Like Minded Lushes - February 2016

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Exciting Amy! San Francisco is a great city.
    My son got notice last night he was accepted to his 1st choice grad school here in San Diego so of course there was wine to celebrate. More than I had planned on so I'm going for a 0 tonight.
    Happy weekend lushes! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Amy, congratulations on the job!!! That is awesome! I wish you nothing but joy and the best of luck!!!! I know how slow the system works so at least it will give you some time to get all your ducks in a row!!! :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Thanks all! Anything else you want to give me tips, advice, places to eat, places to live, sites to visit in the Bay Area, I am happy to hear suggestions!
    Last night I finished the bottle of wine, Mike helped, then opened another bottle but did not finish it!
  • kblue2007
    Syd, I am just seeing your post about your son....what a boy you guys have there...you must be so proud! Congrats to him!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Sydney- Great hearing about your son!
    Amy-Grats on the job!
    Kate- You are living in Hawaii so "Hooray!"
    Its 8am here Sat morning. See some blue sky out the window. May warm up to 60. Think I will go for a walk!
  • SoCalWoman
    Thanks Kate. We are incredibly proud. It's very nice to know he's set for the next 2 years and working toward his dreams. It'll be fun to watch!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Mon 0
    Tues 0
    Wed 0
    Thurs all you can eat Chinese meal and 4 beers
    Fri 1 beer, 1 whiskey and cola
    Sat 3 large glasses of wine but somehow managed to stop before I finished the bottle
    Sun finished the half a glass of wine left in the bottle
    And I've lost weight this week and am back to my goal weight. Trouble is I have less muscle and more body fat so the work is not over.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Okay what a week and a weekend. New sofa, loveseat and recliner delivered Wednesday. Had to move crap to have a place to put them. Then I had to clear out crap in the garage so that the furnace guy could get to the furnace to replace it and I had to clear out space in all the rooms so the duct cleaning guy could access the ducts. They arrived around 7:30 Saturday morning. Then our new TV was delivered around 2 in the afternoon. Then we installed the mounting bracket twice and when the Dish guy got there Sunday afternoon we finally have TV and it is hung on the wall. I am worn out. I did drink a lot of wine this weekend. Holly will be here today and is staying for the week thru next Sunday. I love having her here. Syd congrats on the first choice grad school. Amy congrats on the job. SF is a great place but then again so is Denver. Happy lushing to all!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Hey all. Sort of lushy weekend, sort of not. But got a lot done!

Mon - 0
    Tues - 2
    Wed - 4
    Thurs - 5
    Friday - friends came for Grey's. I was moderating well....had only had one cider by around 7:00 but then I pounded a bottle of wine and then got some gross box chard out of the basement and I don't know how much I drank. Probably another 3-4 glasses. Turned into a prune in the hot tub. Stayed up till nearly 3. Saturday I didn't feel terrible, but obviously was tired.
    Saturday - went to dinner, spent a ton of money. Had a cider before dinner, 3 glasses at dinner, and 2 after. Came home and didn't even take my makeup off I was so tired.
    Sunday - 0

I do not consider last week moderating. Only Friday did I really get "out of control", but I drank 3 week nights which I consider a fail. Here's to a new week! :drinker:

We did get our rooms totally switched, got new rugs, wall art, lamp, etc. I love it. We have so much more room and our new rug is so soft. Daphne was laying face down on it this morning while we were packing up getting ready for school. :)
  • SoCalWoman
    edited February 2016
    Yvonne congrats on the goal weight! Robin you were busy but how exciting to have new fun things! I'd love to do some things around the house. Ashley, you had me until the gross box chard...I would have woke up a mess :s
    I have small success (if I ever hit my goal weight I'll throw a huge party and invite you all)..I moderated and didn't erase my weekly progress. Had wine every day but only went through a little less than 2 bottles in 3 days. Exercised too. So I feel pretty good about it.
    Back to the pool today...working on that shoulder strength. It's 80 degree temps all week which makes me want to drink but I'm going to work on some 0's.
    Have a good week lushes!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Yesterday was national margarita day , so yah, I had one of those.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    I abstained for margarita day. Yay me.

Monday - 0

Let's see if I can get a streak going.....
  • SoCalWoman
    edited February 2016
    I abstained as well. 0 for me.
    Pool was closed yesterday so going to try again today
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Wow, I saw it was national margarita day and I poured tequila (Christmas present) into a Sprite (leftover from a party in October), but I didn't drink anymore that that, so that's a win, I suppose.
    I did have a margarita Friday (after a wine spritzer) and Saturday I had 4 beers, I think. I had a big glass of wine Sunday, to finish the bottle we opened Thursday...
    I think I should try the 7 drinks per week... maybe 0 tonight...
  • rjadams
    I had a few vodka's last night. We will see how things work out tonight. I am making a raspberry salad topped with raspberry chipotle salmon so I may have wine.
  • kblue2007
    I think it is almost time to dry out. It's been an incredibly lushy few months. Most of the family has left the island. Aunt and two Uncles are still here. We might go to happy hour with them tonight...maybe. I don't really wanna go out to eat again but I am not sure if we will get a chance to see them again before they leave.
    We spent the weekend with Lenny's parents, sil and bil....ridiculous amount of everything!!!
  • rjadams
    hello lushes. I have been full on cooking since Holly is here so wine is used and then the rest is consumed. Next week I have to get my s together.

Kate sorry you have to go out and eat and drink so much. (yeah, right I am really sorry :tongue: )
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Hey all.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - a cider and a wine spritzer with some very mediocre chard. I just really don't dig chards..... = 2
    Wednesday - 2 ciders, poured another crappy spritzer and had about 3 sips of it = 2

I'm not sure what I want my strategy to be on drinking. I say I'm going to have 0's till the weekend....ok Thursday.....and then I drink on a weeknight feel bad about it and/or hit it hard Thursday because I've been "being good" all week. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just drink moderately all the time! But in all seriousness.....I've been reading this decent book series about this girl that studies abroad in France and ends up living there and they drink every day. At lunch, at any occasion....all the time. I also listened to this conference call recently (for my 90 day workout program) and the speaker was talking about how she used to be a big time drinker. And you know a lot of trainers are always like, "alcohol is bad...don't drink it!" She says she goes to happy hour every Friday and has 2 drinks because she still enjoys it. And if she thinks during the week, "I'd like to have a drink", she knows she will Friday. I mean not that I'm going to limit myself to that, but I wonder if I just say it's OK to have a drink or two most nights, maybe that would keep me from from binging so much on weekends. It has worked with me for food so maybe booze too. I would love to be able to be the type of person who has a glass of wine every night and maybe 2 or 3 on the weekends. So maybe I'll try to work towards that and then slowly back off the most nights to some nights. Just a thought...... Sorry to write a book. :)

Oh yeah, but Thursday will probably be a couple drinks. Eric is meeting a buddy for beer so I may grab a red and see if I can moderate with the wine.
  • rjadams
    Ashley I have all the same thoughts as you. I have been around people who have always had a glass or two almost every night. Hell, when I was stressed out with my second pregnancy in the late 80's my doctor told me to go home and have a glass of sherry and de stress. This was at a time pregnant women weren't supposed to drink anything "bad" cola, coffee, especially alcohol but my doc was old school. I have definitely increased my drinking since then but if I am really motivated I can stop. But I love the taste. I hate getting drunk and I hate feeling bad. If they could make things taste the same without the "bad" part of alcohol I would be so happy.

That being said I had a bottle and a glass of white last night. The one glass was from a bottle I didn't finish the night before but one glass just wasn't enough so I had to open another.

Have a great lushy Friday to you all!
  • SoCalWoman
    Yup...moderation for me is the key. Having a lot of 0's then rewarding myself at the end of the week doesn't seem to work since I usually end up over doing it. :/
    On that note, happy Friday lushes! :drinker: