Team: Die Lard

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    I made crack slaw for dinner last night (google for a recipe, it's everywhere). The hubs tore it up!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Hello Everyone! I'm a late add but excited to be here! :)
    My name is Lisa and I'm 34 years old. I have a 16 year old son, an athlete, who's always busy playing something. lol... I've always been a big girl and I want to be able to keep up with him! I was in the process of finishing up nursing school at the end of 2015 and then I was diagnosed with hypertension, hyperlipidemia and diabetes!! At 34!! (Was also diagnosed with PCOS at 22). My highest weight was 247 in january and enough was enough. I plan on being around a long time and I'm down about 9 pounds since I started taking better care of myself on February 23. I've battled the same few pounds this last week, but I'm determined to keep on pushing.
    I love all of your stories so far! They're super inspirational for me and I hope to share in that in the weeks to come. We will succeed!!!
    Current workout plan: weight lifting with Body Beast 6 days a week. (No, I'm not a coach, LoL), I also try to get a minimum of 10k steps a day with my FitBit, and I also do cardio 6 days a week, 20-30 minutes or so.
    Cheers!! :smiley:
  • poojaknsl
    poojaknsl Posts: 82 Member
    Hi all. My name is pooja and a working mom of 5 yrs( turning 6 yrs next month) old and 14 months old daughters. I have to loose 50 lbs. i still have all baby weight. I started my weight loss journey from March 15 th 2016. So for i have reduced almost 7 lb. starting weight is 205 lb and current weight is 198 lb. my ultimate goal is to reach 150 by september. I have a marriage to attend in november. This challenge will keep me motivated.

Good luck to me and all!!
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    Welcome Lisa and Pooja! We're glad to have you on Team Die Lard. It sounds like you are both off to a great start. Together we' ll reach our goals!
  • poojaknsl
    poojaknsl Posts: 82 Member
    My name is Kali and I am from Ohio. I am a competitive dancer and I am a track athlete. I lift fairly consistently and I tend to workout a lot.

I am a vegetarian and also have many food allergies (nuts, etc). I love bread and coffee.

I am 5'4" and weigh 148.4 lbs. My goal weight is 130 lbs. but I'd prefer to focus on how I look and feel.

Some other fitness goals are to squat 300, bench 150, and complete an unassisted pull-up.

I am a vegetarian too. It will be helpful if we share our good nutritional recipes.
  • Kayak97
    “When I made the decision to change, to get healthy, things started happening in my life." - Michelle Aguilar, Season 6 of the Big Loser.

I can't wait to hear about all the great things that happen in your life this April as we all work on getting healthier!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Re: the meal planning comments from earlier - i have to admit that i'm finding it easiest to just NOT focus much on food now (keeping it v. simple). I do like to cook, but now that i'm working out in most of my "free time", i've kept meals v. simple: Rotisserie chicken skin removed, eggs, apples, raw carrots/snow peas, oranges, the occasional "higher protein" Lean Cuisines, fiber one bars in my car and locker of gym if i'm really hungry (they are filling). I'm staying out of restaurants. I know this wouldn't work as well for people who have to prepare meals for others in their home, but helps me maintain a big calorie deficit, especially w/the exercise factored in. I'm also saving a ton of time and money as used to eat out quite a bit. And - i log everything, even the weekend wine. Hoping to be down 30# before next weekend as will see family. Started Feb 2nd; starting weight 209. Down 26.x as of this morning. I'm measuring too - a couple times a week.

If it isn't in the house, it won't be eaten is my new motto!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    kayak, i had a 2-ish week plateau in March. Changed up the exercise routine (more weights/body-weight exercises and dif cardio...i was doing a lot of the same stuff every day) helped a lot...
  • fancnanc1
    fancnanc1 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Everyone! I'm Nancy & am so excited to join Team Die Lard. I lost 67 lbs several years ago. However, I started eating improperly and put almost all of it back on. Now, I am ready to start a new chapter, get healthier and wear some of the "nice" clothes I wore before :) I wish you all luck and let's do this!! :)
  • Kayak97
    bpkal wrote: »
    Re: the meal planning comments from earlier - i have to admit that i'm finding it easiest to just NOT focus much on food now (keeping it v. simple). I do like to cook, but now that i'm working out in most of my "free time", i've kept meals v. simple: Rotisserie chicken skin removed, eggs, apples, raw carrots/snow peas, oranges, the occasional "higher protein" Lean Cuisines, fiber one bars in my car and locker of gym if i'm really hungry (they are filling). I'm staying out of restaurants. I know this wouldn't work as well for people who have to prepare meals for others in their home, but helps me maintain a big calorie deficit, especially w/the exercise factored in. I'm also saving a ton of time and money as used to eat out quite a bit. And - i log everything, even the weekend wine. Hoping to be down 30# before next weekend as will see family. Started Feb 2nd; starting weight 209. Down 26.x as of this morning. I'm measuring too - a couple times a week.

If it isn't in the house, it won't be eaten is my new motto!

It sounds like you've got a great routine going! I definitely need to up my exercise, especially during the week- not just on the weekend. In the past I have found that the more I exercise, it becomes much easier to control my appetite. You're right about changing up the exercise routine to help get past a plateau. I worked out at the YMCA today, and hiked 3 miles at the park. I was planning to swim (I haven't done that in ages) but the pool is closed for two weeks for rehab. Guess I'll get back to swimming later in the month!
  • Kayak97
    FITBIT Users: If anyone wants to friend me on Fitbit, I think my username is JillW57. We could do team step challenges.
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    I need help team, I am feeling down tonight after feeling like this challenge was going to be what I need to get back on track, I feel like I don't know how to start over. I feel motivated for a minute and then I stray away , eat crappie that I should and not moving as much as I should.

I do want this, I just feel a little lost right now. Like what is step 1.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    @mmcqueen927, first thing take a deep breath and relax. Personally, I think the easiest way to start is to focus on just one simple thing. Whether it's logging food or doing some kind of exercise, to focus on just one thing makes it a lot less daunting than looking at the big picture and freaking out. Puck something you feel confident you can manage and do just that for several days until you're feeling really good about it. Then add something else into it. Small steps but before you know it, you'll be killin' it! Hugs to you for staying the course - if there's any way we can help you, please reach out. I think you'll do great!!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    @mmcqueen927, first thing take a deep breath and relax. Personally, I think the easiest way to start is to focus on just one simple thing. Whether it's logging food or doing some kind of exercise, to focus on just one thing makes it a lot less daunting than looking at the big picture and freaking out. Puck something you feel confident you can manage and do just that for several days until you're feeling really good about it. Then add something else into it. Small steps but before you know it, you'll be killin' it! Hugs to you for staying the course - if there's any way we can help you, please reach out. I think you'll do great!!

Love, love, love these kinds of messages of support! This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping to see when I created this group. Hugs to all of you, we're all working towards the same goal, regardless of what team we're on. :blush:

• Kayak97
    I need help team, I am feeling down tonight after feeling like this challenge was going to be what I need to get back on track, I feel like I don't know how to start over. I feel motivated for a minute and then I stray away , eat crappie that I should and not moving as much as I should.

Hi Shay! Thanks so much for reaching out and asking for some support. I think we all start to feel down on ourselves from time to time.

Mimi is so right about taking it one small goal, baby steps, at a time. I would add: Focus on the positive! Celebrate each positive thing you do for yourself, and don't worry so much about the rest. I may pig out at lunch, but instead of dwelling on it, I congratulate myself for the one time I walked past the office candy jar without stopping to get a piece.
  • Kayak97
    fancnanc1 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I'm Nancy & am so excited to join Team Die Lard. I lost 67 lbs several years ago. However, I started eating improperly and put almost all of it back on. Now, I am ready to start a new chapter, get healthier and wear some of the "nice" clothes I wore before :) I wish you all luck and let's do this!! :)

Hello, Nancy! I'm so glad you were able to get a spot back on the team!
  • misalillstead
    Kayak97 wrote: »
    FITBIT Users: If anyone wants to friend me on Fitbit, I think my username is JillW57. We could do team step challenges.

I'd like to be friends but I can't see how to add friends with just their username. Anyone may feel free to add me! Lmillstead29@gmail.com
  • misalillstead

Step 1... Is letting go of the guilt. It's so hard to do, things happen, we slip up.. And we move on. One less than stellar day won't derail your success! I can only echo was has already been said, because it's good advice! Start small and work from there! Making too many huge changes at once is hard! Set small goals for yourself... Like fluid intake and being active 30 minutes a day. Nutrition is a beast. It's hard to tame... Just take it one meal at a time... I find it I do better on days where I drink plenty of fluids, like 12 cups in a day and get a good amount of protein in the morning, then I don't have the bad cravings on the afternoon. Everyone is different. Just need to find what's best for you, and you will!
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Good Morning all!
    Well, today will be a lite day for me in terms of food. Yesterday we bbq'd and I went over my calorie goal. Got lots to do getting ready for a trip back west for a family reunion. Can't wait for us all to be together!
    Hope you all have a great day! :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Oh @mmcqueen927, another thing I thought about after rereading your post. When I FIRST started, and I mean when I was trying to wrap my head around the whole "losing weight" thing, I started tracking my intake for about a week. I didn't "go on a diet", I just started tracking everything I ate to see how it worked and how to do it. Let me tell you, it was nutso! So before I ever oficially started "losing weight" I'd actually started tapering down naturally - I don't want to log that, I'm already way over my calories, I don't need this. I think tapering down my consumption the first few weeks really set the stage for a successful transition to WL mode.

The other thing I forgot to mention is my motto. Someone else mentioned letting go of the guilt. That is HUGE!! My motto is simply: Own it (admit you screwed up), log it (every bite to hold yourself accountable) and move on. Don't beat yourself up for perceived failings. As long as you stay the course and make good choices a majority of the time, you will succeed! Oh, and make sure to treat yourself as gently as you would any of us. You DESERVE it!! <3