Breakfast

Options
eileen1934
eileen1934 Posts: 21 Member
Need help for keeping carbs to 20 for breakfast. Really getting fed up with eggs

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I eat a greek yogurt for breakfast. You could add pb for protein. Or eat an ounce of cheese. I usually have the yogurt for breakfast and then 3 hours later I have second breakfast which is usually cheese and berries. Helps me keep from getting too hungry before lunch and keeps my blood sugar stable. I have some plain instant oatmeal that i'm going to try with sugar free syrup that I think will be quite good.
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    How about fruit and cheese? I love apple slices with havarti, cheddar or provolone cheese.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    How about 1 tub (113g) of 1% cottage cheese with 1/4 cup blueberries mixed in and a couple of drops of stevia and a slice of 10g carb bread (I use little big bread by silver hills)...that would give you 19 carbs...eat a couple of blueberries during prep :) It's delish!!!!
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    Another suggestion....grilled cheese made with lower carb while grain bread (same bread as above - 19carbs for 2 slices) a slice of lower far provolone and 18 grams of avocado...it's super yummy and often eat a version of this (multiple times a week) I grill mine w a brush of olive oil. It's filling and delish...I often add a bit of spinach or whatever greens I have and some pesto but it will drive up the carbs slightly.
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    It's a 21g of carb breakfast. Your could reduce the avocado for less carbs.
  • eileen1934
    eileen1934 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all for your breakfast suggestions