Does anyone drink Bulletproof Coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I cracked our cheap blender as the coffee was just off the boil and the lid vaccuum sealed on so i could not open it then the pressure difference as interior cooled cracked the plastic. Will spend more than $15 next time. Any great easy to clean blender tips? Just for mixing drinks like this.

Blending well is key. Small amounts to start.

I've got a nutri ninja, and I just rinse the blade compartment under hot water and wash the cup as normal.
    For bulletproof coffee, I just use a hand immersion blender

• pilotsroo
    pilotsroo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have bpc everyday. I use Nescafé instant, butter (rolling meadows) and coconut oil and splash of cream. I use a immersion blender. It's fantastic!
  • pilotsroo
    pilotsroo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I cracked our cheap blender as the coffee was just off the boil and the lid vaccuum sealed on so i could not open it then the pressure difference as interior cooled cracked the plastic. Will spend more than $15 next time. Any great easy to clean blender tips? Just for mixing drinks like this.

Blending well is key. Small amounts to start.

I've got a nutri ninja, and I just rinse the blade compartment under hot water and wash the cup as normal.
    For bulletproof coffee, I just use a hand immersion blender
    You can buy cheap immersion blenders they are way easier to clean.

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I do IF so I can't do so many calories early in the day, and later when my window opens I'd rather spend the calories on solid food.

I have tried it though, and it's fine as long as it's blended well.

These days I'm all about a strong AeroPress brew pressed directly over ice.
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have so much more success limiting my calories when I start the day with my version of bulletproof coffee - just espresso coffee plus butter plus coconut oil. It keeps me going through to after midday. With this type of IF I can comfortably end the day with a significant calories deficit (under my target deficit).

If I add cream or coconut milk (a few carbs) it only takes me through to late morning. If I have a proper breakfast, I get hungrier earlier and then struggle to keep within my planned deficit for the day.

BPF is my not so secret weapon.
  • LeColeLovely
    LeColeLovely Posts: 5 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    lukos05 wrote: »
    I tried the CO and butter and something just didn't sit right; too much dairy to the butter and cream cheese I've put in my diet already, maybe. So I did a little research and started MCT oil (brain octane) and *cacao butter this week. (With stevia.) Yummo! Gives it a chocolatey flavor. Have tried it blended, just stirred, and in a shaker bottle: the shaker bottle works in a pinch, just be mindful of the hot gases released from the pressure. <.<

Do you mean like a blender bottle?
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use my ninja the smoothie one, for my morning BP coffee. I feel like I'm having a luxurious Starbucks every morning. So rich and frothy and amazing. Can't believe I was so scared to try it. It also makes it so I don't have to eat anything until about 1 o'clock. I'm only at about a teaspoon and a half of the butter and the coconut oil right now. So it's not actually that high in calorie I suppose.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking it the last 2 weeks. I use coconut oil and butter. Occasinally a spoon of baking cocoa or cinnamon also.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses! I'm making mine using Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, good quality coffee, and a splash of Vanilla Extract. I even made a "frozen" version yesterday morning and was very pleased.

https://podtasticeats.wordpress.com/2016/03/06/frozen-bulletproof-coffee/