calories a day full of heavy whipping cream, butter , meat , almonds etc. etc. and I am losing weight just fine ...Its not impossible ....you just have your mind made up that butter is bad for you and that is fine but you seem to have its my way or the highway kinda attitude and you won't get much support from us when your attitude kinda stinks just saying
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,526 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think it is great that you are losing weight and feeling good. But by your own admission you have cut calories as well. It is impossible for a woman with a 1200 hundred calorie goal to eat 1800 calories worth of meat, butter, and cheese and not get fatter. Sorry but that is reality.

Retracted. Just so not worth it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No one is saying not to count calories or moderate your portion size.

You can't lose weight without a calorie deficit.
    And no one is arguing against that fact.
    Fact is, you can eat butter and still maintain a deficit if you do it right.
    It's better to choose saturated or monounsaturated fats. Polyunsaturated fats are much less healthy, can cause inflammation, and should be limited.
    I choose lower fat options sometimes, like half&half instead of heavy cream. Or almond milk. Of choose to not add extra fats if that is going to make my calories go too high. But I still eat plenty of saturated fat. Cheese, fatty cuts of meat, bacon grease, and coconut oil. And even butter.

I lost 100lb doing that. Eating high fat. Healthiest I've ever been.

EDIT: I'm keto, not Atkins, btw.
    Carbs to ketosis.
    Protein to height/LBM/activity level.
    Fat to fill the rest.
This discussion has been closed.