Wanted to comment on this

2»

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    We like to credit the Ketones, in some regard. A lot of us have actually found ourselves to be more level and such eating this way! Just getting away from the "hangries" help, too.

I am reading Richard Feinman's "The World Turned Upside Down" now, and in Chapter 11 found this:
    "It is worth noting how well having level blood sugar makes me feel. When my blood sugar goes over 200 mg/dl, I start to feel melodramatic and have an elevated emotional response to even minor difficulties."

This is so true of a lot of the people I know who struggle with weight loss!

http://www.amazon.com/World-Turned-Upside-Down-Low-Carbohydrate-ebook/dp/B00QZDORCI/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    I work in a call center - I have no faith in humanity - people suck.

You guys are okay though I guess. ;)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    I check my health challenge groups every few days, but this one daily. I love the shared scientific articles and supportive learning environment. Makes it so much easier to ride through a "plateau" and other issues. Hugs!!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    I am so glad I found this group. We are one big happy family and genuinely love and support each other. After I let the dogs out (at 3:00 am) I turn on the Keurig and the computer and can't wait to see what I missed since yesterday!!!
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    I agree. I really enjoy this group. I check the discussions daily so I can continue to build on my knowledge and experience with Keto. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful.
  • nzmegs
    nzmegs Posts: 15 Member
    I feel like i have worked my way through every low carb support forum there is and this is a pretty good one. Been low carbing for about 10 years and i have found that low carbers are the most level headed and not really as gung ho as they perhaps should be! its that laid back ketosis high that makes us so relaxed and damn cool.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    We are the happy ones, all well fed on proper food. Added advantages of hwc and strawberries, smiling all the way
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    You guys are so... not judge-y. Thank you.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited April 2017
    Bumping another Feinman post:
    camtosh wrote: »
    I am reading Richard Feinman's "The World Turned Upside Down" now, and in Chapter 11 found this:

"It is worth noting how well having level blood sugar makes me feel. When my blood sugar goes over 200 mg/dl, I start to feel melodramatic and have an elevated emotional response to even minor difficulties."

http://www.amazon.com/World-Turned-Upside-Down-Low-Carbohydrate-ebook/dp/B00QZDORCI//quote]
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Love this group too! I'm bummed when I'm too busy to check in daily. I always feel like I have to catch up on every thread that has new comments.....
  • WVWalkerFriend
    WVWalkerFriend Posts: 575 Member
    Agreed - totally love this group. I love that I can ask questions here that feel "wrong" anywhere else.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited April 2017
    RalfLott wrote: »

My DH, being type II diabetic had a glaringly obvious reaction to his sugar imbalance - he became physically aggressive. Not violent - he never hit me or injured me - but we had a few breakages round the house - and on 2 separate occasions, actually gripped me round the neck.

That's hard for me to admit, but I understood all along, it wasn't "him" - and he would be the first to admit the different incidents scared the bejeezus out of him too.....he got help.

Now? He's on the LCHF lifestyle, and you wouldn't believe the transformation. He's a different person, and so much more mellow and totally good-natured.

Proof positive of the above quotation.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited April 2017
    RalfLott wrote: »

My DH, being type II diabetic had a glaringly obvious reaction to his sugar imbalance - he became physically aggressive. Not violent - he never hit me or injured me - but we had a few breakages round the house - and on 2 separate occasions, actually gripped me round the neck.

That's hard for me to admit, but I understood all along, it wasn't "him" - and he would be the first to admit the different incidents scared the bejeezus out of him too.....he got help.

Now? He's on the LCHF lifestyle, and you wouldn't believe the transformation. He's a different person, and so much more mellow and totally good-natured.

Proof positive of the above quotation.

Whew. That's pretty compelling testimony! Glad he flipped the keto switch.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    This is group is O.K. I guess.....just kidding everyone is awesome and I am here everyday
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Yep this community is one of the very few sites that I visit on a daily basis. I'm aways learning something new here & the positive attitudes are great!!
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    <3:)