April Goals Thread

Options
cmchandler74
cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
Time to list them up just in time for the rainy season!

Replies

• cmchandler74
    Options
    My goals for this month:
    1. Go up a weight bar in my Muscle Max class.
    2. Figure out camping-friendly food options for our Spring Break trip - and stick to them.
    3. Hit my step count (set at 12,000) at least 5 out of 7 days in the week.
    4. Keep up with consistent training for C210K.
    5. Keep with healthy snacking - no junk!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    +Biking for lunch, when weather permits. Get bike repaired so it's less of a health-hazard.
    +Gym (or outside running/biking), no more excuses, with or without the woman.
    +Cut out weekday drinking, again.
    +Stop talking about it, and start actively following the Keto WOE, after my 5 day pouch test.
    +5 day pouch test begins Monday 4/4.

+Also NSV goal: Buy some freaking workout clothes that fit. It's hard to run wearing XL shorts, when you really need a Medium. Drawstring cinched tight as it gets, and I still have to run with my gut forced out.

I think that's enough for now.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! I joined mid-March and hadn't set goals, so I've been waiting for this post! THANKS!

1. Do the daily core challenge I picked from a group on Facebook
    2. Do the plank challenge alongside the core challenge (glutton, but oh well!)
    3. Continue to follow my new exercise regimen. I was told to cut down, and it's working, so as tempting as it is to do MORE...I cannot. (five days a week, 10min warm-up, weights *time varies based on muscle group*, and 35 minutes on the treadmill in my fat burn zone)
    4. Keep planning meals to my macros instead of calories. I lost SIX pounds this week, so it's working!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    The company I work for has a wellness program and I have been assigned a coach. I set some goals with him, and I also set some personal goals for myself, this is a combination of both -

1. Cardio - minimum 5 times a week, minimum 45 minutes.
    2. Strength training routine that I got from my trainer - 3 times a week.
    3. Attend lunchtime yoga at work (they have it twice a week).
    4. Log my food EVERY day, even on weekends (which is when I tend to get a little sloppy).
    5. Exercise outside at least once a week.
    6. Finally go on a Sunday morning hike with my friend's hiking group.
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    WOOHOO! I joined mid-March and hadn't set goals, so I've been waiting for this post! THANKS!

Don't EVER let that stop you! I tend to be a week-to-week person, so I usually check in weekly with my progress anyway. Might as well throw in whenever you're able. We don't stand on ceremony. :smiley:
  • arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My goal is
    1) drink 50 ounces water daily
    2) walk 3 times a week for at least 20 minutes
    3)only eat dinner out once in April.
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Month 2 of my new life! Woohoo!

1. Pay more attention to my liquids and drink my 64 oz every day
    2. Eat only at meal times or scheduled snacks, no more impulse snacking
    3. Hit my 10,000 steps at least 4 days per week
    4. Buy a bike and relearn how to ride! (It's probably been 12 years since I've been on a bike)

Bring it on, April! I'm ready for you!
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    1. Keep walking! Hit 10,000 steps at least 4 days a week.
    2. Purchase dorky hand weights to use while doing walk away the pound videos for those days when it's rainy or can't escape my children ;)
    3. Find vitamins that don't make me nauseous!
    4. Drink more water!
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. 10lbs this month
    2. water, water, and more water
    3. more exercise
    4. more sleep
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sounds pathetic but I would like to be able to walk at least 2 miles by the end of April. I am still pre-op and 170 lbs over weight.
  • MrsDreamer1974
    MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    +Biking for lunch, when weather permits. Get bike repaired so it's less of a health-hazard.
    +Gym (or outside running/biking), no more excuses, with or without the woman.
    +Cut out weekday drinking, again.
    +Stop talking about it, and start actively following the Keto WOE, after my 5 day pouch test.
    +5 day pouch test begins Monday 4/4.

+Also NSV goal: Buy some freaking workout clothes that fit. It's hard to run wearing XL shorts, when you really need a Medium. Drawstring cinched tight as it gets, and I still have to run with my gut forced out.

I think that's enough for now.

What is a 5 day pouch test?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Sounds pathetic but I would like to be able to walk at least 2 miles by the end of April. I am still pre-op and 170 lbs over weight.

Not pathetic at all! When I started this whole process, I had a hard time walking at all. Setting a goal to walk 2 miles is awesome! We all have to start somewhere. Good luck with your goal :-)

• lizzieloo934
    lizzieloo934 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My goals:

-Exercise 3x per month
    -Try 2 new recipes
    -Keep up the running intervals
    -Focus more on set eating times and less mindless eating in front of the television
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Be 150 or less by my 40th birthday in 3 weeks.

Run a 10k on aforementioned 40th birthday in 60 minutes or less.

Drink less coffee.
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    Soooo.... I'm not doing so well this month so far.
    My goals for this month:
    1. Go up a weight bar in my Muscle Max class.
    This has not worked out well for me because of personal issues (my car broke down and my gym is not within walking distance). Can't move up if you can't attend. :disappointed:
    2. Figure out camping-friendly food options for our Spring Break trip - and stick to them.
    We leave Sunday. We have already menu planned, and I think I'm good on this one.
    3. Hit my step count (set at 12,000) at least 5 out of 7 days in the week.
    I've been able to walk in the park near my house (yay daylight savings!) so I'm on track with this goal.
    4. Keep up with consistent training for C210K.
    See above - being in the park means better opportunities for C210K training.
    5. Keep with healthy snacking - no junk!
    I backslid on this one this week. The big problem (besides my lack of willpower, obviously) is we keep the evil tempting snack around for my kiddo. I discussed replacing it with something less tempting and/or healthier with my husband this morning, so hopefully our vacation on Sunday will be a good jolting period to break the habit and get away from it entirely.

How's everyone else doing?
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    1. Do the daily core challenge I picked from a group on Facebook
    -- Doing good. I got this one, easy peasy.

2. Do the plank challenge alongside the core challenge (glutton, but oh well!)
    -- Yeah, we'll see. I think this one is above me. I'll do it, but MODIFIED.

3. Continue to follow my new exercise regimen. I was told to cut down, and it's working, so as tempting as it is to do MORE...I cannot. (five days a week, 10min warm-up, weights *time varies based on muscle group*, and 35 minutes on the treadmill in my fat burn zone)
    -- Got this! It helps having the gym on the way home. And, I love my trainer and all the others. Constant encouragement.

4. Keep planning meals to my macros instead of calories. I lost SIX pounds this week, so it's working!
    -- Yup. Ending my cycle, usually I get the water weight off in about 10 days. Today is day 8 and I'm down a pound. I lost an inch on my waist this week, even with the bloat. So far so good!

We got this! Keep it up everyone!

• krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

1. Pay more attention to my liquids and drink my 64 oz every day
    * Been paying more attention and getting to 64 oz, but sometimes not until late at night.
    2. Eat only at meal times or scheduled snacks, no more impulse snacking
    * Still working on this one. Trying to think ahead and plan snacks if I'm going to be out and about. Still hard to break the habit of grabbing things as I walk through the kitchen.
    3. Hit my 10,000 steps at least 4 days per week
    * Making progress. Some days even when I work out I don't make 10,000 steps. But improving weather means more opportunities to get outside which should help.
    4. Buy a bike and relearn how to ride! (It's probably been 12 years since I've been on a bike)
    * going bike shopping this friday! I'm excited and a little overwhelmed. There's so many different types and options.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Finally I am just ONE POUND away from goal. Started at 290 and want to be 145. I may drop another 5-10 for good measure but I'm very comfortable where I'm at.

1. Gym or outdoor run - minimum 5 times a week
    2. Strength training - adding something new each week (focus on inner thighs this month)
    3. Drink more water and go back to protein shakes for breakfast (Mon-Fri)
    4. Log my food more consistently
    5. Smile more and be grateful for where I'm at TODAY with my health
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    update

1. Gym or outdoor run - minimum 5 times a week - DOING IT!!
    2. Strength training - adding something new each week (focus on inner thighs this month) -NEEDS IMPROVEMENT!
    3. Drink more water and go back to protein shakes for breakfast (Mon-Fri) - GETTING THERE
    4. Log my food more consistently - YES!
    5. Smile more and be grateful for where I'm at TODAY with my health - DEFINITELY GRATEFUL - TOMORROW I WILL SMILE (It's Monday)