Snack time

Options
2»

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I keep wanting to try those, maybe the next time I run in for protein.
    I wonder if it's the protein, or the type of carbs/fiber that make them hard to process.
  • crogers9189
    crogers9189 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of recipes on Pinterest!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    One of the Keto groups I'm on turned me on to Arctic Zero brand ice cream. A half-cup serving has 35 cal, 3 g protein, and 5 g of net carbs. It tastes more like ice milk, but a few bites hit the craving. Not bad at all. I found it at Whole Foods and Lowes food
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If you like dark chocolate, there are some decent choices that I find very satiating. Endangered Species 88% = Full serving is 200 calories, 17 carbs, 6 fiber, 5 sugar, 4 protein. I like to alternate a small portion in small bites with roasted, salted almonds.

Cottage cheese mixed with a little sugar free Jell-O mix makes a yummy, high protein sweet treat.

Kind makes a couple of flavors that are 10g protein. Close to 200 calories but I can nibble on one for 30 minutes.

I also like to drink a strong cup of peppermint tea with some Atkins Dark Chocolate Royale as creamer...makes a reasonable facsimile of peppermint hot chocolate. Or I use it in decaf coffee for a mocha.

All that being said, remember to be mindful about your eating. Snacking can get you into trouble!

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    One of the Keto groups I'm on turned me on to Arctic Zero brand ice cream. A half-cup serving has 35 cal, 3 g protein, and 5 g of net carbs. It tastes more like ice milk, but a few bites hit the craving. Not bad at all. I found it at Whole Foods and Lowes food

I'd be careful with the Arctic Zero brand. There's been a lot of evidence that their calorie counts are way off, and they're fighting lawsuits over the issue.

• anbrdr
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »

I'd be careful with the Arctic Zero brand. There's been a lot of evidence that their calorie counts are way off, and they're fighting lawsuits over the issue.

Good to know!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Saw this and it made me smile

vudjwlkmzg5b.png
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes, snacking is such a slippery slope!

I found an alternative to cheese (that needs refrigerating): Parmesan Cheese Whisps. I pack them with almonds for snacks. They are so rich and crunchy! I only eat 1/4-1/2 serving.
    cellowhisps.com/