Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    No weight loss for me again this week, but I did take my measurements (hips, waist, legs and arms) and I'm down 1cm everywhere so I'm happy with that.

I'm on day 4 Insanity and I'm starting to remember why I hate the damn thing. :# Good luck with your first day tomorrow @SkinnyMelissa03172016 . You've got this!

I haven't added my roadblocks as I couldn't remember which one was which. I'll check in a minute and do that.

I'm having a lot of food envy with the meals you post @TangledThread . I might give that recipe a go!
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @TangledThread that looks so yummy! I wanna eat it!

Doing the egg challenge everyday and drinking water like it's going out of style, I have a 12oz water bottle I just keep refilling. Thinking I'm gonna keep this drinking habit going!
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Dex_ wrote: »
    @TangledThread that looks so yummy! I wanna eat it!

Doing the egg challenge everyday and drinking water like it's going out of style, I have a 12oz water bottle I just keep refilling. Thinking I'm gonna keep this drinking habit going!

Way to go!! Keep up the great work. I'm just being simple and boring with my eggs, but I'm getting it done.

Have a good day!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm out of eggs but have moved on to flax, spinach, yogurt and nuts for my omega 3

This is my first time eating nuts since starting MFP. They are so expensive in calories I thought they wouldn't be worth it. I'm thrilled to be wrong and to find out that my cashew butter fits easily. First a serving size is jinormous and I've always used half a serving (or a bit more) without knowing it. Also 150g of apple will make me feel full for an hour add 19g of cashew butter to that and I'm full for 3 hours and satisfied longer. Amazing!

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say everyone did awesome last week! We came in second with 541 points so let's blow this week away! Team one is killing it but we have a few players less so you are doing fantastic. I think we are third overall .
  • TangledThread
    Options
    @briwashington5 If you post your weekly totals I'm happy to add you to the spreadsheet again.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Just wanted to say everyone did awesome last week! We came in second with 541 points so let's blow this week away! Team one is killing it but we have a few players less so you are doing fantastic. I think we are third overall .

YAY!
  • GSwizzleGary
    Options
    Way to go team. We made up a lot of ground this week!!! Woo hoo! Let's keep it going!!!
  • ReneeLauthers
    ReneeLauthers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rough rough week! Poor eating choices and crazy hours at work! Any suggestions on how to handle work stress better! Jumping back into today!
  • GSwizzleGary
    Options
    Rough rough week! Poor eating choices and crazy hours at work! Any suggestions on how to handle work stress better! Jumping back into today!

What kind of work do you do? That can really impact the strategy given. It looks different for a receptionist than a nurse, for instance. Good for you for jumping back in!!!

• GSwizzleGary
    Options
    Got lots of good E in yesterday. Hope to get more in today since my nieces and nephews are coming over.
  • Melodieccurn
    edited March 2016
    Options
    IT took me a long time to get to the point of handling stress better as a nurse. I make sure I eat even if its while I'm charting or eating on the run. This helps, because when you deprive yourself of food then you will make bad choices. I take finger foods, fruit, or things I can quickly eat. Take some healthy meal bars, I love the larabars. I make a protein shake for work and this usually will satisfy me for a good 6 hours . You need to take care of you or honestly your brain wont work and your patients will suffer. You will be stressed and wont be able do your job whether it is a secretary, aid or Nurse.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Today I went for a run, for me slow jog but I got in 5.25 miles and 90 minutes worth of time. Tommorow I will be hitting the gym early in the morning and then off to the barn for a ride with some friends before I head over to the family for dinner.
    Everybody please get in their times on the spreadsheet. if you need help posting just let everyone know and one of us will post for you.
  • ReneeLauthers
    Options

What kind of work do you do? That can really impact the strategy given. It looks different for a receptionist than a nurse, for instance. Good for you for jumping

I am a WalMart Store Manager .. If things do not go well, I tend to turn to junk as a coping mechanism! And my brain knows it won't help, but having trouble breaking the habit!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Is anyone having trouble with the spreadsheet ?
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Regarding stress: what I know is exercise, lots of water, minimal coffee, taking short breaks, meditation, yoga, proactive healthy snacks and healthy food choices all help. When stressed, unfortunately for me, I default to none of that! My factory setting for stress is work harder until I get sick or crisis is over, whichever comes first. Not proud of that, but want to flag that saying the best strategy and living it are quite different for me. Love to hear any tips people use to break the escalation of stress.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @Melodieccurn spreadsheet working for me. Thxs.
  • GSwizzleGary
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Renee--

Maybe take a walk through the store to destress? Purposefully avoid the food section. Concentrate on outdoors, clothing, or health/beauty. Just a thought... That keeps you away from the tempting junk in the work area and in the store plus you get a little E. Just a thought. Have no idea if it's feasible or not.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    @Melodieccurn spreadsheet working for me. Thxs.

It's working fine now. Must have been a weird glitch .
  • ReneeLauthers
    Options
    Renee--

Maybe take a walk through the store to destress? Purposefully avoid the food section. Concentrate on outdoors, clothing, or health/beauty. Just a thought... That keeps you away from the tempting junk in the work area and in the store plus you get a little E. Just a thought. Have no idea if it's feasible or not.

Thanks! Will give it a try .. Appreciate the tips!