March Challenge ~~ Mar 14th - Mar 20th

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,897 Member
    Options
    KAR1959 wrote: »
    Chris, I have one in a box that I've never opened. I guess I need to open it.

Kathy

Muahahaha, Kathy I have DVD's that I never bothered to open. But the balance ball? Is that like the membership I only used once? I hope yours comes with its own pump. Speaking of which, mine could use some air. From lack of use! :drinker:

The last time I used mine I used it as a chair. Was sitting there after a workout, chatting with my DD. And out of no where I fell backwards and smacked my head into the wall. Yep, we laughed until she cried, I already was! o:)

And Chris really, one for the right leg, two for the right leg etc. (sticking tongue out). >:)

Shelley

• katherine611
    katherine611 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok team, yes in deed it has been some time away from you all. Glad to be back Chris and Kathy you rock on.
    Shelly, Chris is funny..... I love the stretching and I am easily getting back. I hurt my hand at work but I moving my body. Thank you.... chat soon
    P S I have a ball, bright pink :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,437 Member
    Options
    Kathy you made my afternoon! FOOMCF!! I'm in Shelley's class of unopened DVDs, but all my balls are out of their wrappers and filled with air...even the weird shaped ones!

Shelley...I'm groaning here!!! :s

Walked w/DH and Bean for 4.0 miles this morning (6.28 total miles for 13,723 steps) then got on the recumbent for 13.00 miles in 45 mins and an episode of Grimm then went to 1st grade and used up all my energy grading papers.

It is beautiful here today and in the 70's.

Have a great Friday, my friends!!

Chris
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a happy St. Patrick's Day. My foot doc says I have to cut back on walking and jogging till my inflamed joint on my right foot gets better. So I have to use elliptical/stationary bike. Fighting allergies too, sneezing and coughing!!
    But on Saturday, I am planning to lift my weights (no lunges or calf raises, but I can do my arm exercises)
    Tomorrow have to go to very early meeting about 2 hours away...oh well!
    Katherine, hope your hand feels better soon!
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Kathy, do some basic stretching in place of yoga! Ease into it at first. Stretching is super important, even if you're not more flexible than Gumby like some of these YouTube yogis are. I'm not super flexible, but I've noticed small improvements the more I stretch. Plus, it feels sooooo goooood once I'm done. And it can be quite relaxing - I often do it as part of my bedtime routine.

Honestly, I stay away from most yoga videos and just go for stretching ones. Some of the yoga ones get a little bizarre for me. Did a yoga one tonight that suggested "connecting to the energy of the moon" and "embracing the spirit of the divine feminine." Ummm . . . I don't really know how to do all that. I just wanted my lower back to feel better.

Haha, the Twister comment - my husband and I still play that! We usually do best 2 out of 3, and loser has to give winner a back rub or foot massage or something. Husband never stretches. I do about 5 days a week. Guess who usually wins. :wink:

Chris, I like your method of counting mountain climbers better. :laugh: And I have a balance ball!

Clara, glad you're still getting your workouts in! Take care of that foot. :flowerforyou:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,269 Member
    Options
    Just got home from tennis practice. Coach put us through some great drills with a lot of cardio tonight. We have a match on Sunday. I'm not playing. I had to switch up the line up to give the ladies that didn't play last week a chance to play. But I really want to play...oh well. I'll be there to cheer them on.

So practice was 90 minutes and I got in 10,142 steps for 4.06 miles.

Clara - hope your foot gets better.

Chris - along with the unopened ball I have several I opened DVDs as well.

Katherine - welcome back.

Shelley - I'm picturing you falling off that ball...hilarious. :D

Good night.
    Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    PS Michelle, you count those minutes any way you want. Do not listen to Chris, she cannot count! Remember the "Mountain Climbers" Chris & Paula?

Shelley
    Yes! We did twice as many as you! :laugh:

Paula

• PaulaKro
    Options
    I have a green peanut and a ball whose color will remain nameless to avoid misconceptions. DH made me put it next door cuz it's biggg!

Hi Kat, Saw you in an earlier group - also a fan of your profile pic. :smiley:

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    edited March 2016
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    PS Michelle, you count those minutes any way you want. Do not listen to Chris, she cannot count! Remember the "Mountain Climbers" Chris & Paula?

Shelley
    Yes! We did twice as many as you! :laugh:

Paula

So laughing at this!

Out with the color! I need a visual, please!

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Kat glad you made it. Mine is yellow. Trade you! Hope the hand is not to bad.

Hey Clara that is awful! Makes me think of when I broke mine. Well work the upper body and heal up.

Michelle what color is your exercise ball? I am going for a visual of everyone. Hmm, I do not think I know what Kat looks like though. Enquiring mind! I really would like a good yoga DVD, intermediate. But none of that connecting to the moon crap. What does that even mean? And girl, your husband is so winning that twisted game. He so is watching............ o:)

Kathy at least you got to practice! And cheering them on sounds like a great time. Just bring some noise makers and wear a big colorful hat! You will be awesome. <3 And falling off that ball was a memory maker. The look on my DD face when she thought I was actually hurt! Then the laughter! Now I so do not want to repeat it, but it was memorable!

Got in an hour's worth of hall walking today while still at work. Counting the days until we get a new Sgt. Fingers crossed.

Chris your weather sounds great! And you know you love mountain climbers. About the same as burpees!

Shelley

• cpanus
    Options
    Clara, I hope your foot get better quickly so you can get out there and rack up some steps!

Kat, take care of your hand. Glad you are back!

Kathy, I'm always so impressed with your tennis sessions. Be sure to take your pom poms to the game.

Michelle, I don't think anyone in our group knows how to connect with the moon or the spirit of the divine feminine energy...what is that?? Are there written instructions on how you connect...WiFi maybe?? Egad!! I think it's great you play Twister with your DH! Cool!

I have a big blue peanut ball and a little green one...I have a big dark blue and a big light blue exercise ball.

DDD's tummy is starting to round out!! So excited!

Tomorrow will be great!

Chris
  • WranglerMichelle
    Options
    Hope your team wins on Sunday, Kathy!

Shelley, my exercise ball is a bright orange-ish red, favoring more towards the red side of things. And it has some brand name on the side. Gold's Gym, maybe? Haha, I can't remember. I'm not very observant. And I just had to giggle at the Twister comment. Why do you think we enjoy it so much? :D

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get all the moon energy and divine feminine stuff! WiFi, Chris? Too funny!! I was laughing for most of that yoga practice. Tried to focus on relaxing and breathing, but it all just seemed so silly. This is why I can never go to a live yoga class. I'd be such a rabble rouser. I just want to stretch my muscles! I don't even know what moon energy and divine feminine is!

What is a peanut ball?
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Shelley my exercise ball is purple...my favorite color.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
  • WranglerMichelle
    Options
    Huh! Interesting. I was kind of picturing that. Thanks, Paula!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Michelle orange-ish red and Kathy is purple! Green, blue or light blue for Chris. Can't wait for next week. I think I will pad my wall! B)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, it is better to be on the safe side!! Good thinking! :p

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Huh! Interesting. I was kind of picturing that. Thanks, Paula!
    Less roll-polly falling over unless you're the type that rolls backward and lands on her fanny. Tee hee...

Paula
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Rest day.

Good night!

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got walking done w/DH and then went to the gym and walked w/DDD some more. Can't wait to get back to strength training even though I belly-ache about it. So far I have 10.62 miles for 22,062 steps. Don't know if I'm going to do anything else besides reading! Eye exercises!

<3<3

Chris