April Challenges

Replies

• carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    I am going to join up for the 'no calorie counting'. I just don't think I could do no veges at all.
    I remember years ago when I first did Atkins, it was like -2 handfuls of green salad a day, 1 cup cooked low carb veges and otherwise eat as much as you like, meat, dairy, eggs. I did really well and I was so relaxed about it. I would like to get that feeling back.

It has me freaked as I weigh and measure everything constantly.... so annoying. But I really do believe that if I could let that go and just eat naturally (low carb) I will be onto a winner. Thank you for the April challenge, I will be starting next Monday as I am off for a girls weekend and I will be drinking wine :) Good Luck Everyone!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    I already don't track, but my weight loss has slowed in the past few months - not sure if it's carb creep, that I'm so close to goal (5-10 lbs), or if it has to do with hormones (currently breastfeeding my 7 month old). I actually really like veggies, but I know I have a tendancy to overdo it on the almonds and cashews (that may very well be what's tripping me up). I'll give the all meat challenge a try (as if my husband doesn't think my eating habits are crazy enough as it is, lol). I know right up front there will be one cheat day - husband's birthday is this month. But that's the only day I can see really going off plan (and really just for dessert). I'm actually getting excited about it typing this! Seems like fun, and maybe it will help me shift those last few lbs faster!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Today will be day 3 of All Animal April. So far, so good. Today will be bacon for breakfast, burger for lunch, and chicken thigh with chorizo for dinner. Only plain water, coffe, tea to drink. I've always had my hot beverages black, so that's no hardship for me. The scale is down a little from yesterday so I'm pleased.
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    I'm on day 12 of All Animal. Mostly it seems to be going well, my trend weight has dropped 3lbs and I've lost half an inch off my waist and an inch and a half off my hips! My other measurements are marginally down and my body fat is down a fraction of a percent according to the calculator I am using.

Food-wise I've mostly been gravitating towards minced beef, chicken and cheese as my main calorie sources for simplicity reasons. I had a couple of slip-ups, one when my hubby made me a meal including veggies and I felt bad leaving them, the other when my son made a chocolate cake which he really wanted me to try so I just had a little piece. I was drinking coconut oil in my breakfast BPC last week but since I ran out of butter on Monday I haven't replaced it and have just been drinking my coffee black, which leaves me with more calories for food the rest of the day. I had a little bit of mayo with my eggs last night too because I was low on calories and couldn't face any more cheese.

I actually really love this WOE, although I did enjoy having veggies as a treat the other day (more than I enjoyed the chocolate cake). The zero carb target I have set myself means I have no temptation to have just a little taster of bread or potato - I'm very much an All or Nothing type of person!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey. Who is hosting which challenge? Are we lumping them all together in one thread or doing separates. And if separate, who is doing what. I know you're doing AAA, @Dragonwolf, but also Ad Lib. Are you wanting to host the Ad Lib? If you want me to host it instead, just let me know as I'm Ad Libbing right now anyway. I ask as I've had a couple people ask about what's going on as far as that and when we're starting the threads.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    >:) It's total anarchy!!! >:)

(There are still two days til April, but yes I think the Ground Beef thread has thrown people off as to when things are starting).
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    One other thing I'm curious about. It's silly, I know, but if we do ad lib, is there a way to keep our MFP streak going even if we're not logging our food every day? I'm up to 150 days! Like if we just log exercise each day, will that keep it going? If not I'll let it go but this is my longest MFP streak ever. ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    macchiatto wrote: »
    One other thing I'm curious about. It's silly, I know, but if we do ad lib, is there a way to keep our MFP streak going even if we're not logging our food every day? I'm up to 150 days! Like if we just log exercise each day, will that keep it going? If not I'll let it go but this is my longest MFP streak ever. ;)
    I think as long as you log anything at all it keeps going. I've been logging my breakfast since all I have to do is slide right to auto log it from previous days anyway. But you could just add a glass of water or supplements or something to make sure you keep it up.
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    I'm all in for Ad Libitum April! I'm so tired of counting calories, and lately, have not been tracking religiously at all. I don't think I'm ready for the all meat challenge. I really really do love my veggies. I'm excited to see everyone's results on both of these challenges!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    I think even logging in and posting on the forums or a status update on your wall keeps your streak.
  • glossbones
    When I wasn't logging for a period of time, I pre-logged a seltzer water for every day during my planned no-log streak.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member

I almost never log. I gave that up. My streak is almost 900 days. How? I come here and read and/or post. If you log in, it will keep your streak alive. You only lose it after 24 hours of no activity at all.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    OK thanks guys. :)
  • glossbones
    (You can also always reset your streak by visiting https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request )
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    Hey. Who is hosting which challenge? Are we lumping them all together in one thread or doing separates. And if separate, who is doing what. I know you're doing AAA, @Dragonwolf, but also Ad Lib. Are you wanting to host the Ad Lib? If you want me to host it instead, just let me know as I'm Ad Libbing right now anyway. I ask as I've had a couple people ask about what's going on as far as that and when we're starting the threads.

Is @FIT_Goat hosting AAA, or do we have someone hosting it? If not, I will, but if it's already taken care of, I can do Ad Lib.

Also, on a side note -- I had an idea for May: Meatless May. That gives a vegetarian counter to AAA/Meativore May for those who are more vegetarian leaning.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    glossbones wrote: »
    (You can also always reset your streak by visiting https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request )

Oooh...that's just evil.

*resets streak to pre-Easter 120*
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member

The streak is simply logging into MFP once a day. It actually has nothing to do with logging food.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    I am all in for AAA. Already have been doing it a bit while trying to do the 30 days of ground beef. Had to give up due to gallbladder issues. Have switched to egg whites with coconut oil and ground beef as my main meals. So, I don't think I can give up MCT/Coconut oil (need a way to keep up my fat), but everything else is totally doable. Although I may have to have a starting date of April 2. Have a wedding to attend April 1, but will be doing my best to make it an AAA day!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    I really don't see the purpose of only ground beef, for most people. If you want other meats, then go for it. I think the ground beef is just going to make it less likely you will enjoy the experiment. I am doing it just to prove that I can. I know a few people are also trying it, to see if it works differently for them. Most of those people have been mostly or all meat before. I don't know that I would jump right into ground beef, myself, if I was coming from a more mixed diet.

All that to say, don't feel bad if you didn't do well on ground beef. Enjoy the eggs and ground beef. Have a steak or chicken wings. How about some scallops and butter? A rack of ribs is also awesome. Keep it interesting.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    I had bunch of ground beef leftover from starting the 30 day ground beef challenge before the gallbladder flare up. Need to finish it but easing it up with egg whites. It is also easier to keep it simple because of work. I do plan to eat a wide variety of meats. Just need to be careful and see what may cause another flareup. Experimenting a bit.