If you count calories, what do you hate "wasting" your calories on?

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
For me, it is the 2 TBS of heavy cream every morning, with my coffee. And I am rough guessing; it could be up to 3 TBS.

So, far, I do not think I have even once exceeded my MFP provided calorie intake, but there have been days where I wish I could have had those heavy cream calories back so I could eat something.

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes feel that way about the HWC, actually, or about BPC if I go that route with the coconut oil. I don't feel that way as often any more though, for some reason. I love my HWC. :)
    Or just in general if I have a higher calorie breakfast, I sometimes end up regretting that later in the day.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any room in my diet for wasted calories. But I used to think of my olive oil to sauté my veggies as wasted calories back in my low carb low fat days, but now I embrace those 120 calories :smile:
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I cut out my HWC in my coffee and just do coconut oil now 1/2 tbs. some times I add it but majority I don't. But I have 2-3 cups a day so that 150 cals could go to something else eddable lol
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I cut down on the HWC in my coffee/tea for just this reason. Nuts and seeds. Gotta have some according to my dietitian, but 250 cals worth some days? For this tiny, tiny serving of crunchy goodness? Gah! Occasionally, although rarely, I wish I could get butter calories back. I love butter, but some days...
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    snacking, especially peanut butter. so many calories for so little food. I am working on cutting back on snacks and having larger meals :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I use coffee with heavy cream as my breakfast so I feel ok about the calories. The longer I've been at this the more satisfied I stay between meals so I feel like I rarely go over calories anymore.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Condiments. Argh! Although I typically see that as "wasted carbs". I had 1 tbsp of Sweet Baby Rays on a chicken breast last night, omg for just 2 tbsp it was 18 carbs! NET carbs! Ugggh. To think I used to use more than 2 tbsp.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    On the days that I work (I am a sort of sub for nurses and don't have a set schedule) I have hwc in my coffee that I sip on through the day, and then I will have my supper, never having any hunger pangs. On off days I will trim the amount of hwc to have a filling breakfast that keeps me satisfied until supper time. Otherwise I don't have any calories that I feel I needed to save for later.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    Condiments. Argh! Although I typically see that as "wasted carbs". I had 1 tbsp of Sweet Baby Rays on a chicken breast last night, omg for just 2 tbsp it was 18 carbs! NET carbs! Ugggh. To think I used to use more than 2 tbsp.

Try Stubb's brand bbq. It has 6 carbs for 2TB.

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I just want a caloric refund on stuff that I thought was gonna taste great but ended up disappointing me.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This may seem really silly but I'm new here. I didn't think calories were as important to watch as long as carbs are low. Am I all wrong?!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ashers83 wrote: »
    This may seem really silly but I'm new here. I didn't think calories were as important to watch as long as carbs are low. Am I all wrong?!

You are absolutely correct. At least according to some of us. This is a hotly debated point around here. There's even a couple threads (linked in the "Launch Pad") where we argue the for and against counting. I am solidly in the "don't count" camp.

Here are the links for you.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Seriously....that stuff should be carb and calorie free ;)
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    Ashers83 wrote: »

Your appetite will naturally decrease with low carb high fat, but calories do matter in terms of weight lsos IMO
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Unless I measure them out I eat too many of them. It isn't that it is wasted calories, just too many for weight loss.
  • motown13
    Options

• motown13
    Options
    Go get PB Fit peanut flour. It is very low carb and good
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The calories don't bother me ... but boy do I hate using 6 carbs (so far) for the magnesium citrate.
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    reblazed wrote: »
    The calories don't bother me ... but boy do I hate using 6 carbs (so far) for the magnesium citrate.

Whaaaat? Mine has none
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    reblazed wrote: »

Whaaaat? Mine has none

The ones in cellulose capsules have like 1g per capsule.