Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    @303lissy you got this girl!!!!!

Team, sorry for my lack of action this week... it's been a rough one mentally and I'm trying to shake that off. (Birthday I don't want to recognize and with that comes goals I didn't achieve over last year with my health... then a doc visit and I was stressed so blood pressure was borderline / high and it's always lower side of normal .. so more stress in watching that to see about follow ups.). I really need to lose this weight.. I refuse to give in and be on meds if I can help it.

In addition, I've been trying to fight a super headache that just has me wanting to sit. No running as it hurts to move it. So I'm sure I'm not pulling my weight this week for minutes... will get the yoga done and just need to update to log for the others I've gotten done. Hopefully the weekend will help them and I can get back on track.

• wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    So nice to read everyone's updates....we all have struggles, illness, emergencies, life etc. I think being accountable and honest is key to getting back on track. I hope everyone is able to relax this weekend and get some goals in place for the upcoming week....exercise, meals, water, sleep etc.

I have been on the treadmill lots, done at least 2 miles daily and although I haven't jogged much, I am walking at 3.2-3.4 most of the time so that's much better than what I was doing. I kept my weight off that I lost when I was sick, so super excited about that!! I even lost another pound this week. My daughter came from university yesterday, I am excited to have her home, this was her first year and we are very close so I missed having her around although we talked 4-5 times a week. She wants to lose some weight too so we are committed to eating good and really watching the treats. Our family cruise is in two weeks so I want to lose 2 more pounds before then.

Cheers to a great weekend everyone.
  • wahmx3
    Options
    BJerzy wrote: »
    Sorry guys I've been MIA and had zero exercise this past week. My husband was in a motorcycle accident on tuesday. He's okay, but it's been a long few days.

Hope your husband is doing well, my husband had a motorcycle accident about 5 years ago and was off work for the summer, it was a tough way to get the summer off.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I too have been MIA for a couple of days. I went over on my ankle (slight sprain) during boot camp friday morning. It doesn't hurt any more, but is still very swollen. I hope to really rest it today so I can get back in the game!!
    @BJerzy - hope your husband gets better soon!
    @303lissy - awesome!! so close!!
    @sandkp - hope that headache goes away. I get them quite often as well.
    @wahmx3 - 2 weeks and you get to sail away! How exciting!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday guys! Let's grab this week by the horns and crush it!
  • wahmx3
    Options
    We are awesome!! Let's have the best week yet.
  • enuf2
    Options
    yup! Let's own it!!
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Welp... lost a bit of weight from last Tuesday but gained weight from Friday (my two weigh in days). Grumble...
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Thanks for being so understanding last week. My hubs is doing much better - still some memory loss but overall he is fine. I also managed to gain three pounds while he was here, all in one week! But since Friday I've lost two of those again so I think I just need to get regulated? My weight fluctuates so much so as long as I stay on track, I'm happy. I was at 146 from 162, so as long as I don't go above 150 now I'm okay. When I get to 140, I'll allow for a fluctuation to 145. I try to give myself leeway as much as possible.

I'm also committed to working out each day this week. I went for a run yesterday - did 2 miles - but today my knee isn't very happy so I'll see what the therapist says this afternoon. I'm also going to do the videos this week.

Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday!
  • wahmx3
    Options
    I weighed in today, I tend to be posting my results on Wed....doing the happy dance here, just under 160, haven't been that since Dec 2014!! Think it's a combination of exercising more and Plexus. 8 days until we leave for Miami, can't wait for a 10 day vacation!
  • wahmx3
    Options
    BJerzy wrote: »
    Hey guys! Thanks for being so understanding last week. My hubs is doing much better - still some memory loss but overall he is fine. I also managed to gain three pounds while he was here, all in one week! But since Friday I've lost two of those again so I think I just need to get regulated? My weight fluctuates so much so as long as I stay on track, I'm happy. I was at 146 from 162, so as long as I don't go above 150 now I'm okay. When I get to 140, I'll allow for a fluctuation to 145. I try to give myself leeway as much as possible.

I'm also committed to working out each day this week. I went for a run yesterday - did 2 miles - but today my knee isn't very happy so I'll see what the therapist says this afternoon. I'm also going to do the videos this week.

Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday!

Glad to hear your husband is improving. The weight will come off once you are back on track, you can do it.
  • sandkp
    Options
    Sorry team for being kind of MIA - so much going on here no time to log and my phone and I don't get along to write long messages without it autocorrecting me to sound really goofy! (not blaming my fat fingers at all!)

@BJerzy so glad to hear your husband is doing better!

I am not sure if you all have had a chance to read the newsletter about the upcoming stuff for this group - looks like the mini is a singles ( There will be a new group to start Monday May 13- July 11. It's 8 weeks only ) and then they will do a group race starting June 20 and going for 10 weeks. Hawkins410 is going to be stepping up to start that one... here is the info on that..

"Amazing Race - Summer Heat" will be very similar to the current race, with just a few minor changes. It will be a team challenge, starting June 20th, and lasting exactly 10 weeks. It's a big commitment! We will be racing hard and fast around the world (plus some). For those teams that are speedy enough, we will reach Rio de Janeiro just in time for the closing ceremonies of the Summer Olympics! :)

In order to moderate, tabulate, and make sure we play by the rules, @MissionEnforcer has volunteered to monitor and take over the Mission Controls. B)

Sign-ups will begin June 5, and the ability to access spreadsheets will be necessary. Although we will need a Team Liaison from each team, establishing a buddy system will be encouraged for help, support, and logging purposes.
    For those who wish, group sign-ups will be allowed, and "The Enforcer" will try to accommodate all requests, as much as possible, depending on numbers.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful time in Melodieccurn's new challenge! I will be watching that one from the sidelines and cheering you all on. Just watch for the sign-in sheet on June 5th. I hope to see many of you in the "Amazing Race -Summer Heat". The more, the merrier!! :)B):)B):)B):)

So the question is... is anyone wanting to do a team sign up like we discussed a couple weeks ago? If so, guessing we should make a list so we can ensure we are all put on the same team.
  • 303lissy
    Options
    @sandkp yes please! Count me in!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    @sandkp yes I am in, too!
  • enuf2
    Options
    Well, guys...I gained :'(:s I have been hovering around 200 for the last 3 weeks and cannot seem to get past it. I am trying to keep my motivation up, but I am so frustrated. I continue to be so thankful for this Race, and this group! Needless to say...yes I am in for the next one!!

Ok, my pouting is over. I will do better this week. Exercise is not the problem (however my ankle is still sore so I am not working out as hard). I will make better choices with eating. After work is the worst. I need to get into a better habit at that time. Any suggestions??
  • sandkp
    Options
    So sorry @enuf200 .. I know how frustrating that is. Just know that you will get there if you hold true. Your body's just fighting you right now. Maybe switch up your diet a bit to feed it more earlier and when you get that urge to snack or eat late, drink water water water... or a cup of tea.. something without a bunch of calories. I know late evening eating was/is a huge part of my weight issues. I have been trying to do this water thing myself... only downside is night bathroom runs!

So excited that we have a group started... @303lissy, @BJerzy, @enuf200 and @sandkp (me)... anyone else in???
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Ugh @enuf200 I'm with you. I hit 200.4 last Friday and 202 early this week. I don't think the scale is gonna make me happy tomorrow. I know exactly what it is too, I know I'm eating crap. I keep staring into my fridge at night thinking "what do I want to make" and nothing seems appealing. So I made spaghetti and meatballs last night (not even whole grain pasta, whatever crap I had on hand). I need to buy good food and get excited to make stuff.
  • enuf2
    Options
    I know I need to buckle down with snacking and get back to weekly planning of meals. I have to put in the work to be successful. Weird, I don't shy away from hard work in any other part of my life....why am I lazy when it comes to having a proper diet? And really, its not even that hard!! thanks for the advice @sandkp - your right about drinking more water - I will work on that. @303lissy - we WILL figure this out!!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Hey guys! I just did all three videos this morning and it took about 20 minutes! I don't know that they really should have been worth 25 points because they were super easy, but we'll take it! If you have just 20 minutes today try and squeeze them in :)

Hope everyone's having a great Sunday. I've already signed up for the next group and singles Amazing Race. I'm excited to keep going on this journey!
  • sandkp
    Options
    Hey team... sorry for slacking... its after midnight and I'm just rolling in after a 7+HR drive home and unpacking.. left home with my teenager on Thursday for college/soccer tours/camps. Been hotel living and watching the camps so it's been challenge. I'm gonna try to catch up tomorrow but wanted to say thanks to you all for this first of what I hope to be many journeys with you all!

@BJerzy .. I signed up for the singles race... is there a sign up for the team one yet? Didn't want to miss it but didn't see a link in my quick peek before falling asleep!