Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Results for Gent Wevelgem

cos91yf41hb2.jpg

o2arn129eg7a.png

77d3j4wi6i8o.png

congratulations to the podium placed riders...

In third place Brett @Kupe 68.3km which seemed to not be quite up to his expectations, yet, still scored good points.

In second place once again Graham @BigG59 with yet another strong ride of 70.8km

and in first place, once again is Jill @jillyian with a hilly 73.0km

Many thanks to everyone who rode, and who got their rides "in the book" as soon as possible - and please read the aboce special notice regarding booking rides for the rest of the challenge - I'm afraid I'll have much less time going forward for reminding everyone, so it's only fair to warn you - if you don't get the ride in the logging thread (or PM me with a request) before cut-off time (which I'll try and pre-announce) then you'll miss out on points. Its as simple as that.

On to the overall" leaderboard...

I've colour coded the podium positions as per usual, gold, silver, bronze - and we can see that overall the positions are as follows

In overall Third with 99 points it's Me...(Again, I'm claiming its from consistency)

In overall Second it's Jason @Jakess1971, unchanged on 113 points due to missing a couple of events through illness

And our overall leader with a total of 118 points, is Graham @BigG59 - chapeau!

As always - the full results are available via the logging spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USBZpOdSTdQu0Ia9K3Nh1nwot8aj1I7p8bxlfm_N9JE/edit?usp=sharing
  • TheBigYin
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Results for Ronde van Vlaanderen

iukgkt1dc274.jpg

eogn0efcoizm.png

gtwhmp0url5h.png

In third place Tom @TDSeest with an excellent 70.7km ride, plus quite a few of the "bonus point" add-ons. Chapeau Tom!

In second place Brett @Kupe with a (slightly shortchanged by strava) 117.9km

and in first place, once again Graham @BigG59 with yet another big ride of 119.9km

Many thanks to everyone who rode, and who got their rides "in the book" as soon as possible - it's really appreciated, especially as I'm now in preparation for the Grand Tour Challenges so my free computer time is at a bit of a premium.

On to the "overall" leaderboard...

I've colour coded the podium positions as per usual, gold, silver, bronze - and we can see that overall the positions are as follows

In overall Third, just hanging in there it's Me with 113 points... (I'm still claiming its from consistency)

In overall Second it's Jason @Jakess1971, with 125 points

And our overall leader with a total of 143 points, is Graham @BigG59 - chapeau!

As always - the full results are available via the logging spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USBZpOdSTdQu0Ia9K3Nh1nwot8aj1I7p8bxlfm_N9JE/edit?usp=sharing

• TheBigYin
    Options
    Results for Scheldeprijs

jqeljv0abf7g.jpg

mamgguqtq24w.png

ajiu1ym5jgyb.png

In third place Ruth @ruthbardell with a solid 22.6km ride

In second place Jill @jillyian with a 54.8km spin out

and in first place, once again its Jason @Jakess1971 with his early morning 59.4km before the winds, rain and hailstorms set in...

This was a pretty awful day, weather wise in the UK, so well done to everyone who got out there. And, apologies to everyone who tried to book their rides only to find silly bollocks here hadn't actually opened the submissions thread. My fault entirely, and why the results are being declared a day late - decided to give everyone a bit longer to book in.

In overall Third, just hanging in there it's Me with 113 points... (I'm still claiming its from consistency)

In overall Second with a total of 143 points, is Graham @BigG59

And our overall leader is Jason @Jakess1971, with 143 points...

It's getting tight for the top position on the board at the moment - only 2 points in it... and, with Paris-Roubaix weekend looming, and the possibility for a massive total of 10 bonus points in addition to the ride distance competition, it could make for a very interesting weekend...

• TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    We do have a working windmill here in the flatlands of Illinois in the US, but unfortunately, it is about 3.5 hours away. So, my real challenge is choosing the bonus points that I wish to go after. I can't do the drive to the windmill 2 ways this weekend, and fit it in my schedule. So, today, it is Sunny with no wind. So, I could go ride today, even though it is colder. Tomorrow, however, it is supposed to be rainy and warmer. So, I'm going to have to go for the cobbles, and rainy, muddy roads along with the dirty selfie at the end of the ride. These are the times that try men's souls, when we have to make difficult decisions like that.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    If it was Easy Tom, it wouldn't be Paris Roubaix... ;)

• TheBigYin
    Options
    Results for Paris-Roubaix

n8qycb82ka5c.jpg

7djs848oaxng.png

063g559nk3mk.png

In third place Graham @BigG59 with a solid saturday rise of 77.1km.

In second place Brett @kupe just creeping over the metric century mark with 101.1km

and in first place, once again its Jason @Jakess1971 with what looked like a pretty tough imperial century (and a bit) - plus a couple of the photo-bonuses within the 167.1km. He looked tired afterwards, bless him!

Hope he's feeling up to holding the trophy aloft... bet it weighs more than his new bike!

y4dmjadi4w41.jpg

In overall Third, just hanging in there it's Me with 140 points... (I'm still claiming its from consistency)

In overall Second with a total of 159 points, is Graham @BigG59

And our overall leader is Jason @Jakess1971, with 176 points...

Thanks to everyone who rode, and submitted their rides on this, which I'm sure a few of you know, is something of a special weekend for me... Paris Roubaix always held a deep seat in my affections, but when my Dad passed away 3 years ago on the day of the race, it became something more meaningful still... A day where I remember my Dad and the happy times we spent, the times we spent together at Bike Races - either on the TV, or out at the roadside - not to mention the times he spent at the roadside, holding out bidons/musettes as my support when I used to race. He loved sport, and always enjoyed watching racing, be it cars, motorcycles, horses, cycles or running - if it was competitive, he was there, cheering on his favourite. He'd have been in bits watching Cancellara bidding the Roubaix Velodrome farewell yesterday (as was I, if I'm being honest...)

Anyhow...

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Thanks for grabbing my entry, Mark. Timing and weather have kept me out of most of this challenge. :\

Nice ride, Jason!
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I guess I could've counted my 1.8km run to the grocery store if nothing more than to get the bonus points. Just was not on it yesterday. Keep the great memories alive Mark, chapeau.
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Loving the trophy :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Thanks for grabbing my entry, Mark. Timing and weather have kept me out of most of this challenge. :\

No Worries - I think I just wanted this particular "event" to be as inclusive as possible...
    I guess I could've counted my 1.8km run to the grocery store if nothing more than to get the bonus points. Just was not on it yesterday. Keep the great memories alive Mark, chapeau.

I looked on Strava, but didn't see anything - did I miss it... anything that shows a GPS trace qualifys, I've done a couple of really tiny little rides, just to "keep the streak" alive...

Jakess1971 wrote: »
    Loving the trophy :)

glad you liked it... I thought it looked reasonably kosher :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Results for De Brabantse Pijl

ju9ezrf5hemo.jpg

0wsy3abgr41m.png

u8g4n6cssk8n.png

In third place Jill @jillyian with a solid 33.0km ride

In second place Joshua @m1xm0d3 ,back with a healthy 45.2km spin

and in first place, my all time MFP Hero - Tom @TDSeest - leading the field with 45.9km.

In overall Third, I'm still hanging in there with 146 points... (I'm still claiming its from consistency - it's sure as hell not from the km's...)

In overall Second with a total of 159 points, is Graham @BigG59

And our overall leader is Jason @Jakess1971, with 178 points...

A small gap opened up at the top - Graham's been away for most of the mid-week rides, which I think has seriously hampered his chances in the overall - and yet he's still walking away from me, and I haven't missed a rid so far (thats jinxed it...)

• Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

I looked on Strava, but didn't see anything - did I miss it... anything that shows a GPS trace qualifys, I've done a couple of really tiny little rides, just to "keep the streak" alive...

I didn't bother tracking it since it was barely out of my strava "privacy zone" so you didn't miss a thing.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

I didn't bother tracking it since it was barely out of my strava "privacy zone" so you didn't miss a thing.

ah, that's fine - I was just worried I'd missed it - that's the problem when I start checking Strava, it's not fair if I don't do it for everyone...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Results for Amstel Gold

58921vz5stw8.jpg

c9o4ah8ksgd5.png

rmibrgqronnp.png

In third place Joshua @m1xm0d3 with a healthy metric Century+ at 108.2km.

In second place its Jason @Jakess1971 again, crossing the Metric C+ line at 112.7km

and in first place, back after a fairly steady start to his classics campaign it Chris @KitTheRoadie with his 115.7km ride on the Exmoor Beauty Sportive... Well done Chris :)

In overall Third, catching up a little by virtue of Graham's absence... it's Me with 154 points... (though Brett's getting closer by the ride... doubt I'll manage to hold on to the podium tbh...)

In overall Second, still with a total of 159 points, is Graham @BigG59

And our overall leader is Jason @Jakess1971, with 198 points...

A good turnout again this weekend - good to see the weather is improving a little and people are venturing out on longer rides... maybe I should try that as well...

Anyhow...

• Jakess1971
    Options
    Not a huge amount in it for those top 6, last couple of rides for a while this week too, seem to have fallen a bit lucky this year I think, first classics season I've actually not been languishing down in mid-table.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nicely done everyone... We have been having some decent weather lately so it's directly related.

Picking up some steam right before the break for Giro. Perfect timing... lol

• Jakess1971
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

Picking up some steam right before the break for Giro. Perfect timing... lol

Sounds like fighting talk :)
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! :-D Thanks Mark, just lucky with this one that it landed on a weekend that I had an event planned, my only one at the moment... Back to steady eddy for me! ;-)1zlyjdag09hw.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Results for La Fleche Wallonne

vfovhl9wpb8b.jpg

jizwvuuohu9w.png

pdci1dvq282z.png

In third place it's Jill @jillyian with a creditable 56.6km mid week ride.

In second place its Me, wishing I'd ridden around the village once at the end of the ride, with 69.8km, a mere 300m short of the top spot

and in first place, Stewart @stewartlayzell with a good solid 70.1km - Well done Stewart :)

In overall Third, still with a total of 159 points, is Graham @BigG59

In overall Second, once again making the best of Graham's absence... it's Me with 175 points...

And our overall leader is Jason @Jakess1971, with 198 points - again unchanged due to his missing the ride through dental issues...

Again, we've had a pretty good turnout for a week-day ride, here's hoping the weather holds for this weekends event - the final session of the CLassics Challenge for a while, as we transition into "Grand Tour Mode" with the Giro, LeTour and LaVuelta. Which reminds me, I'd really better get my finger out and start a signup sheet for those challenges...

Anyhow...

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm out of the classics I'm afraid :(

opc1ngh4fceb.jpg

Results of a crash on club night Tuesday 19th April...

#ouch!