Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Monday - red (apple)
    Tuesday - green (green pepper)
    Wednesday - orange/yellow (carrot)

I bought all my ingredients for a crock pot beef stew. Just in time for St. Paddy's day tomorrow!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Monday- Red (strawberries)
    Tuesday- Green (lettuce)
    Wednesday- Yellow (bean sprouts)

I ate bbq turkey, mac and cheese and potato salad for lunch so i thought i'm gonna ruin my whole day, so glad it was not as i bad as i thought.

i hope you guys are having a great day! :smile:
  • violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, been a bit busy this week and probably the rest of the week getting sorted for my family to come vist. I did step up my 30mins run/walk to 25min of walking and 5min warm up/cool down, so 35min in total rather than 30mins. also i've been logging my food to mfp as normal.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey, Jenny. We had no doubt you were still with us and doing your best with regards to food and exercise. Enjoy your visit with your family!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Ruffa, considering the amount of exercise you do, you'd have to have a REALLY high calorie meal for it to ruin your whole day! Nice that you can let loose a little!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Team Wild Flowers...I have a correction to make. The Irish meal is only worth 5 points, not 25. I read it wrong on the original post. Sorry for any confusion..... Is the Irish dance looking like the better option to any of you now?!!
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey Wildflowers......I have some bad news. I was up really early today to travel to a meeting for work pretty much sat all day long then had to attend a work dinner and only got home at 830pm. So I didn't exercise or get many steps in at all today. :neutral:

Tomorrow should be better.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Don't apologize for life happening, Melanie. We are all going to have days where we can't exercise or we just don't make time for it. We can only do our best, nothing more. At least you stayed within your calorie goal...that's something really positive!
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Monday - Red Cranberry
    Tuesday - Green Spinach
    Wednesday - Orange/Yellow Carrot
    :)
  • summ72
    Options
    Thanks Lisa. I just like to stick to the normal schedule and support my team. I am back on track again this morning getting some treadmill time in.

Monday - Red apple
    Tuesday - Green pepper
    Wednesday - Orange carrots

Cheers to a more active Thursday.
  • lexy4774
    lexy4774 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    one day left for the rainbow - monday strawberries, tues orange, wed pineapple, thurs broccoli, plus i dropped 1.4 pounds last week , lots more to go but its a start hoot hoot!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wow, you're doing awesome, Lexy! Thanks for sharing with us!
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's been a busy past few days, and I have been struggling with not being able to make it to the gym, so I went at 9 last night! I was there for an hour and a half. It felt good! Although the struggle was real this morning to get out of bed haha I was exhausted. We're looking good on our miles to Ireland! Already more than halfway there! Keep up the good work!!

I think I'm going to treat myself to a new pair of kicks this weekend. I've had my current tennis shoes for 4 years probably. I noticed last night when I was on the treadmill that they've lost all support at this point.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Great late night gym work out, Kate! Yes, we are definitely going to make it to Ireland....but remember we also score bonus points for how many "extra" miles (or minutes) we record! I agree that you should treat yourself to a new pair of running shoes. They may still "look" fine, but as you've said, the support just isn't there any more.
  • summ72
    Options
    Thursday purple cabbage and I just made homemade Sheppard's pie for St Patrick's day. :)

I just got a new pair of running shoes today. I suggest going to a running store even if you only walk because they can fit you into the perfect shoes based on how u walk or jog or run.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thursday - white (onions and garlic in my beef stew; there were also potatoes (of course!), but technically they were yellow)
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Monday - Red Cranberry
    Tuesday - Green Spinach
    Wednesday - Orange/Yellow Carrot
    Thursday - Yellow -Lemon
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Shaunie, just purple and white left in your rainbow! I have purple left for tomorrow..blackberries in my yogurt! I made my beef stew today for St. Patrick's Day. Went for a walk and did the dumbbell challenge for my 50 minutes of exercise. Have a good night everyone!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Ruffa, considering the amount of exercise you do, you'd have to have a REALLY high calorie meal for it to ruin your whole day! Nice that you can let loose a little!

Thank you Lisa, i am trying to get my sodium in take under control lol. :smiley:
    Nice, you had an awesome workout today! i couldnt do the dumbbell challenge, i tried it though

Monday- Red (strawberries)
    Tuesday- Green (lettuce)
    Wednesday- Yellow (bean sprouts)
    Thursday- White (Radish)
    Friday- Orange (sunkist orange)
  • violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    not sure if i should just list all the veg i had:
    Monday - kale, Spinach (green), plum tomatoes canned (red)
    Tuesday - cucumber (green), Carrots (orange), broccoli, kale (green)
    Wednesday - Romaine Lettuce (green)
    Thursday - Romaine Lettuce (green), Fresh Tomato (Red), cucumber (green)

if anyone is using Italian pasta sauce sauces its very quick and easy to make your own.
    1 tinned tomato,
    little garlic and mix of Italian herbs. we have Schwartz Italian Herb Seasoning mix here which pure mix of herbs and is easy to use, but you can make your own using a little bit of each of the following herbs:
    Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Parsley, Sage, Black Pepper, Bay Leaves (ground), maybe even make up a spice shaker of your own mix to use easier.

I like to add in a cup of kale and a cup of spinach in with the sauce to make it more filling and get in more veg, so i can have less pasta with my spaghetti and meatballs or spaghetti Bolognese but still feel full.