Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Yay, @Diantha21 !
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    4k done today, average pace 8.23. so ever so slightly faster, I did take ibrupofen probably not the best idea, though icing up now for 10mins and let you know the outcome!! 2nd week of Shallow Hal plan lol

• Orphia
    Options
    LOL, good work, Di!

I've now seen quite a few different 10k plans, and think that one is great.

I did 5.3 km on Monday and 4.1 km this morning. I can feel it in my hip a bit now, so no running till parkrun on Saturday.

I've signed up for an 8.6 km funrun on Saturday 27 February... eek! ;)

I expect I'll have to walk a couple of kms of it.

But I did a 10 km funrun in October, and walked a hell of a lot of that, so walking won't worry me.

It's the "fun" part that matters!
  • Diantha21
    Options
    OMG....phew, mind you, with all those steps you do daily, you should walk it lol, sorry for the pun...I am sure you will do fine, It always surprises me, even with pain, you just say just a bit longer and keep going and just run through it - don't you! phew?
  • Orphia
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I did it! I ran the full 8.6 km! So happy!

Di will have seen my short recap on FB so I'll spare her from my repeating it.

This now suddenly puts me at the end of the penultimate week of Hal Higdon's novice 10 km plan. :open_mouth:

The plan says my next long run should be 10 km!

I might try to do that Monday 7 March.

I thought about repeating the 8.6 km distance, but the course was so hilly, and the temperature quite high (25 Celsius), that I think it was more than sufficient the first time. I should be fine at 7-8 am and on the flat when I normally run.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Diantha21
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I did it! I ran the full 8.6 km! So happy!

Di will have seen my short recap on FB so I'll spare her from my repeating it.

This now suddenly puts me at the end of the penultimate week of Hal Higdon's novice 10 km plan. :open_mouth:

The plan says my next long run should be 10 km!

I might try to do that Monday 7 March.

I thought about repeating the 8.6 km distance, but the course was so hilly, and the temperature quite high (25 Celsius), that I think it was more than sufficient the first time. I should be fine at 7-8 am and on the flat when I normally run.

I did see your pics on fb :smiley: may I say a hearty congrats!!! I would never tire of hearing it...repeat again if you like!!!
    I managed 6.5km today, I am at week 4 today and really happy with my progress - finally no pain....very slow although I am very happy to increase time once I am up there. At the moment it is the distance I want to achieve then build on time, which seems to be gradually getting a little better week by week all on its own...

Great stuff and good luck with the 10km run....whoop whoop!!

Just a thought what is your plan after your 10k run...do you have a plan? perhaps drop down again to a little less perhaps week 7 or 8 and rebuild, I must admit I really like the varied runs during the week!!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Thank you, lovely people!

I probably should make a plan for after 10K. My first thought is 15K, but I haven't set it in stone.

Well done on 6.5 km, Di! That's great, and yay for having no pain! Lucky us to be over our injuries!
  • Diantha21
    Options
    I still have my x-ray to come back, I have in my head that it wasn't the knee anyway, which Is what I told the doc that my physio said it was needing to lengthen my hamstring and lobiatial band, so what does he do....x-ray my knee lol...argh well.
    Great plan to increase to 15k, I will not be with you on that one, if I did I would wait until I retired as I do not physically have the time!! I also think as I am 10yrs older than you, that just increasing speed, elevation and intensity is the way to help my heart health, by doing that Hal Hallinger style by varying what I do 3 times a week.

But way to go you :smiley: and good luck
  • Orphia
    Options
    I ran 10 km!

So happy today! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Diantha21
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I ran 10 km!

So happy today! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Lets do this separately lol....Brilliant really well done, did we think we would do it this quickly ??? No I certainly didn't!!...onwards and upwards...good luck with whatever you do next!!
  • Diantha21
    Options
    I ran 7.56km today lol...Really happy I did this, I ran .06 more just to know I didn't have to stop, whilst gasping!!! that I could carry on if I so wished!! Happy days...
  • Orphia
    Options
    Diantha21 wrote: »
    I ran 7.56km today lol...Really happy I did this, I ran .06 more just to know I didn't have to stop, whilst gasping!!! that I could carry on if I so wished!! Happy days...

Thanks, Di!

Wow, go you!

You'll be doing 10K very soon, I reckon!

And yay for running highs! :smiley:
  • Diantha21
    Options
    10k In the bag Orphia, I got to 8k and was determined not to stop....I feel quite good right now, considering the weight this body has to lug around!!!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Diantha21 wrote: »
    10k In the bag Orphia, I got to 8k and was determined not to stop....I feel quite good right now, considering the weight this body has to lug around!!!

Woo Yay Hooplah, Di! :smile:

Awesome!

So happy for you!

Does it feel as brilliant as it did for me?
  • Orphia
    Options
    I ran 10 km again today. Last Sunday was not a fluke!
  • Diantha21
    Options
    lol probably not lol....It was just such a nice park I thought I may as well get on with it and get the job done lol...I now have in mind to slice chunks of time from my 5km runs then when I feel I am consistently, much quicker I will then increase again up to 10km...now I know I can do 10km.
    It's like in my head, to run is almost just a mind set...but to run quicker or elevated is more about fitness. Good luck with your next goal.