Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I went to the Doctors today, and had blood drawn for all my labs plus one for hormone levels. As for my falling in February, he thinks it was a sudden drop in my blood pressure from my quick movement, I was making. I weighed 185.8 at the Doctors dressed, and then weighed as soon as I got home. My scale weighs a pound higher. I will get back in the 170's, winter has not been good for me. I have been eating more sweets, which I normally don't do very much. I found a chocolate cookie dough candy that has me addicted, 24 calories an egg. I gave a bag to my daughter to get them out of here, I still have some on hand, though. I am done buying them.
    I weigh my meat after it is cooked, because of the shrinkage after cooking.
    I hope everyone is doing good. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight sorry it is blurry but My arms get to shaking and I guess that make it blurry But it was ood and very filling It consist of mash bake potatoes corn and black beans salsa, my Mexican pizza i want to make an Italian pizza for dinner tomorrow But got to figure out how with using a potato. Something will come up
    i did change my dinner up some but still stay in the plan.

I am giving myself of being real strict for next 10 days. nine days now
    Marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello every. Just checking in. Got a little behind so I only read todays posts. Looks like everyones doing pretty well. Concrats Connie on the consistant weight loss. Well last week was awesome. I had an interview and was hired immediately after the interview for a teaching potion for next school year. I haven't lost any more weight yet but a friend challenge me to do the 10 day green smoothie detox so I started that today.

Have any of you done the green smoothie detox?
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @Sunnyfarm..many congrats on your teaching position! What grade? No, I have not done the green smoothie detox. I did a liquid diet years ago, and it is not my favorite thing to do! Good luck!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Not me either Sunnyfarm I am on a 10 days potatoes diet at this time. I forgot to post my dinner last night so do it now,
    mash potaoes, Corn, black bean salsa Very filling. I weigh 186/3 yessterday morning nad 184.8 this this morning. this morning baked sweet potato, Black bean and corn salsa chopped Texas sweet onions1/2 cup Coffee and water. See you later after Walmart shopping.
    Marie

a7cloh3fyhye.jpg

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Jerry and I went and got our grocer shopping done. absolutely not a thing that is on my off list. I did fine a Olive garden salad dressing in the full fat and the light version. I will mix the light dressing with some fat free ranch dressing to put over my Bake potato tonight. I always love their dressing so was quite please to fine it at Walmart this morning. For breakfast I had A baked sweet potatoes , some corn and black beans salsa Lunch I tempted to make a potatoes Pizza It was pretty good Did not taste exactly like a pizza but enjoy it never the less. Getting pretty good at doctoring these spuds up .But I love potatoes so it is pretty easy. Just hope I get to losing on it/ I did lose 1.3 overnight from yesterday Morning. But will see if the hole up to a lost later this week.

Alice and her step daughter is planning on a surprise birthday party for her Husband Jim. He as 5 kids all live out of town but the one daughter So don't know if they all can make it or not. We are meeting at a Mexican Cafe. this will take place in June.

see you later
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I got my bloodwork results back and everything good, other than total cholesterol. My triglycerides were down to 73 from 134 last year, so alot better and my good cholesterol is up to 89 from 72, and that is better. My bad cholesterol is 179 up alittle from 166. The total cholesterol is 283 up from 265. I dont understand how the other 2 are better and just one bad to raise the total. My sugar was 96, kidney and liver good, white cells, right in the middle, so good overall, pretty happy with the results. He didnt even mention cholesterol medicine this time, so glad of that. I have been worried since I fell and this makes me feel better. I go to the gynocologist the 26th, hopefully that goes good.

I made stuffed peppers, we are going to have them for dinner. I got my furnace motor replaced today, its been acting up again.
    Marie-I really like the corn and black bean salsa from Walmart, I bet it is good on a potato. I love potatoes, too.
    Gotta run. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    congrats Janice on the good lab readings. It will be 3 months before I get another one. But I check my blood sugar 3 times a day and my blood pressure once a day unless i feel bad just to be on the safe side. I have never seen any black bean salsa at Walmart. But it is so easy to make. and I can make it the way I like it. I will have to make some stuff peppers one of these days with rice and beans.That sounds good to me.Since rice and beans are a starch I could have it on this 10 day deal I am sticking too.. I am really surprise at these starches do not raise my blood sugar up.But really glad to know that..

I am baking some sweet potatoes now for tomorrow breakfast. I tried it in the microwave this morning But I like it bake in my toaster oven a lot better.

Have a great night. all.
    Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

just checking in....still working on the healthy cookie but made a great muffin with no sugar, 20g of carbs and 14 g of protein. really yummy:) check back tomorrow! going to help my daughter with geometry and biology.

stephanie

ps. sunny, congrats on the new job, you rock!!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. I'm doing good. Crazy but good. And sometimes crazy is good. Starting tomorrow I will have 2 boys staying here at the house. Music Fest is starting tomorrow. That is where all the high schools in southeast Alaska sent their music students to have a friendly competition between the bands and choirs. Kind of like a battle of the bands for high schoolers. It will last until Saturday night. The kids will have concerts and solos and workshops. Best way to skip 3 days of school.

Esther

Hopefully my posts will post. This app just updated the other day.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies!

The scale is down another .2 and following Connie's lead, I will celebrate it.

I walked last night while my son had soccer practice and wondered why several walkers on the path had on masks. I found out for myself this morning. My head is totally stuffed. I guess the invisible pollen is flowing through the air now.

Not much else to report. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, friends!

Ruthie..the pollen is hard on me, too! Congrats on the loss...every ounce counts.

Marie..your food sounds so good!

Janice..glad you are happy with your labs.

Steph...baking and tasteing has to be hard on you!

I have been to the gym this morning and will get a pedi later. It's cloudy and cool today, but I won't complain.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends,

Congrats Marie and Ruthie on your loss today.

It's rainy and cool today but need to get out today.

Janice, Glad you lab looked good. I will have lab on the 20th and see my doctor on the 27th.

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Day 3
    Yes Connie I agree my foods is good i am losing maybe just water

weight but never the less the scales are down again this morning. Monday weigh in at 185.6 , Tues. at 184,8 Wed. at 181,3 a total of 4.3 for the 3 days.

Breakfast ..... this morning medium baked sweet potatoes with 1/2 cup of black beans and corn salsa
    Lunch .......I will have a potatoes salad with 8 oz of white potato left over from yesterday with dill pickle Texas sweet onions and a dressing I made up yesterday 1 part Fat free ranch and 1 part Garden olive light dressing 1 or 2 T. of it plus a dab of mustard
    Dinner not sure yet
    bring on the potatoes if these potatoes meals get me in the 170's I will have 2 potatoes days a week after my 10 days are up.. So I have 7 more potatoes days left in this round.
    Will be giving my report in the morning good or bad.
    Marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Options
    Hi everybody.

Congrats Ruth and Marie on the weight loss and Janice on the great lab results.

I go back in the district HR today to sign papers. Hopefully I will find out the school placement grade level I will be teaching.

I have a much need day off today. Getting ready to drop my daughter off then time for some relaxing.

Have a great day.
  • Sunnyfarm
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Did you all notice the like and awesome buttons at the bottom of the posts. :) I just noticed.
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Sunny-I just noticed the new awesome button,too. Sometimes we need to tell someone that. You must be excited about the new job, get some well deserved rest.

Esther-The Music Festival sounds like a really fun three days, have a good time.

Maria -Congrats on losing, the potato plan is really working for you. You have done wonderful not eating meat.

Connie-Enjoy your pedi. You deserve it.

Nancy-Good luck on your labs, it seems there's always a doctors app we need to make, I need to go to the dermatologist soon.

Stephanie- and Ruthie-Have a Google day.
    Gotta go Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @CALIECAT...congrats on loss!! (I missed putting it in my post...I was distracted by your food talk.) ;)

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2016
    Options
    But how do we used them
    Janice Meat has never been a problem to me I have never been a big meat eater I do like all the processed meat. I guess because i don't have to cook them. have not cook Jerry any fried chicken since all the fast[ food open up I despise frying chicken. Yes so far the potato diet is working for me. I am holding my breath This is day 3 that I really became serious about it.
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well I was down on the scale today lost 2 pounds this week so I will keep at it. I just hope it doesn't find me. Yes... I noticed the like and awesome buttons but haven't used them as yet. I can also see everyone's diraries again, I think they changed that too.

Yesterday was lunch and shopping with a friend. We ate at an Indian restaurant and still on the fence
    about the food, it was buffet style. We did some shopping after that and it was a rainy day but still fun.

Today was Yoga class and a visit to see my MIL who turned 90 today. I got her a cinnamon bun and
    coffee to enjoy and we will be taking her out to Red Lobster tonight to celebrate her birthday.

Marie - Good luck with 10 plan hope you don't get too bored. Congrats on the continuing weight loss.

Sunny- Congrats on the new position!

Janice - Good stats are always a bonus, just keep doing what you are doing it seems to be working.

Stephanie - My daughter has a recipe for a sugar free cookie with dates, pecans and cocoa and 90%
    dark chocolate, it did taste delicious.

Shirley