ARM CHALLENGE

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
THESE ARE 30 DAY CHALLENGES BUT IF YOU DO THIS FOR WEEK 1 AMAZING RACE CHALLENGE THEY ARE WORTH 10 PTS.

qhzgw3m8e2gm.png

i18ffdu39i32.jpg

Replies

• lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Love this challenge since my arms are my "trouble" zone.
    The second one "30-day Dumbbell Challenge" is a little small for me to see in your post so here is a bigger version:

qtnr1eaxk3wd.jpg
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    If we r doing this challenge do we do both dumbbell and arm 30 day challenge or just pick one or the other?
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    If we r doing this challenge do we do both dumbbell and arm 30 day challenge or just pick one or the other?

you can do one or the other or both. Your pick. The points remain the same for the challenge though
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Ok thanks so much.
  • sbeckum91
    sbeckum91 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wasn't able to do the squat challenge, battling a bad case of bronchitis. But I will try and do this one!!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    sbeckum91 wrote: »
    Wasn't able to do the squat challenge, battling a bad case of bronchitis. But I will try and do this one!!

I know the feeling, I did day one of the squats and wasn't able to do it again for 3 days. I'm just picking up today where I left off. Yay day 2 of squats are done!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    MY goal is to get my arms toned by the summer, so this is great. I have to admit ..... I hate push ups! :)
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    We can switch between arm challenge and dum bell challenge rt???
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This all starts Monday right? Squat challenge and arm?
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm totally down with this challenge! I will be getting it done everyday!
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This all starts Monday right? Squat challenge and arm?
    Most people have already started on the squat challenge, but you can start anytime. Just start out with 50 and work your way up. I was a day late and started on the current days number and then did day one on the off day. That way I was caught up. You can work it out anyway you want. The arm and dumbbell challenges start Monday. You can choose one or the other or do both. Have fun!!!
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    OK, I want to do the dumbbell challenge, but doing the pre-assessment push-ups has set my knees back, so I can't do those on day 3. Can I switch the push-ups for flat bench press? Works the same area (chest). Yes? No? (What I really want to know is if I can count it for the team, I'm going to do it anyway just for me). Thanks!
  • aston2045
    aston2045 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge!
  • jk286607
    jk286607 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but can someone explain what exactly "dips" are as it pertains to the 30-day arm challenge? I could probably Google it but get about 30 different answers and figured I'd ask here -- thanks! :)
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking dips are referring to tricep dips.
    Either chair, or bench. Hands beside you, fingers pointing forward, gently dip down, hips off edge, bending the elbows straight back with no flaring. If done right, should be able to feel it in the back of the arms.
  • itazfan
    itazfan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @mallowbar. Where did u find this challenge? Can't open it.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ok, so Week 1 of one and/or both arm challenges for 10 pts Amazing Race...on top of all the other challenges and such. Do either one of these arm challenges stay past the first week of ARC for the Spring Challenge (along with the squats)?

Sorry, new to these challenges.

Jess
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete of arm challenge
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options

AR Week #1: 30 Day Arm Challenge
    Push-ups x5,
    Dips x5,
    Bicep Curl/Both Arm w 10 lb dumbells x10,
    Punches x10 sec ✔
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Ok, so Week 1 of one and/or both arm challenges for 10 pts Amazing Race...on top of all the other challenges and such. Do either one of these arm challenges stay past the first week of ARC for the Spring Challenge (along with the squats)?

Sorry, new to these challenges.

Jess

They will be here for the extent of the spring challenge .