Team Carol Meat and Greet

Options
12346»

Replies

• ginncjb
    ginncjb Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Week 5: Bonus point #1- my biggest struggle has been emotional eating....using food when I'm depressed, bored, sad, celebration, or as a reward. When I do this, I'm usually on "auto-pilot" & don't even notice that I've been snacking until 3 or 4 cookies, chips etc are gone.
    Working on being more mindful about this.
  • lvadmama
    lvadmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Week 5: Bonus Point #1- My biggest struggle is also emotional/reactional eating, especially when I'm bored or anxious. To help overcome it, I question myself as to my motives when I want to reach for a snack...am I hungry or do I just lack something else to do at that moment... I've started doing some stretching or even unobtrusive chair exercises if I'm not home when the snack urge hits. I also keep precut veggies in the fridge at all times as well as servings of nuts in zipper bags so it's easier to grab something healthy when I really do need a snack!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bonus Point #2 - I did this brutal Fitness Blender HIIT workout - an oldie, but a goodie - https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/when-i-say-jump-hiit-total-body-toning-and-hiit-cardio-workout
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is that I have no gym buddy :( so I overcome it by spending too much time on mfp
  • lvadmama
    lvadmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bp#2 Did this fb workout/series of moves 2 times this week. Low impact but still hiit.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,568 Member
    Options
    Share with your team, one thing that has made you struggle the most on your health and fitness journey and how you've overcome it or how you plan to overcome it.

For me, it's working with my boyfriend on weighing our food. He does most of the cooking and I am trying to get him on board about weighing out the foods we cut up and put in cups for recipes. Measuring items and weighing items doesn't always translate. He's getting much better at it and remembering to do it. He knows how important it is to me to be accurate and it's great that he wants to help.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Winners and Walkers ranking is updated and new challenge is posted. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10330376/weekly-character-challenge#latest
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Sorry team, but I must drop out of the challenge for this round. Life and other unreasonable obligations have interfered with my commitment to fitness lately. Good luck to all!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Sorry Team- tax season has gotten the best of me and i completely forgot to check in this last week...eaten by zombies....daaaang!

I will try to do better on the next challenge.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,568 Member
    Options
    Sorry team, I also missed entering in my points. I'll have to resign from this challenge and take up being a zombie.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    New (and last challenge) posted. Rankings will be updated in a few hours. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10330376/weekly-character-challenge#latest