Team: Die Lard

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Ok team, I just logged a 2.8# loss for the week! This is the biggest weekly loss I've had in quite awhile - thank you!!!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    bpkal wrote: »
    Started Feb 2nd; starting weight 209. Down 26.x as of this morning.

This is really great!
  • dixedreg
    Ugh! I did it. It's done for the day. 1 hr workout in the books. I can't remember the last time I did that!
  • dixedreg
    Ok team, I just logged a 2.8# loss for the week! This is the biggest weekly loss I've had in quite awhile - thank you!!!
    Nice!

• silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member

Excellent! I had lost 4 pounds, but after the bbq probably gained one back. I will be putting my weight in wed. Before my trip. Hopefully I will have lost it! Fingers crossed!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    dixedreg wrote: »
    Ugh! I did it. It's done for the day. 1 hr workout in the books. I can't remember the last time I did that!

Excellent!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn

Excellent! I had lost 4 pounds, but after the bbq probably gained one back. I will be putting my weight in wed. Before my trip. Hopefully I will have lost it! Fingers crossed!

Chug, chug, chug-a-lug that water, it'll help flush the extra sodium through. ;)
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Sound off!
    It's 1:30-ish in sunny California and lunch today will be chicken and a loaded green salad. Water intake so far... Could be better @ 32 oz. Today's exercise will be Body Beast: back and biceps, 45 minute walk and Buns of Steel step aerobics. Yea. I'm bringing back the 90's and having fun doing it!
    How is everyone's day so far??
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    Sound off!
    It's 1:30-ish in sunny California and lunch today will be chicken and a loaded green salad. Water intake so far... Could be better @ 32 oz. Today's exercise will be Body Beast: back and biceps, 45 minute walk and Buns of Steel step aerobics. Yea. I'm bringing back the 90's and having fun doing it!
    How is everyone's day so far??

You are working it! I took the dog for a two mile walk this morning. Most of my day has been spent cleaning house and doing laundry. However, I am marching in place anytime I find myself standing still- doing dishes, folding laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. I've got almost 8500 steps so far today! I plan to do some time on my mini elliptical machine before the day is thru. I also did some food prep – scrambled eggs for breakfast, and vegetable beef soup for lunches this week. I'll have to figure out dinner tomorrow evening – no more time today in the kitchen.
  • fancnanc1
    fancnanc1 Posts: 6 Member
    Since I just started and weighed in a couple of days ago, my Sunday weigh in is 205#. For the challenge, I am down one pound. I began logging on MFP three weeks ago and have lost 12#!! Oops- now 13:) So glad I found the discussion boards!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Wow - this is a great team. Love all the support being offered. Love hearing about what everyone is doing to "move forward." Love the losses posted! Here is to another good Die Lard week - whether just getting started or moving it up a notch!
  • Kayak97
    bpkal wrote: »
    Wow - this is a great team. Love all the support being offered. Love hearing about what everyone is doing to "move forward." Love the losses posted! Here is to another good Die Lard week - whether just getting started or moving it up a notch!

You are so right! We do have a great team with enthusiastic and encouraging members! Thanks to all for getting us started on a terrific experience!
  • Kayak97
    TEAM REMINDER: Serendipity0913 would like for us to post our weekly weigh-ins under the discussion thread:

<Biggest Loser Challenge> Announcements <***Week 1 Weigh-in Results (Submit between Apr 2 - Apr8)***>.

Please copy and paste the following into a new message and fill in your information:

Username:
    Team Name: Die Lard
    Weight:

This will make it easy for her to find all of the data that she will be adding to the spreadsheet.

Thanks ya'll!
  • Kayak97
    fancnanc1 wrote: »
    Since I just started and weighed in a couple of days ago, my Sunday weigh in is 205#. For the challenge, I am down one pound. I began logging on MFP three weeks ago and have lost 12#!! Oops- now 13:) So glad I found the discussion boards!

Hello Nancy! Thanks so much for getting your info in on time! Would you please post it again on the <Week 1 Weigh-In> discussion? That's where Serendipity0913 will be looking for the information to add to the spreadsheet. (See my above post for more details.) Thanks so much! You're seeing excellent results from all of your hard work! High Five!
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Good morning everyone :smile:

This morning was a bit rough, OH got a call out in the middle of the night. The dog, OH and I were restless for the entire night, ended up sleeping through my workout alarms :tired_face: A lil monday morning reminder; as well as keeping an eye on your food and making sure you're active, please get a good nights rest as it does help you resisting sugary things for energy whilst it also gives you the willpower to get moving!

I will not use this as an excuse and will be trialling Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred which is on youtube after the dogs walk this evening :smiley: Has anyone had a crack at it, heard some good things about it.

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn seriously huge congratulations on the loss, love how determined you are!

@Kayak97 couldn't locate your username so feel free to add me via //www.fitbit.com/user/4FFQGV and the same to all the other fitbit users, love the idea of doing some weekly challenges with you all.

@fancnanc1 Congrats on the loss, patience, perseverance and persistence are key!

• Kayak97
    Good morning!! A bite of inspiration to go with your morning coffee:

"Accomplishments don't come from your physical self but your mental self. True success comes from within your heart and mind - not from your quads and biceps." - Blaine Cotter, Season 7, The Biggest Loser

Enjoy an awesome day and a great start to the week!
  • dixedreg
    @gethntysear 30 Day shred is pretty good. Just know that by day 7 I had to do it with the volume off because the sound of her voice would make me irrationally angry! LOL

I'm so tired, but I'm going to get my workout in right now.

Happy Monday Everyone!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I wrote a post last night and deleted it by accident, was too tired to rewrite.

Thank you so much for the support and encouragement team.

Mimi@ great advice of focusing on one thing; as to not get overwhelmed. I decided to focus on exercise and water this week. I am going to log my food, because last week I told my sister I would log my food with her this week. But I will not stress about the food this week.

Misalillstead@ I will work on releasing the guilt for screwing up and move on, good advice.

Kayak97@ thanks, I will think positive thoughts. negative thought are not useful anyway.

I started feeling better after reading the encouraging post yesterday and today I feel even better. I will be going to the gym tonight after work.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Shay
  • Kayak97
    Hello everyone,
    I wrote a post last night and deleted it by accident, was too tired to rewrite.

Thank you so much for the support and encouragement team.

Mimi@ great advice of focusing on one thing; as to not get overwhelmed. I decided to focus on exercise and water this week. I am going to log my food, because last week I told my sister I would log my food with her this week. But I will not stress about the food this week.

Misalillstead@ I will work on releasing the guilt for screwing up and move on, good advice.

Kayak97@ thanks, I will think positive thoughts. negative thought are not useful anyway.

I started feeling better after reading the encouraging post yesterday and today I feel even better. I will be going to the gym tonight after work.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Shay

High Five, Shay! You've got this!
  • chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi team! Glad we got in - whew, it was close!!

You can call me Mimi - I've been "the fat girl" my entire life. Christmas of 2014 I experienced chest pains that were my wake up call. I started LCHF January 12, 2015 and haven't looked back. My all time highest known weight was 409#. Today I am 236. My ultimate goal is to range between 170-180, I think. I won't know until I get there! My family has a Florida trip planned for January, 2017 and I'd like to get as close to goal as possible for that! I'm also shooting for onederland by mid-August... lofty goals, but doable!

I am 53, married, empty nester and have one daughter, one grandson and one very spoiled senior golden retriever mix. I work part time in an office where the most exercise I get is walking to get a cup of coffee. :s I've completed c25k, am working on b210k and want to run a half marathon in October (though it may be Oct., 2017). Running and walking are my only forms of exercise now as I don't belong to a gym.

Looking forward to meeting you all and rocking this month! Let's Die Lard With a Vengeance!!!

Nice to meet you, Mimi - congrats on all the weight you've lost so far!!!