Daily check in Thread

Options
paquitoBoston
paquitoBoston Posts: 38 Member
L1D8 done! Today is Hotiron. So, L1D9 will be replaced by that and then L1D10 the day after tomorrow!

Replies

• jessjphillips
    jessjphillips Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done! Today is Hotiron. So, L1D9 will be replaced by that and then L1D10 the day after tomorrow!

Hey Paquito! Well done! Level 2 is so close - enjoy Level 1 while you still can ;) Great idea making a daily check in thread - it makes it easier and means we can interact with each other more!

I've got about 4 days of Level 1 left, unfortunately I haven't been consistent so far, which I think is important in the shred. Hoping to find that consistency starting today!
  • paquitoBoston
    Options
    L1D9 instead of HotIron. Last day in Level 1 today!

@jesspjphillips its been hard for me too, but I keep saying to myself its only 20 mins, thats worked so far :)
  • paquitoBoston
    Options
    L1D10 done! On to level 2 from Friday. Break t tomorrow as I'll be away.
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 done. I had a few days off - some with and some without a good excuse. Back on track now! I decided to workout outside the house instead of in the living room today and it is going to be a much better spot. It means I can work out without worrying about bothering others in the house, I can wear shoes, and I can be outside.
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    Level 1 day 6! Yesterday felt great because my body was fresh after a few days of rest... today was a little harder - but not too bad! It was sunny again so I'm happy!
  • saraspring7
    saraspring7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hoping to start level two today. I took off three days throughout level one for leg pain issues, but not consecutive days. I just altered the exercises as necessary to avoid added stress. I previewed level 2 last night. Looks challenging!
  • saraspring7
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 done. I had a few days off - some with and some without a good excuse. Back on track now! I decided to workout outside the house instead of in the living room today and it is going to be a much better spot. It means I can work out without worrying about bothering others in the house, I can wear shoes, and I can be outside.

I like the idea of doing it outside, but I always have to workout at night once the kids are in bed. :(

• paquitoBoston
    Options
    Level 2 day 2 today!
  • saraspring7
    Options
    Level 2, day 3 for me today. I'm really enjoying it so far! It's nice to be doing something different, and I feel like my body is adequately conditioned, thanks to level 1.
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    Nice work on level 2 guys! I went to a football training camp this weekend so I couldn't do Jillian but it was definitely a workout! My body is aching... Jillian tomorrow morning could be a challenge! but looking forward to it.
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 - noticing myself getting stronger in the strength moves :)
  • alka78
    alka78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all, looking for motivation to stay on track. Completed level 1 day 7 too. Beginning to enjoy it!!
  • paquitoBoston
    Options
    L2 D2 done!
  • sibyl3
    sibyl3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I did 9 days with a day off on day 4 and day 7... On the 8th and 9th days I was so weak, and the 9th was worse. I was away visiting family and baby wasn't letting me get much sleep, so I took the rest of the time off. Back at it today for day 10. Still a bit weak. Is this normal? I think I am going to do another level one day tomorrow. Should I stay there until it starts feeling easier?
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    alka78 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for motivation to stay on track. Completed level 1 day 7 too. Beginning to enjoy it!!

Hey Alka! Great to see we're on the same level - let's stick together! I just finished level 1 day 8 :) My goal for tomorrow is to get up at 6am to get it done first thing.
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    sibyl3 wrote: »
    So I did 9 days with a day off on day 4 and day 7... On the 8th and 9th days I was so weak, and the 9th was worse. I was away visiting family and baby wasn't letting me get much sleep, so I took the rest of the time off. Back at it today for day 10. Still a bit weak. Is this normal? I think I am going to do another level one day tomorrow. Should I stay there until it starts feeling easier?

Hey Silby - tough one! I personally think you should move up so you change up the muscles you're using a bit and also to keep you motivated. When I did the shred the first time I couldn't do every exercise perfectly when I finished ten days of level one, but when I returned to level one after finishing level 3 I could do everything - even proper push ups!
  • sibyl3
    sibyl3 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you Jess! I appreciate it. I did Day 10 today. I may stay on level one for just a day or two longer, but I won't lag behind for long if I do decide to stay put for a bit. My husband suggested that maybe I am not getting weaker. Maybe my form is getting better and I'm working harder and just don't realize it. I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm not going to worry to much about it at this point. I've never experienced this before when following a program, but I've never been in this bad of shape before either.
  • alka78
    Options
    Hi Jess would be great to keep Each other on track. Also did day 8 today. Tomorrow day 9 and a 25 min run. Will keep you posted on how I do
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    sibyl3 wrote: »
    Thank you Jess! I appreciate it. I did Day 10 today. I may stay on level one for just a day or two longer, but I won't lag behind for long if I do decide to stay put for a bit. My husband suggested that maybe I am not getting weaker. Maybe my form is getting better and I'm working harder and just don't realize it. I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm not going to worry to much about it at this point. I've never experienced this before when following a program, but I've never been in this bad of shape before either.

Hey I think your husband makes a good point! I was just thinking the same about my own workout today (level 1 day 9 complete!) - when we do the exercises more like Natalie than Anita of course it will be more challenging. What does Jillian recommend when it comes to moving up? There must be thousands of people who have asked the same question!

I didn't quite make my 6am goal this morning - started working out at 6:30am, which is still an improvement, so I'm happy enough.
  • alka78
    Options
    Day 9 and 25mins run...feeling good!! Well done those who completed their exercise today!!