April Goals Thread

Options
2»

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    1. Do the daily core challenge I picked from a group on Facebook
    -- Doing good. I'm a few days behind, but I'll do them all and catch up.

2. Do the plank challenge alongside the core challenge (glutton, but oh well!)
    -- HA! I try to do a plank every few days and see how long I can hold it. I'm up to 90 seconds before I feel my form drop. This challenge, however, was way above me. I stopped even looking at it, and just decided to hold a plank.

3. Continue to follow my new exercise regimen. I was told to cut down, and it's working, so as tempting as it is to do MORE...I cannot. (five days a week, 10min warm-up, weights *time varies based on muscle group*, and 35 minutes on the treadmill in my fat burn zone)
    -- We've officially moved into building muscle. I think my trainer takes pleasure in finding new ways to torture me. This has not been a problem. I do my five days happily.

4. Keep planning meals to my macros instead of calories.
    -- Yup. I have been inputting all my food the night before to make sure I'm on point and can add things as needed, instead of being shocked in the morning or the end of the day.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    1. Go up a weight bar in my Muscle Max class.
    Yeah. You have to attend the class for this to happen. I'm going for the first time in two weeks today so we'll see.

2. Figure out camping-friendly food options for our Spring Break trip - and stick to them.
    Nailed this! Yay! I did indulge a little but I was mindful of what I ate and I continued to exercise while there (it's easy when you're at a state park - the natural beauty just begs for you to take a walk in it. That said, it's hard to tell your six year old kid who has never camped before that you won't eat a s'more with him, but I stuck to ONE.

3. Hit my step count (set at 12,000) at least 5 out of 7 days in the week.
    More or less hitting this one. At least 4 days, usually 5.

4. Keep up with consistent training for C210K.
    Still doing well with this one. I'm on week 11 day 1.

5. Keep with healthy snacking - no junk!
    Doing pretty well with this one post-vacation.
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    hey everyone just joined this group and had RYN on 12-30-15

Goals:

1. increase my protein intake
    2. increase water intake
    3. increase physical activity.
    4. get a support system
    5. find good healthy snacks
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Be 150 or less by my 40th birthday in 3 weeks.

Run a 10k on aforementioned 40th birthday in 60 minutes or less.

Drink less coffee.

Failing on all accounts...lol...and completely okay with it. We'll see how the 10k goes tomorrow; I strained my hamstring and I've been resting it.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Soooo... tying up my April goals (May goals thread is now posted!):
    1. Go up a weight bar in my Muscle Max class.
    Got this one, finally. Been lifting on heavier bars for the last two classes. Struggling some with biceps with the heavy bar, but it'll come.
    2. Figure out camping-friendly food options for our Spring Break trip - and stick to them.
    Nailed this one. Actually lost weight the week we were gone. Grilling lean protein over campfires will do that, I suppose.
    3. Hit my step count (set at 12,000) at least 5 out of 7 days in the week.
    I was kind of loosey goosey with this one. I'd say I probably hit about 3-4 days out of the week.
    4. Keep up with consistent training for C210K.
    I'm struggling with an issue with pain in my hips that's making me back off this a bit. Going to try to get it checked out sometime today with my doc.
    5. Keep with healthy snacking - no junk!
    I bombed abysmally on this. Ritz Cheetos Cheese crackers have been my downfall. They are now banished from my home. Evil things.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    1. Do the daily core challenge I picked from a group on Facebook
    -- Yeah, I'm about 3 days behind. I don't see me finishing...but I'll try!

2. Do the plank challenge alongside the core challenge (glutton, but oh well!)
    -- Topped out at 90 seconds. Hold that every few days. Will keep trying to improve that.

3. Continue to follow my new exercise regimen. I was told to cut down, and it's working, so as tempting as it is to do MORE...I cannot. (five days a week, 10min warm-up, weights *time varies based on muscle group*, and 35 minutes on the treadmill in my fat burn zone)
    -- Got this down. Five days no matter what. Trainer still gets sick joy out of finding new ways to torture me.

4. Keep planning meals to my macros instead of calories.
    -- Been AWESOME for gym days. May goal is to start working on weekends.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    The company I work for has a wellness program and I have been assigned a coach. I set some goals with him, and I also set some personal goals for myself, this is a combination of both -

1. Cardio - minimum 5 times a week, minimum 45 minutes.
    2. Strength training routine that I got from my trainer - 3 times a week.
    3. Attend lunchtime yoga at work (they have it twice a week).
    4. Log my food EVERY day, even on weekends (which is when I tend to get a little sloppy).
    5. Exercise outside at least once a week.
    6. Finally go on a Sunday morning hike with my friend's hiking group.

I have been pretty good with all of this except for the strength training, I have been getting in two workouts a week, and the Sunday morning hike (it's really hard to get up early when I go out on a Saturday night!!!)