Questions, Struggles, Progress

Brittles927
Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
Feel free to share!

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    I've never been one to exercise, but I started walking in November, and it's definitely helped me. It's time to get new shoes. What's the best walking shoe? (Not the most expensive)
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    I get my shoes at famous foot wear or fred Meyers I just shop clearance they ususally have nikes on sale at both places.
  • NewOR2015
    @jessica182517 Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into it.
  • Mirabelle_Out
    Mirabelle_Out Posts: 151 Member
    Current struggle....

I'm supposed to go to a buffet tomorrow! Normally I will eat whatever I want, but I want to be down for the Friday weigh in. Suggestions for what I should do!!!
  • Brittles927
    Current struggle....

I'm supposed to go to a buffet tomorrow! Normally I will eat whatever I want, but I want to be down for the Friday weigh in. Suggestions for what I should do!!!

If you don't eat 100% healthy while there, try to at least portion what you're eating so it's not a double whammy, also try drinking water before and during to help you not over eat :) there tends to be a lot of sodium in buffet food anyway so that may help in the long run too :)
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Current struggle....

I would just make that my only meal and enjoy it! I understand that can be hard and not ideal for some, but just saying what I would do!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    I'm a binge eater! I hate this any tips anyone?
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    I started jogging and now it seems like I have stalled and I want to eat everything in sight. I wonder if now that I added jogging do I need to add more carbs, I try to do 50-100 carbs a day, or is it just an excuse to eat anything I want. My clothes are still fitting lose and I am sure I have lost inches but I seem so famished too. The scale is stuck at 227. =(
  • Bibia2418
    Bibia2418 Posts: 80 Member
    I am to walking about 4 miles everyday now! Love my morning walks! :) My fasting blood sugar this morning was 119! So grateful and so happy!! Last one I had was 191. I am making progress. Not seeing a whole lot of movement in the scale, but I can tell in my clothes. It's slow and steady which is good. I'm quite happy about all this :smile:
  • gibbs1993
    gibbs1993 Posts: 23 Member
    I started jogging and now it seems like I have stalled and I want to eat everything in sight. I wonder if now that I added jogging do I need to add more carbs, I try to do 50-100 carbs a day, or is it just an excuse to eat anything I want. My clothes are still fitting lose and I am sure I have lost inches but I seem so famished too. The scale is stuck at 227. =(

Are you eating at least half of your jogging calories back? Make sure your deficit isn't too high from exercise. Try eating healthy carbs when you're hungry outside of normal meal times, like fruit and whole grains.
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    We got a new 3+ month old puppy in December and that's what put me back into the walking habit. I'm walking about 3-4 miles a day (treadmill), and 1 mile/day with the now-6-month old pup (btw is looking very grown up now). Hubby hates to exercise but loves walking our puppy, so that's got him up and moving - and he's losing weight, too (he's dieting right along with me - so this is incredibly helpful). He's lost 5 lbs so far.
  • joannemonette1
    NewOR2015 wrote: »
    I've never been one to exercise, but I started walking in November, and it's definitely helped me. It's time to get new shoes. What's the best walking shoe? (Not the most expensive)

I love New Balance for exercising - affordable and last a long time. But Skechers (usually too pricey in the store) are my new favorite for walking (I bought two good pairs at a Goodwill store - OMG, they're like walking on air)
  • joannemonette1
    Be_Lively wrote: »
    Current struggle....

I would just make that my only meal and enjoy it! I understand that can be hard and not ideal for some, but just saying what I would do!

Drink lots of water - and a glass of milk (or whatever your system will tolerate - help fill you up) with your meal. Eat breakfast, and fruits in between - so you don't go hungry.
  • NewOR2015
    @joannemonette1 Walking on air sounds awesome. I enjoy walking because I feel like it's the least risky exercise. Walking on air even better.
  • Mirabelle_Out
    Ok, so I survived the buffet. I did end up going over about 400 calories for the day. However, considering I was able to eat a lot and enjoy myself, along with not being TERRIBLE with the calories. I consider it a win! The next day I had weighed myself and I was down! So I felt pretty good with that! This helps me focus on what is important and realize this may be my new life of trying to eat healthier and be better for myself.

Thank you all of the advice and support! <3
    -M
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    I'm a binge eater! I hate this any tips anyone?

I struggle with the same. All I can say is take it day by day. It's no different than being addicted to anything else.

Today I did not binge.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    I did not do well today. Not at all! There's never one healthy dish at my family's holiday dinners. And there was wine, and dip, and good ole southern cooking. Idk how many calories I ate because I don't know what ingredients were in all of the foods. But I still logged from what MFP had available and tried to overestimate my portions. I have so much making up to do!
  • Brittles927
    edited March 2016
    I didn't do very well yesterday either....so many delicious carbs! I did however, do a ton of walking this weekend so that's a plus.

Back to the grind today though :) we can do this!
  • Mirabelle_Out
    I did not do well yesterday either. It seems like this past weekend was nothing but food!! I am going to weigh myself just to see where I stand! This usually helps me focus if it is high!!! Back at it today and doing the best I can!
  • Brittles927
    I'm always so terrified to weigh myself after I've eaten junk lol.. but maybe it is a good idea just to keep you focused!

I have such a hard time staying on track on the weekend, do you guys have any tips on how to stay on my game?