Hot Flashes

Options
2»

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Well, if they continue to be bad with no relief, I will probably be doing that.
  • Clarity2002
    Clarity2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try red clover, worked like magic for me! However, if you have had breast cancer, or have a family history of breast cancer then might not be best for you. Look into low dose of an antidepressant instead, also works like a dream!
  • gogigi333
    gogigi333 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The weather here has changed from freezing to warm, and I've been waking up at night all sweaty. I thought it was the weather, but maybe it's night sweats?

Question - do you have hot flashes before menopause or only after? I'm 53 but still have regular periods.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've been having hot flashes for 5 years now - started when I had chemo at age 50 so I didn't have a normal lead up to menopause. I find they are worst when I drink more than 1 glass of wine or have strong caffeinated tea\coffee. I have also found my hot flashes have become less frequent since I've been loosing weight and exercising more.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on here for a while. Still dealing with the flashes. It's the worst at night. Last night was really bad. I've been using progesterone cream since finding out that my progesterone level was non-existent. Not sure it's doing anything. I have at times taken gabapentin for them, but can't decide if it helps or not.