Team 4

Options

Replies

• NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like the wildflowers too! I'll try to keep up with the posts throughout the weekend, but I'm usually on the go. Have a great day everyone!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wildflowers is it.. I really like it.

Sorry folks have been dealing with Migraine a lot this past week.. Better this week then next week when we start our competition
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    I agree. The consensus is Wildflowers. (Thanks, Jenny, for suggesting it!) Sorry to hear that you've had a migraine, Mauli. Hey, do you know if there is a way to change the heading of our team thread to say Team 4 - The Wildflowers? Since you started it, I didn't know if there was a way for you to edit it?
  • CKS0806
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I agree. The consensus is Wildflowers. (Thanks, Jenny, for suggesting it!) Sorry to hear that you've had a migraine, Mauli. Hey, do you know if there is a way to change the heading of our team thread to say Team 4 - The Wildflowers? Since you started it, I didn't know if there was a way for you to edit it?

Let me try it through my laptop but spreadsheet I was able too last time.
  • CKS0806
    Options
    My gym workout are usually swimming.. Lol
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi, Ruffa. Nice Zumba workout and 2 mile run! The C25K is going okay. I have done it before, only with a group. It is much harder to do alone. @ryblueeyes is a runner. I will have to pick her brain if I encounter any roadblocks! Any other runners on Team Wildflowers?
  • sbeckum91
    sbeckum91 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Shelby. I am a bit late joining, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 24 years old. My birthday is right after this challenge ends, so this is a bit of an extra boost to get to my first big goal for my 25th. Currently attending school and working, so my workout schedule is usually all over the place, but trying to get on a more regular schedule. That's about it for now i guess.

Also if anyone has a fitbit and wants to add me: sbeckum91@gmail.com
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ruffa. Nice Zumba workout and 2 mile run! The C25K is going okay. I have done it before, only with a group. It is much harder to do alone. @ryblueeyes is a runner. I will have to pick her brain if I encounter any roadblocks! Any other runners on Team Wildflowers?

Lisa, one of my goals is to run a marathon one day but i'd probably stick on 5k's and 10k's for now. zumba is my favorite though, so much fun! btw, i am new to this amazing race challenge, is this the official team 4 thread where we put out achievements and minutes? or are you making a different thread when we started the challenge on monday?

also.. please add me if you guys are on fitbit :) leemalyn14@yahoo.com

waving HI to Shelby! adding you on fitbit
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi, Shelby and welcome to Team 4 - The Wildflowers.

Ruffa, the spreadsheet where we initially weighed in on March 1st has a tab for Team 4. There is a spot for each day to record our exercise minutes and spots at the end to record roadblocks completed.
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Got a good workout in this afternoon! I'm not a runner by any means, but I was able to run on the treadmill, even if it was only for a few minutes at a time. Made myself proud! Here's to a good week Wildflowers!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Kate, it all starts with a "few minutes" and goes up from there! Keep it going!
  • alystone
    alystone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm Aly! Sorry I haven't responded until just now I broke my phone :( Hopefully I'm not too late to still be here?!
  • alystone
    alystone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Alright; time for a better introduction! I'm Aly, I am 26 years old, mom to a super rad 4 year old little boy and a couple American Bulldogs. I currently live in Georgia, USA but we are moving later this month to Alabama (to my husband's family farm!). I came across this challenge group while I was searching through the community posts and thought this would be a really awesome way to kick my booty back into gear and help me finish reaching my weight loss goal by my 27th birthday as this challenge ends just before then! Not to mention my best friend just talked me into joining her in an obstacle race this June, so I really need the extra motivation to keep working out. I am looking forward to getting caught up in this thread and in the activity since I hadn't been able to get on MFP to see anything this past week. I hope this is as much fun as it sounds like, and I am excited to get to know all of you and celebrate together as we all crush our goals.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Okay, Team Wildflowers, are you ready for this challenge to start tomorrow?!! There are SEVERAL ways to earn points this week, so I would like to see us rack up as many as possible!

The first roadblock is the dance and it is worth 10 points. It looks really fun, is only a minute and a half, and any time we spend practicing can be used towards our exercise minutes!

The second roadblock is eating Greek foods and is worth 2 points/food up to 10 points. Some examples are lamb, tzatziki, Greek pitas, meat pies (lamb, goat, mince pork), feta, olives, grapes, grape leaves, Greek yogurt and spinach.

The nutrition challenge is going sugar free and is worth 5 points.

The accountability challenge is 2 points/day up to 10 points. We have all "friended" some team members. Just comment on their statuses 5 times and post on the team thread 5 times. It could be to tell the team how your workout went, to tell the team what Greek foods you ate, to comment on how the squat challenge is going....the list goes on!

The bonus challenge is doing the arm challenge or dumbbell challenge (or both, if you choose) for the whole first week for 10 points.

Lastly are the exercise minutes. Record on the spreadsheet, team 4 tab, how many minutes you spent exercising each day. If that day was a rest day, record a 0. That way we know you are still with us! Remember we can include any minutes spent dancing, squatting or doing the arm or dumbbell challenge! We have 19 team members, so the minutes divided evenly are 257 each. That is just a guideline...ideally do more! But most importantly, do what you can.

Have a great week, team!
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello Team 4 ☺
    I'm looking forward to this challenge. This will be my first challenge and I already feel it will provide the motivation that I need.
    I'm 37yrs old and I am starting to have pretty serious health issues that can be turned for the better by living a healthy life style.
    I'm married for 16yrs and we have a 14yr old and a 10yr old. I work from home in customer service so I'm sedentary for most of the day.
    And I'm looking to lose 30lbs so maybe I can lose half of that with this challenge. Or possible come close
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    alystone wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm Aly! Sorry I haven't responded until just now I broke my phone :( Hopefully I'm not too late to still be here?!
    shaunie126 wrote: »
    Hello Team 4 ☺
    I'm looking forward to this challenge. This will be my first challenge and I already feel it will provide the motivation that I need.
    I'm 37yrs old and I am starting to have pretty serious health issues that can be turned for the better by living a healthy life style.
    I'm married for 16yrs and we have a 14yr old and a 10yr old. I work from home in customer service so I'm sedentary for most of the day.
    And I'm looking to lose 30lbs so maybe I can lose half of that with this challenge. Or possible come close

Waving Hello to ALY and Shaunie!!!! :smiley:

Lisa, Thank you for your motivation, encouragements and updates regarding the challenge.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone sorry I am late joining the team 4 group chat this is all new to me but really looking forward to the support and motivation and to being part of a team to loose weight and get healthy.

My name is Melanie I am 43 and pretty much sit all day for my job. :( So I am up every morning at 4am on the treadmill getting some where between 30 and 60 mins.

Let's go Wildflowers!!!!!!
  • CKS0806
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »

Let me try it through my laptop but spreadsheet I was able too last time.

Hi Lisa, I tried to change the name but there is no Edit options or under settings it gives me any options. On the spreadsheet I did make the changes to our name.

• CKS0806
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I will do the food for the second roadblock instead of the dance since I pulled my muscles. So I will get the minutes for workout as much as I can
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thanks for trying to edit, Mauli. As far as the Roadblocks, do what your body will allow you to do! Same goes for workouts, they can be a low impact walk; they don't have to be strenuous. Good luck!