Team: The Slimsons

Replies

• dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    carrie1829 wrote: »
    Congratulations everyone on our first successful week!

Today, I was out all day. I started with the gym this morning followed up by 2 different walks. It is a balmy 35 degrees here but I am finding nature so beautiful in the snow! I ended my day with 17,305 steps and 127 active minutes. Pretty good start to my week! Ended my day playing The Voice on the Xbox 360 with my fam.

Hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday!!!

Very nice Carrie.
  • dillyg08
    Happy Sunday Slimsons. We did pretty good on our first challenge. I checked out the results and we came in 5th. We can only improve from here on out.

Day 2 on the challenge. I did very good yesterday as I was stuck in the house doing some cleaning. I accumulated so much steps up and down my stairs all day long. No junk for me ate left overs.

Good luck Slimsons. <3
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Wow! What an awesome job we did in Week 1! We had a combined total (All Teams) of 262.4 lbs!!! Amazing!

Here's this week's WINNERS:

Biggest Loser TEAM
    1st - Gutbusters - 1.23%
    2nd - The Bod Squad - 1.04%
    3rd - Dude, Where's My Gut - 0.88%

Biggest Loser INDIVIDUAL
    1st - Shalynlink-Gutbusters - 3.13%
    2nd - Nerdishgirl3-Thin It To Win It - 2.73%
    3rd - robinred2-The Bod Squad - 2.71%

Those close behind were: Mlays005, Sherriediva1, Courtney4805, wahagent05, kbrunner2, matthewsfive and NorwegianGuy

Top Individuals on Each Team:

Mission Slimpossible
    1st - emaemili2 - 1.75%
    2nd - yangjoma - 1.23%
    3rd - DawnArchieAndJacksMummy - 1.09%

The Big Butt Theory
    1st -Mlays005 - 2.39%
    2nd -christinagillette - 1.98%
    3rd - SweeteeBri - 0.76%

Thin It To Win It
    1st - Nerdishgirl3 - 2.73%
    2nd - wahagent05 - 2.12%
    3rd - 303lissy - 1.45%

Dude, Where's My Gut
    1st - JordisTSM - 1.83%
    2nd - cynbet69 - 1.73%
    3rd - W8ingforthesun - 1.72%

Withering A Weigh
    1st - Courtney4805 - 2.19%
    2nd - Lshona - 1.94%
    3rd - melanieleasure - 1.65%

The Slimsons
    1st - Karen_thinmint - 1.76%
    2nd - dillyg08 - 1.38%
    3rd - Suzmom23 - 1.28%

Die Lard
    1st - gethntysear - 1.90%
    2nd - GotToBeMe11 - 1.31%
    3rd - kayak97 - 1.29%

Run Track Minds
    1st - kbrunner2 - 2.12%
    2nd - matthewsfive - 2.02%
    3rd - NorwegianGuy - 2.01%

The Bod Squad
    1st - robinred2 - 2.71%
    2nd - CatherineElizabeth13 - 1.97%
    3rd - kamoore06 - 1.92%

Gutbusters
    1st - Shalynlink - 3.13%
    2nd - Sherriediva1 - 2.22%
    3rd - Bex800 - 1.86%

The Top 10 in the most pounds lost:
    1) Mlays05 - 8.1 lbs
    2) Nerdishgirl3 - 7.0 lbs
    3) Courtney4805 - 6.6 lbs
    4) NorwegianGuy - 5.3 lbs
    5) kbrunner2 - 5.2 lbs
    6) TIE between CatherineElizabeth13, Linzyo and Jose2716 - 5.0 lbs
    7) JordisTSM - 4.8 lbs
    8) robinred2 - 4.6 lbs
    9) matthewsfive - 4.4 lbs
    10)Sherriediva1 - 4.3 lbs

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL!! Let's try to beat our numbers next week. Good luck Everyone!!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    What a great first week team. Would be even more amazing if we make it into the top three next time.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    I see some great posts for our team mini challenge, keep up the good work.

Today I did gym and swim and an hour and a half walk. And no junk food still. Determined to stick to my calorie limit this week and to do my best for the team.
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    Took a cold walk at the beach today. Felt great to get out! uaskdqhrf20g.jpg

I am working on my Allrecipes.com assignments this month and came up with a Peanut Butter Fluff Banana bite... hope that is not considered junk food! But I have to get it done. vg5nyltyv7an.jpg

• dillyg08
    My daughter is doing outdoor track in school. I accompanied her to the track for her exercise and I end up jogging 4 miles. Cooked dinner today. Still no junk.
  • dillyg08
    Carrie those bites look yummy:')
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member

@dillyg08 - 4 miles? That is awesome! They were yummy and not horrendous on calories! Which is a win for me! Lol
  • dillyg08
    carrie1829 wrote: »
    @dillyg08 - 4 miles? That is awesome! They were yummy and not horrendous on calories! Which is a win for me! Lol

Oh yeah, 16 laps around the track. I was tired, but felt good about my accomplishments.

Now that's a win win. I found the secret to weight loss is eat what you want, but in moderation. Portion control is key.
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    Great first week everyone! 4 miles Bev? Amazing! Your bites look really good Carrie, and that walk looks really invigorating. What a great workout Mary and a great plan.
    My weigh-in is tomorrow. I had one day that could have been better but it wasnt horrendous. I expect a good weigh in.
  • thefletchhh
    thefletchhh Posts: 22 Member
    Hello All,

Sorry I don't check the page that often, it's been a very busy week for me at work!

I love the idea of the mini challenges in our team per week. One week without junk food sounds great, though I will have to start from today as I may have had a cheeky cheat meal of chinese food yesterday evening (OOPS!)

Those bites look amazing Carrie!

• musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2016
    This morning was my weigh in for week 2 and for week 2 I lost 1.1 lbs :)

Last week I gained weight but this week I lost weight! :)

I have been working out for 2 weeks straight to the 21 day fix.

I have also been horseback riding twice a week and going to cheerleading and gymnastics once a week! :)
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    I just posted my weigh in for week 2; 6 lbs lost! I'm over the moon! I'm going to work really hard this week to have at least a 6 lb loss next week. I think I can do it!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Those bites look so good Carrie, are you able to share the recipe.

Musicfan4life30 great loss, keep up the good work.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Wow Mary (@doitnow0216) what an amazing loss this week. 6lbs is excellent for you and great for the team too, thank you.
  • dillyg08
    Way to go Slimsons, so much to celebrate here. Keep up the awesome job.

Day three staying the course on the mini challenge. Going walking after work. It's nice outside.
  • vbugsmom
    vbugsmom Posts: 28 Member
    So far I have been really good not eating junk food. I have also been meeting my step goal. I have not really been exercising as much as I would like to. My back has been giving me problems the last 3 weeks. I'm missing the gym so much.
  • dillyg08
    vbugsmom wrote: »
    So far I have been really good not eating junk food. I have also been meeting my step goal. I have not really been exercising as much as I would like to. My back has been giving me problems the last 3 weeks. I'm missing the gym so much.

No worries, every little bit counts. I know people who loose weight by just changing their eating habits. Hope your back problems will resolve soon, so you can get back to your exercises.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    @vbugsmom sorry to hear your back is giving you problems. Focusing on hitting your step goal is a great way to keep moving whilst the gym is not an option, keep it up.