Team: The Bod Squad

Replies

• CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 211 Member
    Down 5lbs this week :)
    My April goal is 10lb so that takes some pressure off!

I haven't introduced myself. I'm Catherine, I'm 24 and mum of 2, I'm running a small business from home as a seamstress while the kids are young, then I plan to go back into law. I'm losing the weight firstly for myself, secondly for my children and other half, and thirdly to go back to dancing (hopefully competitively). I have 120/130 lbs to lose. It's going to be a hard journey!
  • kamoore06
    kamoore06 Posts: 68 Member
    Down 5lbs this week :)
    My April goal is 10lb so that takes some pressure off!

I haven't introduced myself. I'm Catherine, I'm 24 and mum of 2, I'm running a small business from home as a seamstress while the kids are young, then I plan to go back into law. I'm losing the weight firstly for myself, secondly for my children and other half, and thirdly to go back to dancing (hopefully competitively). I have 120/130 lbs to lose. It's going to be a hard journey!

Welcome to the team and way to go!!
  • kamoore06
    How did everyones weekend go?
  • gilesmercer
    gilesmercer Posts: 6 Member
    kamoore06 wrote: »

Challenging but good weekend!!

Watched the rugby (without having a beer), Kids went for a weekend at their aunty, which would normally be an excuse to go out for a meal and a few drinks (instead we stayed in and I ate healthily (steak and salad), whilst watching my wife demolish steak, fries, banoffee pie and wine).

Went in to the office on Sunday to catch up, wife went horse riding, then came back with kids and McDonalds (just to test me!).

Passed test!

• Linziyo
    Linziyo Posts: 25 Member

Watched the rugby (without having a beer), Kids went for a weekend at their aunty, which would normally be an excuse to go out for a meal and a few drinks (instead we stayed in and I ate healthily (steak and salad), whilst watching my wife demolish steak, fries, banoffee pie and wine).

Went in to the office on Sunday to catch up, wife went horse riding, then came back with kids and McDonalds (just to test me!).

Passed test!

Great job, giles! I would have such a hard time with that. I am so glad that my husband is on board with me. I would totally fail if I had to watch him gorge! My kids got Mcdonalds last week and ate it in the car while we had a longer drive and I kept thinking "omg that smells so good" even though I've never even been a huge fan! Every little thing can be a challenge.

My weekend was good. I worked out everyday and can barely move this morning! I planned on doing some strength training this afternoon, but I think I am going to just have to go for a light walk instead to let my muscles recoop. I had a cheat meal on Sunday night (date night) and we went and got cheeseburgers. I couldn't even eat half of mine, even though I've been known to basically destroy this burger in the past. Amazing how my appetite has changed.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the week ahead! I've got a bachelorette party on friday night and an event next Saturday that will be very testing!

Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Wow you guys are all doing awesome! Sorry I wasn't on this weekend - was away most of the time. Everyone is doing such an amazing job. We are so going to rock this challenge. I have already worked out 4 days this week - just walking and light arm exercises but it is something.
  • kat1e0
    kat1e0 Posts: 14 Member

Passed test!

I have a real problem with my spouse drinking wine and beer when I am trying not to drink. To me it would be so much easier if we did not have any in the house. I find that once I have a couple of drinks my willpower is gone.

I did have a good week though. I tracked everything and walked 6 out of 7 days. I am hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

Go TEAM!
  • chelekaz
    Alcohol can sometimes be our biggest challenge! I know I love a glass of wine sometimes after the kids go to bed. I do have a few bottles so I put them on the bottom shelf in my pantry - alllll the way in the back. I cannot easily get down on the floor (well, actually getting back up is the challenge) so I know that I will not be "sneaking" any. Instead I keep ice cold bottles of water in the fridge (driving my husband nuts because our fridge has the water / ice dispenser built in but I like ICE cold water. Throw in some sugar free flavoring and delish. :)
  • pups3mom
    pups3mom Posts: 94 Member
    Hello. Will power is the game right now for me. I have a freezer filled with everyone's (but mine) favorite Klondike bars. It's been a good test. I am really trying to watch my daily nutrient intakes, especially sugar, sodium and saturated fats. So glad the calorie count is high for 1 bar, 230+, depending on type and that's too much to spend on a quick sweet fix on a 1200 calorie goal. Happy with my food choices over the past few weeks (minus Easter of course, jellybeans were calling me) and trying to make conscious effort to choice wisely . Glad to be in challenge to help keep me on track:)
  • megaen29
    megaen29 Posts: 95 Member
    Very excited for a 1.4 lb loss this week. Managed to get a workout in six days this week. My energy is up and my food is on track. Im feeling good :)
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi Team The Bod Squad!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

tld1j708mpvw.jpg
  • kamoore06
    Im happy with my results this week. I lost 3.8lbs!!
  • chelekaz
    Im happy with my results this week. I lost 3.8lbs!!

That is fantastic! Keep up the great work!
  • chelekaz
    Hi Team The Bod Squad!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

tld1j708mpvw.jpg

I love this idea!
  • chelekaz
    Good Morning! So... How is everyone doing on the mini challenge of working out 5 days?

We are nearly at the end of our first week and I am so proud of what all of you are accomplishing. And if you didn't lose a pound this week ... It's ok. Just keeping working hard and you will succeed. This is my 3rd? 7th? 20th? Attempt in 7 years ... And guess what? I finally got it this time.... And you can too. Lean on your team mates if you are struggling or just want extra encouragement.
  • chelekaz
    Just worked out today. 40 minutes on the elliptical B)

That is awesome! After my leg surgery (real bad fractures in left leg a few years ago) I can't do the elliptical anymore.... Gave mine to my little sister. So... that means that I get to live vicariously through YOUR elliptical workout! :wink:
  • mackaylc
    mackaylc Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks for the reminder @chelekaz :) I will include my weekly weight in the Weigh-in thread, but wanted to say here that I lost 1.2 pds. I'll take it!
  • chelekaz
    mackaylc wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder @chelekaz :) I will include my weekly weight in the Weigh-in thread, but wanted to say here that I lost 1.2 pds. I'll take it!

That is great!! Keep up the great work.
  • chelekaz
    Hey Team - week 1 is going awesome.

So what should we do for week 2 mini challenge to keep up motivated and moving?? Taking all suggestions. :smiley:
  • kamoore06
    Week 1 has been good. Did 5 miles today!!