Daily check in Thread

Options

Replies

• rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @mscote12, I know!! At that point I am secretly cussing her out, and it does feel like it goes lo her than the other move! My husband says it's because I'm a wimp and all of her dvds are for wimpy girls. Which is funny because he has refused to take me up on my challenge to do a round with me.
  • rumswood
    Options
    ^goes longer not lo her. :smile:
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 7 done - one week yay!
    @rumswood 3 kids under 2, oh my god. I don't know how you survive let alone have the energy to get up extra early! Amazing self discipline!
    Listening to you two I am not looking forward to level 2. I'll try and enjoy these last days of level 1!
  • rumswood
    Options
    smal48 wrote: »
    Day 7 done - one week yay!
    @rumswood 3 kids under 2, oh my god. I don't know how you survive let alone have the energy to get up extra early! Amazing self discipline!
    Listening to you two I am not looking forward to level 2. I'll try and enjoy these last days of level 1!

Lol! Thank you! I will tell you I am so busy it's ridiculous! My twins just turned a year old and they were a surprise pregnancy (&a whole 'nother story, ha.) and my other one is just turned 2 and has special needs, so that's a job in itself. I also have a 7 year old daughter and 14 &13 year old boys. My day typically starts at 3 am to do it before anyone else gets up then my husband gets up for work at 4. After he leaves then I have to start getting kids ready for the bus and the day. Sometimes the littles wake up during workout or before I even get a chance. I lost my workout streak for a couple months because of them and I had an eye injury to deal with, but I started off at 200lbs (5'4) and I have lost 37lbs. I am determined to make my goal of 135ish. I have clothes that miss being worn. Lol. It's mostly because before I had these last three kids, I was in the best physical shape of my life and I was happy there. I spent most of my adult life and as a tern overweight and I don't want to be that anymore. I guess it annoys me because I know what I CAN look like and I want that back.
  • rumswood
    Options
    D4L2. I don't know if it's because have a cold or what, but today totally kicked my butt!
  • smal48
    Options
    rumswood wrote: »

Lol! Thank you! I will tell you I am so busy it's ridiculous! My twins just turned a year old and they were a surprise pregnancy (&a whole 'nother story, ha.) and my other one is just turned 2 and has special needs, so that's a job in itself. I also have a 7 year old daughter and 14 &13 year old boys. My day typically starts at 3 am to do it before anyone else gets up then my husband gets up for work at 4. After he leaves then I have to start getting kids ready for the bus and the day. Sometimes the littles wake up during workout or before I even get a chance. I lost my workout streak for a couple months because of them and I had an eye injury to deal with, but I started off at 200lbs (5'4) and I have lost 37lbs. I am determined to make my goal of 135ish. I have clothes that miss being worn. Lol. It's mostly because before I had these last three kids, I was in the best physical shape of my life and I was happy there. I spent most of my adult life and as a tern overweight and I don't want to be that anymore. I guess it annoys me because I know what I CAN look like and I want that back.

Wow, my head is spinning just reading that! I thought I was busy with my 11 week old and 2 dogs and a cat!!! You're in a different league!
    Having a baby makes me realise how much free time I had before and just wasted. Now just finding 20 minutes before the baby starts crying again is a challenge. But, day 8 done today. Had to use baby as a dumbbell again for the last side lunge things to keep him quiet but we got to the end!
  • saraspring7
    saraspring7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Certainly not my most flattering pics, but I'm excited to see such a change! Finished the shred yesterday and will be starting "Ripped in 30" tonight! zvs5icn30cqt.jpeg
    cprtx8vpebmr.jpeg
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @saraspring7 nice results!! Almost 10 pounds....good for you lady! :)

Today was level 2 day 5...still a wicked challenge. My shoulders are toast by the last circuit lol still feeling good and I'm keepin' on! :smile:
  • smal48
    Options
    Wow congratulations! You look great! Did you notice much change as you went through or was it mostly at the end? I'm day 8 now and I swear my stomach's a bit bigger than it was! I do feel stronger though.
  • mscote12
    Options
    I have a session scheduled with my trainer today....we do a total body workout, so I think that will replace level 2 for today--there is no way I can pull off a double workout with level 2 lol
  • rumswood
    Options
    D5L2. It's still kicking my butt. I think it's because I have a cold but it is really tough on me! And Jillian, you are killing me with the chair squats with V raise. Bane of my existence!
    @smal48. I laughed whe n you said you used your baby for side lunges. That's awesome. I haven't done that yet but I have had to do alot of abs and Cardio with them all over me. Lol.
    @saraspring7. You look great! I can really see a difference! I hope you enjoy RI 30, I did it briefly and it's tough! Alot like the shred with the 3-2-1 though. I just bought BodyShred, and I'm excited to try that. I also own NMTZ, 6W6P, Shred it with weights. (30DS&Ri30) I have formed a love-hate relationship with Jillian. Lol.

• saraspring7
    Options
    mscote12 wrote: »
    @saraspring7 nice results!! Almost 10 pounds....good for you lady! :)

Today was level 2 day 5...still a wicked challenge. My shoulders are toast by the last circuit lol still feeling good and I'm keepin' on! :smile:

Thanks! I'm aiming to get down to 145. Just started "Ripped in 30" last night, so we'll see how it goes!

Good luck on your Shred. Level 2 is so tough with all the plank moves!

• saraspring7
    Options
    smal48 wrote: »
    Wow congratulations! You look great! Did you notice much change as you went through or was it mostly at the end? I'm day 8 now and I swear my stomach's a bit bigger than it was! I do feel stronger though.

Thanks so much!
    The change was pretty gradual, but I don't think it really started happening until about midway through the program. The end of level 2-3 was when I really started noticing it, but it wasn't until I took my results pics and compared that I could tell a significant difference.
    Are you using protein powder? I've read that that can cause bloating. Also, be diligent about water! That helps a lot.
  • saraspring7
    Options
    rumswood wrote: »
    D5L2. It's still kicking my butt. I think it's because I have a cold but it is really tough on me! And Jillian, you are killing me with the chair squats with V raise. Bane of my existence!
    @smal48. I laughed whe n you said you used your baby for side lunges. That's awesome. I haven't done that yet but I have had to do alot of abs and Cardio with them all over me. Lol.
    @saraspring7. You look great! I can really see a difference! I hope you enjoy RI 30, I did it briefly and it's tough! Alot like the shred with the 3-2-1 though. I just bought BodyShred, and I'm excited to try that. I also own NMTZ, 6W6P, Shred it with weights. (30DS&Ri30) I have formed a love-hate relationship with Jillian. Lol.

Thank you! I'm really enthused that the program had such an impact! Day one of R in 30 was a bit challenging, but definitely easier than it would have been had I not done the Shred first. I plan on doing NMTZ after R in 30.
  • rumswood
    Options
    D6L2. Still kicked my butt all over the place, and I truly hate the chair squats with V raise. That is certainly my least favorite move. I am however very glad I was able to get a workout in early because right as I was starting, my son woke up screaming bloody murder but I was able to lay him on my bed and he went back to sleep. Then my twins were stirring around. I am also very glad tomorrow is my rest day. I have been trying to get back on a 6 day a week regimen. I'm already noticing changes. Like my core is tightening up and I swear I ha e biceps forming. ☺
  • rumswood
    Options
    Day 7 level 2 here. Still a challenge. Looking foward to moving to Level 3 this week though.
  • smal48
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 done! Much harder than level 1 - shoulders, arms and legs all shaking! My baby isn't letting me do 20 mins of workout at the moment but I got my dad round to hold him so I didn't have to miss another day. Feel great having done it.
  • mscote12
    Options
    Today will be level 2, day 8....as of right now I have 2 hours left of work and the thought of doing my workout when I get home, makes me roll my eyes lol...but I am really going to push myself to do it...thankfully I am almost out of this level!
  • rumswood
    Options
    D8L2. I don't know why but it's still a hard workout for me. Ugh. Love the burn though. & love the changes I'm seeing in my body. They may not be noticeable to others, but I see them and I'm happy about that. I am looking forward to level 3 and the renegade rows I. that. It was one of my favorite moves on that level.
  • smal48
    Options
    Lvl 2 day 2 done. Sooo hard - I can't get my arms to lift at all on the last set of v raise chair squat things. I'm using 2kg weights and I think I really need slightly lighter ones! Oh well, maybe I'll be able to do it by the end of this level.
    I really like the jumping twist things!

I've got no visible changes yet but I'm def stronger, especially my core.