Team: Run Track Minds

Now that the teams are formed it's time to introduce yourself to your fellow team members. These individuals will be your support. You are a team and you will do it together.

Feel free to use this discussion to share tips, comments and most importantly provide support.

Good Luck RUN TRACK MINDS!!

Replies

• Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi All,

I have been pleasantly surprised and very shocked at the number of people that have expressed interest in our challenge. I really dislike turning people away, especially if they are trying to better themselves by reaching out for support in helping themselves achieve health goals.

At this moment I have over 100 people on our waiting list. As a result I have created 3 more teams! This won't place them all but at least it will help 45 of them.

Because we've grown so much I am looking for a Team Captain for each team. This person should be someone that is 100% committed to not only their own success but each and every team member on the team. This must be someone that logs in DAILY.

I'll be looking to the Team Captains to ensure everyone on your team has submitted their weekly weigh-ins on or before Friday of every week. If there is a team member that is falling off the wagon, I'll be looking to you to encourage them to continue both for their own benefit as well as the team's overall weekly standing. This may require a personal message to them of encouragement or maybe just a reminder that they haven't submitted yet.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do let me know ASAP. I'd like to have Team Captains selected prior to our April 1 start date.
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    Hello Run Track Minds!! My name is Keylee. I'm a 37 year old Mom of 1. My goals are to be strong and healthy. I have over 70 lbs to lose and love these challenges to keep me on track!!
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    @klelk2 Hi Keylee! I like your goals. :)

Hi Team! I'm glad Serendipity decided to create some more teams because these challenges help me a lot. I like having a team to check in with and cheer on (and be cheer-ed on). I'm 49 yrs. old. I've always yo-yo'd up and down with the same 80ish lbs. I'd like this to be the last time I lose it. I'm down 50 lbs. so far with 30 to go. I'll be putting all my focus on maintenance once I get there.

Here's to a great April!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Hi Team Run Track Minds!!!

Welcome to the group. We are so glad you made it in :) Hope you're geared up and ready!! Happy losing all.
  • Serendipity0913
    Hi Team!

When you get a chance can you please reply with what day you will be weighing in. This will be added to the spreadsheet to aid the Team Captains in ensuring the team's weights are submitted.

Thanks!

P.S.: I'm still looking for a volunteer to act as Team Captain for your team. Any takers? :smile:
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Hi Team Run Track Minds, Here is a little about me.

I have tried many times to lose weight but never made my goals.
    I need to be accountable for my weight loss and becoming a member of MFP has done that for me. I have been married for 28 years and have 3 grown sons. I am 52 years old and tired of feeling like i am 90 years old. I started MFP June 2014 and as of August 2015 i lost 90 pounds. Since December i put back on about 30 pounds. I am so upset at myself for letting that happen. I need to get back to where i was and still looking to lose another 40 pounds.
    So happy to have been able to join this group

Why I want to get in shape
    I need to lose weight for myself first before I can do it for others. I want to look and feel healthier

My Inspirations
    ME ME ME ME ME
    To shop for clothes without thinking about sizes.
    To have my Knees feel better so i can jump and run if I want to.
  • kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    Hey Everyone! My name is Karen and I have been married for 20 years come May. I have 5 children ages 12-18. Having 5 children within 6 years did me in...LOL. I want to lose a total of 70 pounds. My first big goal is to lose 40 by the end of September. This challenge I hope will help me get a good start on it...
  • kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    I plan on my weighing day to be Wednesdays!
  • FluffySquid
    FluffySquid Posts: 14 Member
    Hi team! I'm Amiee and am here to try and get myself in shape with the help of some healthy competition!

I plan to weigh in on Sundays x
  • stm712015
    Hi @matthewsfive ! I can relate to gaining weight after losing. It creeps right back up on me if I don't pay attention. I think it's great that you've been so successful in the past and then gotten a jump on it right away so you didn't gain it all back. I've no doubt you'll do this.
  • stm712015
    Hi Team!

When you get a chance can you please reply with what day you will be weighing in. This will be added to the spreadsheet to aid the Team Captains in ensuring the team's weights are submitted.

Thanks!

P.S.: I'm still looking for a volunteer to act as Team Captain for your team. Any takers? :smile:

I'll be weighing in on Tuesdays.

If no one else wants to be team captain, I don't mind doing it.
  • stm712015
    kbrunner2 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone! My name is Karen and I have been married for 20 years come May. I have 5 children ages 12-18. Having 5 children within 6 years did me in...LOL. I want to lose a total of 70 pounds. My first big goal is to lose 40 by the end of September. This challenge I hope will help me get a good start on it...

Your home must be full of crazy, wonderful activity each day. I grew up in a big family (6 children) and loved it! My hat's off to you. <3
  • stm712015
    Hi team! I'm Amiee and am here to try and get myself in shape with the help of some healthy competition!

I plan to weigh in on Sundays x

Hi Amiee. Great goal. You look amazing in your profile pic.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited March 2016
    stm712015 wrote: »
    Hi @matthewsfive ! I can relate to gaining weight after losing. It creeps right back up on me if I don't pay attention. I think it's great that you've been so successful in the past and then gotten a jump on it right away so you didn't gain it all back. I've no doubt you'll do this.

Thanks stm712015
    Vera
  • NorwegianGuy
    NorwegianGuy Posts: 12 Member
    Hello teammates! My name is Geir, 31 years old from Norway. Been obese since childhood but managed to loose approx 60kg when attending college. Managed to stay fit for three years, but have since gained half of it back. Hoping this will bring out my competative side and give me an extra boost. I will be weighing in on Thursdays, starting tomorrow.
  • Serendipity0913
    stm712015 wrote: »

If no one else wants to be team captain, I don't mind doing it.

Thanks so much for offering @stm712015 That officially makes you the Team Captain!!

You'll notice I created a thread listed under Discussions titled "Team Captains". You'll want to pop in and introduce yourself to the other captains. They are a fantastic group.

Thanks again, I know you'll lead your team to success!!

• klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    edited March 2016
    Welcome teammates!! :) Thanks for stepping up as our Team Captain @stm712015 !!! :)

My weigh-in day is Saturday!!
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Hi everyone,

My name is Jennie and I am a wife, mother of 2 beautiful girls (8 and 3) and a full time student. I have one year left and I will graduate with my Elementary Education degree, woo hoo! I have struggled with my weight since I had my first daughter and now that we are done having children, I want to get it off for good! I was born and raised in Seattle and moved to North Dakota almost 3 years ago to finish school. My goal at the beginning of the year was to lose about 86 pounds, happy to say as of today I am 26 pounds closer!

Looking forward to losing with everyone,
    Happy first week!!
  • TammyR429
    TammyR429 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi Team,

My name is Tammy, I'm 47 and I've been married for 16 years. I have two children: 14 and 12. I work full time as a home visitor with a program for pregnant and new moms. I've always been overweight but at my last Dr.'s apt. she looked back at my records and said, "do you realize you've gained an average of five pounds a year for the last six years?" Thirty pounds? Well, no I didn't realize that. I just knew I've slowly and steadily been getting heavier. So I really want to reverse the trend! I've been doing Leslie Sansone walk at home videos and tracking with MFP since January and I've lost 9 pounds. This challenge is just what I need to keep me going! I'm so glad to be on a team!

Let's go Run Track Mind!

• TammyR429
    TammyR429 Posts: 12 Member
    Should've said my weigh in will be on Monday. :D