Over 50s Ladies - Our Special Needs

1777879808183»

Replies

• batlott
    batlott Posts: 61 Member
    Thanks @Dragonwolf.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,045 Member
    Thanks @Dragonwolf. I forgot the most important word in my reason why I want to join. It's because these are " my Beautiful Ladies" and I don't want to lose them !
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    I've included a link to this thread in the sticky in the other group, that way it doesn't get lost. :)
  • Kitnthecat
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    :smiley: I was just wondering how I would find it again!
  • CoffeeSalty
    CoffeeSalty Posts: 38 Member
    Just saw this thread and sent in a request to join. Now to go back and attempt over the next couple of days to read this thread!
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Finallygot time to come and catch up......and am now worried I have lost the new group!
    @Dragonwolf ..,.am I added to the new one or have I been invited? If its an invite...where do they go????
    Please add me anyway. Thanks! :)
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited February 2016
    jumanajane wrote: »
    Finallygot time to come and catch up......and am now worried I have lost the new group!
    @Dragonwolf ..,.am I added to the new one or have I been invited? If its an invite...where do they go????
    Please add me anyway. Thanks! :)

I tried to add people, but it didn't seem to actually work. You can just go to the link above and click "join," then I'll approve you. Once we get a couple of mods in place, the approval process will go more quickly, but at the moment, it might take up to a couple of days to get approval, since there are times where I won't log on to MFP for periods of time.

And your "application," specifically made it just fine, I just had a really busy weekend and didn't get online much at all. :)
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Thank you, @Dragonwolf !
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Thanks for the join.
    I am new to low carb, was in the general group, but it is too busy with younger folks and their issues. I prefer some pals with more experience under their belts. When I found a link for this group decided this is where I should be hanging out. I am still working my way through this entire thread.

I am, just turned 67, think I am about 28ish (but sadly not),married, with same guy for over 42 yrs. now, no kids, both of us are retired IT workers. DH was recently told he is T2D, so we are trying to keep his nos. under control via diet and exercise. So I realized our high carb way of life had to change, so here I am. He has always managed his weight. I have since turning 30, had to battle with mine, yoyoing up and down every 4-5 yrs. Too old for that now, so the changes have to be made.

Looking forward to learning from everyone here.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Hello @retirehappy ! We now have our own group that began with this thread! We are the Low Carber Daily - Over 50 Ladies if you'd like to join us over there!
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    How do I find the group? I did a search but it doesn't show up anywhere on the Group list.
  • SueMizzou52
    SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
    As with Laura - I cant find you. Low Carber Daily Over 50 ladies does not come up when searched. I'd like to join.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    bump!
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    I am 56 years old and have been eating this way for going on 3 weeks now. First 2 weeks it went ok but this week it was harder.
    On Monday I had surgery for uterine cancer. The results were good . But it has been such an emotional roller coaster. First part of week didn't want to eat but as it went I just was starving want comfort foods. The whole life style change with how we are eating seem to get on every one nerve. I also have type 2 diabetes. I half to loose weight, I half to get my diabetes under control. I just felt overwhelmed by everything.

But today as I got on Facebook there was a post of this lady my age and her start weight close to mine. She is doing great she looks really good . It was just so encouraging . It wasvlikebdont give up.

Liz
    Idaho
  • Kitnthecat
    No, don't give up Liz. If you crave comfort foods, we can help steer you toward some keto comfort. I'm glad your surgery went well. Each day that you avoid sugar and foods that behave as sugar, your body will thank you. LCHF should serve you well with your battles with cancer and diabetes, as well as with losing weight.

I hope you've been able to click on the link to the over 50's ladies group as well.
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    I am doing the lo carb high fat by the way. No problems with constipation this week but that is because of the pain pills from my surgery.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Liz, you've got so much going on right now. You can do this. Just take one day at a time. Don't forget to join us at that ladies over 50 forum. :)