Squats-1X5X 95/100/105/110, 5X5X 115
    Sumo squats-5X5X 100
    BP-1X5X 55/60/65, 5X5X 70
    BR-5X5X 75

10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

GobletSquat - 3x7x30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing - 25x10x30 = 250

Day 19 Challenge Total = 7,340

I will be on the road all day. I got up early to get my workout in. I also increased the weight of the Kettlebell to 30 pounds today.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    No energy this morning, and it showed in my workout :(
    But I did it, so that counts for something.

Squats - 3x5 at 105 lbs. Almost to body weight again.
    Pull ups - 3X3. This is when I knew it was going to be bad :P
    Bench - 3x5 ay 70 lbs
    Row - 3x5 at 70 lbs
    Shrugs - 3x8 at 70 lbs
    Skullcrushers - 3x8 at 32ish. Need to weigh my dumbbell bar.
    Barbell curls - 6,5,4 at 45 lbs
    Good mornings - 3x10 at 55 lbs
    Hanging knee raises - 3x10
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Chapter 5: Bench... aka the first fail of the prep

Yep, today was bench and I failed on my last set. It wasn't so bad as I've failed before at 115 and once on incline bench, which was far more awkward and at a lighter weight. Had to roll of shame it but got it handled well enough. There was one guy there, in the squat rack, and he did actually ask if I was okay. Though he also made a comment about how I should get someone to spot me and such. He later failed on squats and ended up having the safeties a little low (not the best time to discover that factor) but didn't respond when I just asked if he was okay. Do hope he didn't hurt anything cause that would suck. He left after squatting and I finished up my accessories in the empty gym.

band pulls warm up 3x10

Bench warm up 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 70, 1x6 @ 95
    working set 2x4 @ 105, 1x3 and 1x2 @ 110 (last rep failed)

pull ups 3x1.5 and chin ups 1x3
    db bench press 4x5 @ 40

db fly 1x8 @ 30 and 2x10 @ 25 - 30 felt a tad heavy
    one db row 3x8 @ 45

face pull 3x10 @ 60
    pallof press 3x10 @ 35

Overall, okay but tad rough with the fail on 110 as I've done it many times before. Oh well. Onward and carry on with tomorrow being deadlifts.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Left todays workout until the end of the day. Almost considered skipping and calling it a rest day, but found enough motivation in the end to get out there.

KB Alternating Press: 4x5,4,3,2 at 6kg
    Band Assisted Pull up/Chin up: 4x5,4,3,2 with two bands. 1st and 3rd set were pull ups, 2nd and 4th set were chin ups.

Feeling it in the triceps right now, and definitely ready for bed.
  • ninenines
    Options
    Back again! I had the best sleep last night, must have been the right level of exhausted from the pullups. :) Getting my workout in early today as I've got a lot to do. Mostly cleaning and laundry sadly though.

KB Goblet squat: 5x5 at 16kg
    KB Swing: 16x15 at 16kg

Followed by Stronglifts A
    Front Squat: 5x5 at 22.5kg
    Bench Press: 5x5 at 32.5kg
    Barbell Row: 5x5 at 32.5kg
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    rows 70, bench a waste of time but i did work up to one set of 75 by 10lb increments, and then back down to 65 for another set. i must have had my grip too narrow on an unfamiliar bar because it killed my front delts and i stopped. after i guessed at the fix i couldn't get back the bench so i let it go.

did a few sets of ohp with the bar for fun and form, and deadlifted 135. deadlifts went a lot better once i realised i wasn't driving my knees out and fixed it, i'll say that.

no squats although i tried several times in several ways. i really really would like to be let off from doing squats, but i know that doesn't work.
  • 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yesterday March 20 SL,

Squat: 25k/55lb w/preset BB 5x5

OHB: 20k/44lb w/preset BB 5x5

DL: 45k/99lb w/preset BB 1x5

BB Curls: 20k/44lb w/preset BB 3x5 ouch, elbow was very twingy so did not push it

Shrugs 10k/22lb w/DB 2x15

• Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Went to the Chiro on Sat...having shoulder and knee problems again, ugh.

Yesterday SL's

Squat - 2x5@ 175pds; 3x5@155pds - started with 175pds, did ok till the 3rd set, knee starting bugging me, so dropped 20 pds off and no issues with the pain
    OHP - 5x5@65pds - really excited with this, have the form down, stopped twisting hte wrist on the push, felt awesome getting this finally!
    DL - 1x5@ 170pds

Was having a horrible day yesterday, I have a special needs child and he was just way out of control. Hubbie told me to get out and hit the gym, wasn't sure how it was going to go. On the way out, after changing, this lady stopped me and said that she found me tor be really inspirational, I get in, lift heavy weights and not afraid to sweat it up. I almost started crying. It's amazing how just a little something says out of kindness, can really change a persons day.
  • jthiara
    jthiara Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have been doing SL for about 3 months now, and my first time posting in this group. Over the course of 3 months, back pain that I've had for over 9 years is gone now. I am functionally stronger as well, which is amazing! I can now carry by 7 and 9 year old boys up the stairs without any problems. Laundry baskets up and down 2 flights of stairs, bring it on! lol, no more focused on a number on a scale but the numbers on the bar :)

squat: 5x5 125lbs
    OHP: 5x5 50lbs (had to deload last time, but I got to nail my form this time around)
    DL: 1x1 140lbs (never thought I could lift this heavy ever)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,145 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squat-1X5X 95/100/105/110/115, 5X5X 120
    Sumo squats-5X5X105
    0HP-1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 135

Russian Kettlebell Swing- 25X 10 X 30 = 250

Day 21 Challenge Total = 7,590

Walking Challenge

5 miles

I combined the StrongLifts work out with the kettle bell swing work out. After every lift I did a set of kettle bell swings.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I made my Saturday lifts, felt pretty good - Sunday I cleaned like crazy for 4 hours - Today is a rest day :)
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Isca_1 wrote: »
    Went to the Chiro on Sat...having shoulder and knee problems again, ugh.

Yesterday SL's

Was having a horrible day yesterday, I have a special needs child and he was just way out of control. Hubbie told me to get out and hit the gym, wasn't sure how it was going to go. On the way out, after changing, this lady stopped me and said that she found me tor be really inspirational, I get in, lift heavy weights and not afraid to sweat it up. I almost started crying. It's amazing how just a little something says out of kindness, can really change a persons day.
    This is one of the very reasons that I enjoy sharing words of kindness to others when the opportunity arise. You just never know when it's exactly what they needed in that moment. And big kudos to you for taking care of yourself during that moment Isca_1. I've obviously never met you in person and yet you inspire me just with your postings. Keep up the great work!

• ninenines
    Options
    @Isca_1 I'm glad to hear hitting the gym and a kind comment helped improve your day.

@jthiara welcome! It's awesome to hear that Stronglifts has improved your daily life so much! Keep on posting here.

@fanncy0626 good way to get those swings in! You're almost there. :)

This morning KB work. I'm still waiting for my bigger kettlebell. Heaps of mini KBs around, but seems it's hard getting heavier ones. I was feeling a bit meh about working out this morning, so I took that as a sign that I needed to make it a bit more challenging and increased the swing reps from 15 to 20 per set. The plan called for 19 sets, but made it 20 to make it an even 400 swings for the morning. Still working on a minute timer for the swings, so my work period is now up to 35 seconds and rest of 25 seconds. It was the right amount of challenging so I wasn't bored.

Goblet Squats: 5x5 at 16kg
    KB Swings: 20x20 at 16kg

The girls at work commented that I'm looking skinnier this week, and yesterday I bought a pair of jeans in size 10 (AUS) when I'm usually a size 12 so that was kind of cool. They are a tiny bit tight, hopefully they'll loosen up a bit. They are more of a faux leather, not denim. Getting a bit more definition and my lifts are still improving, so yay for strong.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    ninenines- you're doing amazing! You will probably have to order your Kettlebell. You can do that online or through a sporting goods store.
  • ninenines
    Options
    @fanncy0626 yeah, I have ordered them, my cousin has a sports store and I think they forgot to order them the first time I went in. :/ I haven't wanted to bother them about it, but it's been a few weeks now.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

GobletSquat - 3x7x25
    Russian Kettlebell Swing 34x15x25 = 510

Day 22 Challenge Total = 8,100

Swimming

Freestyle- 45 minutes

2016 - 1,000 Mile Walking Challenge

Goal of 5 miles

It feels good to have my workout done in the morning. I just need to finish my walking for the day. I split it up so I can take the puppy out for three nice walks.
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice replies. I have found that the working out really helps me focus with other things and is a great stress reliever, which is most needed!

SL's

Squat 1x5@175pds, 4x5@155pds - dropped down again, knee was achy and didn't want to push it.
    BP 5x5@100pds
    Row 5x5@115pds

OMG, I just hit 100pds on a bench! I am for some reason really excited about this. Had to have a spotter on the last one set, wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not....but did it with no hands from him on the bar! Wooohoo! Sorry, excited :D
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've been falling behind, it's great to catch up on what you've all been doing! I've had a stressy week, but I did make it to the gym a couple of times, and got a decent bike ride in, so not all bad.

Tonight I replaced front squats and barbell lunges with kettlebell goblet squats and lunges. I don't feel like my form is right with the barbell on those two, and I find I can go reaaaaallllly deep with a kettlebell squat.

Then some leg extensions and curls, and calf work.

I'm a wee bit concerned I'm not working hard enough on PHUL as I'm only doing it three days a week. But I'll keep at it for now. I'm going to have a BIG deload month in May as we're off on a four week bike tour - I'll have strong legs, but that's it! So I guess I'll be restarting in June, whatever programme I choose.
  • ninenines
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Isca_1 100 pounds is freaking awesome! Great job.

Finished off yesterday with workout B of the kettlebell program.
    Alternating Press: 2x5,4,3,2
    Band Assisted Pull Up (2 bands): 2x5,4,3,2

Stronglifts A first thing this morning. I don't get my best lifts first thing in the morning, but OHP is generally pretty tough any time of day. There was no way I was getting a fifth rep in the first few sets, but I had a bit longer rest before the fifth set and was able to squeeze out one more rep. It was glacially slow though.

Front Squat: 3x5 at 22.5kg
    OHP: 4,4,4,4,5 at 25kg.
    DL: 1x5 at 60kg, 1x5 at 70kg
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Isca- Congratulations!!! That's a lot of weight!