Daily Exercise Thread

Options
UnkyTimFU
UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
Hello Group. I’m Tim for those who don’t know. I just thought maybe sharing what we’re all doing for physical activity each day/week/month could help with this life changing quest we’re all on together. I’ll post here daily and list off what I’ve done for physical activity on that particular day. Anyone else should feel free to list off their own activity as much as they can as well. Also… feel free to share any struggles or stories you may have.

I’m doing the 100 mile walking challenge on the site this month. I’ll be listing here what I’ve accomplished each day in regards to reaching that goal. I should note that these are only miles that I go out of my way to take and I don’t include steps/miles I’d be taking anyways (so… I include things like going for walks around the block or doing my biggest loser power walk video when the weather isn’t so friendly)

Thanks for reading and Good Luck on this journey everybody. I also hope to hear from some of you soon on this thread. If not… I’ll just use the thread to talk to myself until 2017. No Biggie. :p

Replies

• UnkyTimFU
    Options
    Today I walked outside for 7.2 miles. It was a really nice day.
    I went 2.2 miles with my dog Loxley and 5.0 miles on my own. It took about 2 hours all together to do.

I have currently completed 31.8/100 March Miles

Have a good night.
  • kaylamcgraw79
    kaylamcgraw79 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Last evening was beautiful. I did 5 miles on the bike.
    I was really hoping to get up earlier today and go at it again so I would have more time in the evening to do some yard work and clean my filthy car but didn't work out that way.
    What kind of pup is Loxley?
  • michelleregis
    michelleregis Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tim for starting this thread. I was also thinking it would be a great idea to have one. I went back to the gym after several months away, did 40 min mon, 40 min tues. I decided to do the couch to 5k but modify it to myself. Thought I would die after 20 min. I use the arc instead of treadmill because it is easier on my knees. My plan is to stretch out an 8 week program to 16 weeks.... Or for however long it takes me....it gives me a goal and a program to stick to. Have a great day everyone!
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan, Michelle. Good job!
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! Currently I am just trying to increase my speed and time spent on my elliptical trainer. Yesterday, even though I was very tired, the only time I had to do it was at 10:30 at night, so that's what I did!
  • michelleregis
    Options
    Joy, that is awesome that u still worked out yesterday! : )
  • UnkyTimFU
    Options
    Thanks for joining in everyone.

Kayla: Loxley is a Shepherd/Lab Cross. I adopted her a year ago at the end of this month. I'll post a pic sometime in the near future of her. Good job with your bike. I'm thinking of investing in an outdoor and/or stationary bike for the summer to mix things up a bit.

Michelle: No prob... :):) and the couch to 5K thing sounds like a pretty cool program (I had to look it up cos I was out of the loop in regards to its existence) I also find it a lot easier to stay motivated while doing physical fitness when goals are in place.

Joy: Good Stuff. I actually prefer to do all my exercising at night when the nicer weather eventually hits. Most my summer walks take place at 9:30 pm or after.
  • UnkyTimFU
    Options
    Today I walked for 8.9 miles. It wasn't as nice a day here as it was yesterday but I walked in my shorts outside anyways. Maybe I put all my pants in the fireplace a little too prematurely.

I started with 4.0 miles inside (Power Walk Video). I then went 2.2 miles outside with Loxley and finished with 2.7 miles outside on my own. It took about 2.5 hours all together to do.

I have currently completed 40.7/100 March Miles

:) adios for today
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Good Job Joy!!

Tim, I am envious of walking with Loxely. My pup is awful on walks. He wants everyone to see him. He is definitely a social guy. That is my Hank.2bkyzgah7qy3.jpeg

I managed to get my car cleaned and 5 miles in on the bike. I really enjoy having the bike it has really helped me built myself up.. Seeing myself conquer each resistance level. I have a regular bike as well that I'm ready to break out.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @ kayla, haha! That's exactly how my dog is. Anytime I take her out she has to greet every sine person we encounter.

My exercise is weight lifting doing strong lifts 5x5 3 times a week and the elliptical most days.
    Today was squats @ 115 lbs, bench press @80lbs, and barbell row @85lbs. Skipped elliptical and went on a walk today.
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    @Kandeye Hank also has a little dog complex because he has a big little sister that is a chiweenie and she barks at everyone and thing. so he thinks he is a chiweenie as well.
    I have not messed with weighs much but I really want to start. feel little anxious.

@Tim, Felt inspired by all your walking. I got up early and took Dolly around the local park. I got 2 miles in this morning. I felt proud of myself I even made it to work on time. :)
  • michelleregis
    Options
    Hi Kandi....welcome! Did my program at the gym today....day 3. Week 1. Got thinking when my feet were burning....Tim walked for 2 hrs! Joy worked out at 10:30 pm! and Kayla doing 5 miles on her bike! A big thank u to everyone because you guys got me to push on today...have a great day and keep up the awesome job everyone!
  • michelleregis
    Options
    Kandi, next week I want to start working on my arms....I will be checking out ur weight lifting post. ; )
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    Aww!!Good Job Michelle!!!
  • UnkyTimFU
    Options
    Great Stuff Everybody... I'm glad we're all putting this thread to good use and it's nice to be a tad bit inspiring.

Kayla: I love the name "Hank" for a dog.

Today I only got 4.2 miles of walking in. It's still an alright amount but not as much as I wanted. The rain hasn't stopped here all day.

I did 2.0 miles inside (power walk video) and 2.2 outside with Loxley. I wore a rain poncho for the duration of the outdoor walk. The walking today took just under a combined 70 minutes to do.

I have currently completed 44.9/100 March Miles.
  • UnkyTimFU
    Options
    Loxley This Morning.

9n1mv2l6xh8j.jpg
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    3am workout complete! Strong lifts 5x5

squats-115
    Ohp- 75
    Deadlift-135

Will do between 30-40 minutes of the elliptical later. Oooh and chili is in the crockpot. I feel productive today :smiley:
  • kaylamcgraw79
    Options
    How cute! Loxely looks ready to go for the walk.
    Last night I finished up on the bike
    and this morning I got up at 6 and worked on the bike for 30 mins! Two days in a row of actually making myself get up earlier I feel proud lol.
    Good Job Kandi! 3 am.. yikes!
  • UnkyTimFU
    Options
    3am workout - That's pretty neato B)

...and that is some good biking Kayla

I walked 7.2 miles today. It was all outside and took me about 2 hours to complete.

I did 2.2 miles with Loxley and then did the other 5.0 miles on my own.

I have currently completed 52.1/100 March Miles.

I'll probably be giving my body a rest tomorrow so I'll be checking in again on Sunday with more miles. Have a good weekend everybody.
  • michelleregis
    Options
    Great job Tim! Way to go racking up those miles! I squeezed in my workout: day 4 week 1 ....this should help with any weekend food issues....when I work out i feel more motivated to stick to my goals with eating....xx fingers ...have a great day everyone....nh is sunny and about 50 degrees...(that's shorts weather for us! Lol)